First Grow: Is This Slow Progress?

johnrinson

420 Member
Hey, this is my first grow and I feel like it's really suffering with slow progress. I'm exactly two months in from germinating from seed. I had hoped to be moving to flowering stage now but feel like I'm nowhere near it. Here's a picture of my 4 plants - now at day 60. I've topped them, and they've all successfully sprouted two main colas. I'm also low-stress training them as you'll see from the pic. I had some early issues with my watering cycle, which a forum member here pointed out, but which I think I've since sorted. But still growth feels really slow.
I'm growing in soil. Currently on an 18/6 light schedule. I use 1ml per week of Biobizz Grow as nutrient.
Any thoughts or advice would be really welcomed, thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4927.jpg
    IMG_4927.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
2 months of veg seems average from my own grow experience for indoors etc another thing you will have to factor in is stretch in flowering from dominate genetics as these lovelies may double or triple in size in a few weeks of 12/12 :)

Topping appears to limit the stretch in flowering & this can be done to lateral branches as well but extra weeks of veg are required before flowering for suitable growth.

If you think this has been slow I would suggest looking at size of bulb & tent size also hanging distance on some minor technical detail but do not rule out the strain as it may be short growing type !

You could probably feed them more than that too. How many litres of water is that 1ml put into? Fairly sure at this stage the recommended is 2-3ml per litre. I use biobizz nutrients too. Not showing any deficiencies by the look of it but it will probably help if you feed them a little more. Build it up gradually. :morenutes:

More nutrients... ah well veg girls don't really need that much to be honest, ye I've grown with BioBizz for some time by now & would suggest the sea weed based one called alg-a-mic & BioHeaven... micro nutrients and some humic acids etc with a little bit of Bio Grow for veg... but we are talking organic and what some call living soils.

More nutrients... ah well veg girls don't really need that much to be honest, ye I've grown with BioBizz for some time by now & would suggest the sea weed based one called alg-a-mic & BioHeaven... micro nutrients and some humic acids etc with a little bit of Bio Grow for veg... but we are talking organic and what some call living soils.
Haven't tried those just yet, mainly due to trying to keep cost down. Heard good things about the BioHeaven. I've used the grow, bloom and topmax with the lightmix soil. This time around I've added some worm cast to the mix. Have you tried the fish-mix?

You could probably feed them more than that too. How many litres of water is that 1ml put into? Fairly sure at this stage the recommended is 2-3ml per litre. I use biobizz nutrients too. Not showing any deficiencies by the look of it but it will probably help if you feed them a little more. Build it up gradually. :morenutes:
Yep I'm only using 1ml per litre. Sounds like I should start ramping that up

When you flip to 12/12 your plants will kick into gear and almost double in size in like 2-4 weeks. It’s slow sometimes, when it’s dragging ass keep yourself busy cloning and up poring and taking the best care you can. Don’t over water. What are you growing in?

Mmm my spider man sense is telling me the BioBizz range of compost, gut hunch buddy !

This is a plant that’s about two months old that’s in coco. Fed General hydroponics Floranova grow, armor-si, cal-mag+, hydroguard and photosynthesis plus. She is ready to flip anytime now.
231578E3-9FA5-43A7-B6B4-61F141BE0223.jpeg
Wow, one plant bigger than my 4 combined! I've definitely gotta up the nutrients!

VetSmoke85 Ye I've used the fish mix & replaced the bio grow for it during veg with alright results I've more likely used the best off their nutrient range for 7 out of 10 grows & always used their compost for several years.

In fact I've reused the compost as well with slight adjustments.

Back
Top Bottom