First Grow - Maui

Well it might be just my first time deal but I think she is way too small to start flowering, though I do intend to cycle her continuously if only I knew the specifics on how to do that.

Do you swap to the 12/12, pick buds and leaves off, and then cycle her to a 16/8 or 18/6 or something and she sprouts new leaves?

The most efficient way of having a continuous cycle is to utilize clones.
From what I understand, reverting a harvested plant back to veg. stage is a long process. Hope this helps a bit.

Yeah I might just have to do that instead. Though I wanted to try and get her BIG. I wonder, you think if I fold her gently in half she might actually crown like I wanted? Basically an upside down "U"?

I linked it in previous pictures how I had her but she righted herself overnight, already the kink in her stem is non-existent.

Frostleaf...

I know you are trying to LST your girl, but have you given any thought to just topping her? It is simple and will get those lower branches growing quick. ...just a thought.
Anyway, it looks like she's made a nice recovery! Good job so far. ;)

Yeah I might just have to do that instead. Though I wanted to try and get her BIG. I wonder, you think if I fold her gently in half she might actually crown like I wanted? Basically an upside down "U"?

I linked it in previous pictures how I had her but she righted herself overnight, already the kink in her stem is non-existent.

You might not have to go as extreme as upside down "U".
I think your lst job would have worked nicely as it was.
Keep her tied down at a 90 degree angle or more, like you did, and she'll bush out for you nicely.

Keep in mind that she will grow ALOT once you start to flower and I would advise to take a couple clones before you do start.

I wish I had. She just wasn't big enough to provide any clones yet and I got too impatient.

Great Job so far, bud.

Thanks, I did restart the LST back as a "J" again. Though this time a little further up as the point to try and prevent her from going all "S" on me LOL.

I will take some pics tomorrow to see how she behaves and get your opinions regarding her reaction to it.

Thanks for the continued advice.

Thanks, I did restart the LST back as a "J" again. Though this time a little further up as the point to try and prevent her from going all "S" on me LOL.

I will take some pics tomorrow to see how she behaves and get your opinions regarding her reaction to it.

Thanks for the continued advice.

Anytime, my friend. :high-five:

Remember, no matter how much you bend her, the tops will always turn back up towards the light. She will still get bushier and you can always do a second round of lst if necessary.

Hey Frostleaf, the plant is looking good. Nice and lengthy good for some training to produce more side branches to become top colas. For LST to work best, first top or FIM the plant then have her under LST. This will distribute the hormone throughout the side branches and make them grow faster then it is not to top/FIM. Check out my current grow, I got some plant with LST/Topping/FIM combo. Once you have them under the training give them time to grow out new branch. Can't wait to see how this turns out for you.

Wow frost looking good! You should consider bending her now even further down the stem and really getting her on all 4s! You'll be glad you did! Keep those lights close for LSTing !

Ok I posted some pictures to my Gallery. This is all of 1 day's difference.

19107.jpg

18114.jpg

17121.jpg

There are some extras in the gallery of the same title.

I think I may top her and use that as a clone if it works but I need to get the needed materials and components to support the clone.

Frost,

Very nice start you have there, and I'm a big fan of LST! :goodjob:

I truly don't want to jynx you, and I can't be sure from the pics, but your girl is built like a guy, so I hope she doesn't turn out to be male.

I would take a clone from her as soon as you're comfortable doing that, and put the clone into 12/12 and you'll know for sure.

I'm sub'd for the rest of the ride! :goodluck:

Ah frost shes looking better nice work! Keep that shit bent over and if you could use copper wire you can twist her around into a circle then let the branches grow up from the entire circle! Mucho colas!

Well I took 2 more pictures with some new sprouts to see if you think the LST is working. First picture is her top (which I do intend to clip if this doesn't work but will have to wait for a cloner) and the second picture are the branches that have since sprouted new shoots.

21140.jpg

In the picture below the focus is on the top, but above that you can see some smaller offshoots curving upward and sprouting some more. Does that look like its working effectively?
2068.jpg

Update End of Week 5.

It looks like the LST has yielded some great results, she has sprouted new branches all along the top side of the main stem towards the main light. Considering this is such an under-powered grow and I am not paying attention to certain things due to lack of funds (which I am correcting soon), this is better then I could have expected.

Here you can see a new collection of top branches on the light side of her main stem. This popped up mainly in the last 3 days.
22133.jpg

Close up of her largest new branch.
23118.jpg

Some more new branches..
24109.jpg

Her top bent down in LST...
25105.jpg

The temporary simple setup to begin wrapping her stem in a circular path.
26101.jpg

Over all she seems to be in great shape for the lack of attention for PH levels and such that I am not setup for, she does have one malady at that I am looking to resolve but I think it may be heat stress, so I backed that one light off.
27100.jpg

I have started to spray her with a very diluted sugar water (1/2 TSP for the entire 1L spray bottle). She seems in general to be sprouting everywhere with new leaves and points. When I get her more wrapped "around" the pot I am going to start topping her in a few spots.

Looking good with the LST. When the new branch is 3-4 inch long you can then tide it down, then top/FIM it so the new side branch can sprout faster with hormone distributed. Results you'll get 2-4 new branch from the top, and the side branch grow even faster without topping/FIM. All this will give you lots of top colas.

Uploading new pictures a little later after my batteries charge. Nozomi is now 22" tall and 18" wide. I topped her and a few off shoots about a week and a half ago, and she has since leveled off all her tips at about the same level and shes bushing out and growing uniformly.

So far I am very proud of her, Still pretty sure its a "her" as I have not seen sacs. As I have said before she was Femmed but I know they CAN change mid grow. She is BUILT though. That central stem in the upper layers is THICK.

I am almost ready to see about getting a MH/HPS light, thinking about the 600 with one of those fabric closets.

:morenutes:

Should have pictures posted within the hour.

Ok got them up early..

Now all in all I am pretty surprised at how she is doing. I am by no means speed growing, if anything taking it rather slow. This is 7 weeks and 4 days into vegetation, but I am doing this with minimal setup. Watering her on a 3/4 day schedule as LOJ suggested a while back has seemed to keep her doing great with her 24 hour light cycle (as referenced in beginning from one of the grow tip pages). So far this has worked without issues for me, so I will let everyone know how this turned out.

I will be thinking this weekend about when I can get the new grow area setup, and if soon, how long should I let her veg in the new environment. I would rather take this one slow as it IS the first grow, I'd prefer to get her as bushy as she can before flowering her. Given her size, how much bigger do you all think she would get if given a decent amount of proper nuets?

You can see her new tops when looking back a week and a half at how she was behaving.
28101.jpg

A little closer on her tops. The glistening is a little sugar water on the leaves.
2953.jpg

Now this is her central stem. Probably about 1/3rd thicker in the middle than at the base.
3037.jpg

I was actually just reading that. Very nice so far. What dimensions are you currently at on your MW? I am curious because I know most people like the idea of harvesting around/inside 10 weeks. I am going for longer myself, but I am curious how much yours will grow in flowering phase.

Back
Top Bottom