First grow need help. Not sure what how to correct this problem.

ultraduster

Need help with plant developing brown spots throughout the leaf and then turning yellow like this. Fortunately there aren't any problems with the bud site leaves. I tried adding CaliMagic, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I have been following BunzBoy's Flora Feeding. I only added 1/2 tsp of CaliMagic for the last 3 feedings.

What Strain is it? Bubblelicious Feminized (Nirvana)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Predominantly Indica
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 25 Days
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? FFOF
If Soil... What Size Pot? 2 Gallon
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 75W LED
Is it Air Cooled? No
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 80F
RH of Room/Cabinet? Not sure
PH of Medium or Reservoir? Not sure
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? Every two days.
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? General Hydroponics Flora series + CaliMagic
Size or Square Footage of Room? 4.3125 Sq.Ft.

IMG_0889_1_1.JPG

According to my experience, it could be a pH problem. You'll only know for sure when you have a pH tester, but if you can't get one, maybe you can get some strips although they might not be very accurate.

Also could be nutrient burn. The leaves look pretty dark. What strength are you using the GH at?

Almost a month in bud, good for you she is doing well! ...yeah as many bubblelicious strains like to have some (N) in bud, this is no different, there is standard nute burn on the older fans, a little too excessive on the nutes, but has accepted it well, and is actually only showing the worst for wear, tend her some more and give her a good flush pour 3 times her pot of ph neutral, air temperate water theu allow to drain over night to continue in the morning, no nutes until you see an improvement, even then 25-30% less nutes.

if you can offer her some sun light and a shot of cal-mag

According to my experience, it could be a pH problem. You'll only know for sure when you have a pH tester, but if you can't get one, maybe you can get some strips although they might not be very accurate.

What am I supposed to test? I have been using the General Hydroponics Ph Control Kit with every watering/feeding. It is the one where you put drops to measure PH, which I don't think is great because it isn't easily readable as numbers. I'll be getting a digital one soon.

Also could be nutrient burn. The leaves look pretty dark. What strength are you using the GH at?

I am doing Micro/Grow/Bloom - 1.5/1/1.5 tsp per gallon.

Almost a month in bud, good for you she is doing well! ...yeah as many bubblelicious strains like to have some (N) in bud, this is no different, there is standard nute burn on the older fans, a little too excessive on the nutes, but has accepted it well, and is actually only showing the worst for wear, tend her some more and give her a good flush pour 3 times her pot of ph neutral, air temperate water theu allow to drain over night to continue in the morning, no nutes until you see an improvement, even then 25-30% less nutes.

if you can offer her some sun light and a shot of cal-mag

Thanks a lot! Do I flush first and then give a shot of cal-mag? And how much cal-mag do I give? What would be the proper procedure?

What am I supposed to test? I have been using the General Hydroponics Ph Control Kit with every watering/feeding. It is the one where you put drops to measure PH, which I don't think is great because it isn't easily readable as numbers. I'll be getting a digital one soon.

I am doing Micro/Grow/Bloom - 1.5/1/1.5 tsp per gallon.

Thanks a lot! Do I flush first and then give a shot of cal-mag? And how much cal-mag do I give? What would be the proper procedure?

I've used nothing, but pH drops for years and never had a problem with pH. You get better at reading the drops after a while. They can be more accurate than a meter at times because meters tend to drift in accuracy over time (speaking from the one I used for a couple weeks).

The 1.5/1/1.5 ratio: Is that something you got off of a feed schedule? On week four, I usually run Micro/Grow/Bloom at 2/0.5/3 (during week 4)

A shot of cal-mag is pretty vague. I use the botnicare cal-mag at 3ml per gallon. If you were filling up five gallons, you would only need about half a "shot" (1/2 an ounce). I would put the cal-mag in with your last gallon or two of flush water so you end up leaving it in there for the plant post-flush.

I've used nothing, but pH drops for years and never had a problem with pH. You get better at reading the drops after a while. They can be more accurate than a meter at times because meters tend to drift in accuracy over time (speaking from the one I used for a couple weeks).

The 1.5/1/1.5 ratio: Is that something you got off of a feed schedule? On week four, I usually run Micro/Grow/Bloom at 2/0.5/3 (during week 4)

A shot of cal-mag is pretty vague. I use the botnicare cal-mag at 3ml per gallon. If you were filling up five gallons, you would only need about half a "shot" (1/2 an ounce). I would put the cal-mag in with your last gallon or two of flush water so you end up leaving it in there for the plant post-flush.

Yeah the ratio is from Bunzboy's Flora Feeding Schedule for Soil Growers. His "early" veg ratio.

If you could share your ratios and feeding schedule that'd be great =].

Alright will do the cal-mag last.

I would stick with one persons ratios for the entire cycle, that way, (assuming they have their schedule dialed in correctly) the transitions should be as smooth as mid week. That being said, why are you not using the early or mid bloom ratios since they are under 12/12 light? I'm assuming using a veg formula during bloom is what is causing them to look like that.

My ratios took me years to dial in and I'm not confident giving my full feed schedule to anyone until I see that it works for me in more than the two styles of growing that I've tried it in.

I would stick with one persons ratios for the entire cycle, that way, (assuming they have their schedule dialed in correctly) the transitions should be as smooth as mid week. That being said, why are you not using the early or mid bloom ratios since they are under 12/12 light? I'm assuming using a veg formula during bloom is what is causing them to look like that.

My ratios took me years to dial in and I'm not confident giving my full feed schedule to anyone until I see that it works for me in more than the two styles of growing that I've tried it in.

Oops sorry about the confusion. I meant to say I was using the early flowering ratios.

FLOWERING (Day 46 – 106, more or less depending on strain)
Early - 1 1/2 tsp micro, 1 tsp grow, 1 1/2 tsp bloom. Adjust PH to 6.2

I realize now that I should be doing mid flowering ratios.

So I pulled these leaves out, which were literally unattached by itself. I am not sure if this is nute burn or some kind of deficiency. I have already flushed with ph 7 plain water yesterday. The plant now has brown spots on majority of the plant, even on the bud leaves now. Not sure what to do except feed plain ph 7 water.

IMG_089720.JPG
IMG_089924.JPG

I believe that is phosphorus deficiency. I would give it some nutrients with the next watering. pH 6

Your plant will take a while to quit showing new damage. The fix is just not that quick... especially in soil.
As an added bonus "screw you", none of the damaged leaves or growth will ever "repair" itself.
Trim off all the damaged areas as soon as the damage shows. It's not helping and will just be blocking light.

Not really any help on your issue... not even positive what your issue is... just saw a lot of damaged leaves blocking light.

Your plant will take a while to quit showing new damage. The fix is just not that quick... especially in soil.
As an added bonus "screw you", none of the damaged leaves or growth will ever "repair" itself.
Trim off all the damaged areas as soon as the damage shows. It's not helping and will just be blocking light.

Not really any help on your issue... not even positive what your issue is... just saw a lot of damaged leaves blocking light.

Alright, when you say trim it off, do I trim off the entire thing at the stem? Or just the damaged finger leaf?

The first set of pictures shows a different deficiency than the second set. The third set of pictures confirms calcium deficiency in my opinion. The second set is definitely phosphorus deficiency. So that either means that your plants were locked out at first and needed to be flushed or that you were running your nutes at too low strength and with too little calmag. Either way, you flushed (right?) so I would start giving her light strength nutrient solution in a couple days.

The first set of pictures shows a different deficiency than the second set. The third set of pictures confirms calcium deficiency in my opinion. The second set is definitely phosphorus deficiency. So that either means that your plants were locked out at first and needed to be flushed or that you were running your nutes at too low strength and with too little calmag. Either way, you flushed (right?) so I would start giving her light strength nutrient solution in a couple days.

I am thinking it was too low strength of nutes because at first I was not following Bunzboy's Flora Feeding Schedule for Soil Growers. I was following this nute guide from grow weed easy.
gwe_nute_guide.png

But after reading what you wrote about the week 4 ratios being Micro/Grow/Bloom at 2/0.5/3 tsp per gallon, I think I haven't been giving it enough nutrients.

I agree the same thing happened to me but I caught it early on. I ph at 6.3 in fox farms soil flowering. It plays a huge part believe it or not :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom