First Grow: Northern Lights Auto

freedom8976

Hey guys, i decided to create a journal so i can get direct help and not open random threads asking questions.
Soil is BIOCANNA Bio Terra Plus | CANNA UK
Led SF1000 LED 18/6 schedule, 50cm from the plant.
Planted in 17lt pots, usin RO water.
Temp/rh is sable at 23C/50%
Nutes i am using/going to use are biobizz veg and bloom, cal/mag, bat guano and palm tree ash.
At this point she has only been fed twice with Bio·Grow - Biobizz, 1ml/lt the first time and 2ml/lt 3 days ago.
I performed LST and cutoff one big leaf to let the light hit the parts that where growing under it.
At this point she is 18 days old from sprouting.

IMG_20210205_024823169.jpg

IMG_20210217_185110867.jpg

IMG_20210217_185159981.jpg

IMG_20210217_185209647.jpg

I hope that it goes well, i have another one thats just 7 days old.
I did cause some nute burn probably as you can see in the second pic, but so far so good xD
The soil that i am using might have enough fertilizers in it to carry the plant all the way to harvest. i have found on the net that it has both 9/5/5 and 7/7/10 but i dont know the amounts.

I don't recall the context but thought it was interesting when he talked about nutrients. You would have to watch some of his videos to get the full context. He does have some really good ones that reflect on years of university study. LIke all the resources available today, you have to pick and choose what you can relate too and experiment. All nutrient manufacturers use different materials so it is hard to compare apples to apples like that.

I do find it very interesting when people talk about reading the plants. I originally started my grow with the idea that I would use much less nutrient concentrations because I went with an Aeroponic configuration but I found that I could go quite high on the ppm side before seeing any tip burn. I am not not really sure how to determine the optimum level for my specific conditions. Once I got close to flower, I stopped experimenting and just went with the manufacturers recommendations. One thing I would highly recommend is to document all your levels in EC and stay away from the PPMs since there are three different standards and things are easily confused.

Looking forward to seeing here take off!

20/10/20 for both veg and flower? i thought that we need higher P and K values for flowering and higher N values for vegging.

Not necessarily. The science disproving such myths has been out for over 10 years yet you see a lot of posts claiming things like "you don't need a lot of N in bloom", or "cut N in bloom". See POST #2 of my journal. Disregard the stuff in the video regarding Advanced Nutrition having the right ratios in their products. That's all salesmanship. In fact their N-P-K values for the combination of all their products is 1-1-3, far from what their own data suggests. Post 3, 19, & 22 also have some good info debunking other common myths. A good complete fertilizer with a N-P-K of 2-1-4 (or multiples thereof) can be run from start to finish with great results. No need for "bloom boosters" or flowering formulas.

I don't recall the context but thought it was interesting when he talked about nutrients. You would have to watch some of his videos to get the full context. He does have some really good ones that reflect on years of university study. LIke all the resources available today, you have to pick and choose what you can relate too and experiment. All nutrient manufacturers use different materials so it is hard to compare apples to apples like that.

I do find it very interesting when people talk about reading the plants. I originally started my grow with the idea that I would use much less nutrient concentrations because I went with an Aeroponic configuration but I found that I could go quite high on the ppm side before seeing any tip burn. I am not not really sure how to determine the optimum level for my specific conditions. Once I got close to flower, I stopped experimenting and just went with the manufacturers recommendations. One thing I would highly recommend is to document all your levels in EC and stay away from the PPMs since there are three different standards and things are easily confused.

Looking forward to seeing here take off!

Ppm and EC are only part of the equation. It's what that ppm or EC consists of that matters. Consider the following 2 scenarios: Fertilizer A and a 500 ppm or 1 EC reading. Of that 500 ppm, 250 are from N, 50 from P, and 200 are from K. Now Fertilizer B, same 500 ppm dosage but it's mix is 100 N, 300 P, and 200 K. They are both 500 ppm right? What results would you get? Fertilizer A would fry your plant crisp and Fertilizer B you would likely have a yellow plant suffering from Nitrogen deficiency. Why? Mature cannabis plants will need about 150-175 ppm from N to stay healthy. Fertilizer A has too much and Fertilizer B doesn't have enough at that feeding level.

what do you mean?? i dont understand :D
your grow looks crazy btw !!!

All readings you get from any instrument to measure TDS (total dissolved solids) will perform some type of calculation based off the EC (electrical conductivity) reading of the solution. When you hear people reference PPMs (parts per million), there are referring to one of three standards; Hanna, Eutech or Truncheon. Unfortunately, it is very easy to mis-communicate which standard one is referring to and there is about a 300ppm delta between all three.

To eliminate any confusion, always make your calculations based on EC and you will never have room for error (other than calibration)

The level of EC that is right for your specific environment depends on the manufacturer and grow medium.

Not necessarily. The science disproving such myths has been out for over 10 years yet you see a lot of posts claiming things like "you don't need a lot of N in bloom", or "cut N in bloom". See POST #2 of my journal. Disregard the stuff in the video regarding Advanced Nutrition having the right ratios in their products. That's all salesmanship. In fact their N-P-K values for the combination of all their products is 1-1-3, far from what their own data suggests. Post 3, 19, & 22 also have some good info debunking other common myths. A good complete fertilizer with a N-P-K of 2-1-4 (or multiples thereof) can be run from start to finish with great results. No need for "bloom boosters" or flowering formulas.
This is an interesting conversation, I remember reading somewhere that there was a theory that the plants takes up all the N it needs for the entire grow in just the veg period. I wish I was more confident of what is going on but I have huge respect for Dr Bugbee and his studies. His team has been studying cannabis for 20 years at his university so look up some of his videos. They are a great source of additional information to help you find middle ground on what to believe or not...

I did add up all the NPK values of my nutrient solution (Floramax) and it came out pretty close to Bugbee's 20-10-20 numbers.

So you guys agree and follow Dr Bugbee's advice on nutes. This means that i do not have to push the P up at flowering to get better yields, right?
I just watched the whole lecture and he never mentioned to use different kind of fert for veg and bloom, just 20/10/20 for the whole grow without adding anything else to the feeding schedule!!
do you have any recommendation for organic fert with this analogy?

So you guys agree and follow Dr Bugbee's advice on nutes. This means that i do not have to push the P up at flowering to get better yields, right?
I just watched the whole lecture and he never mentioned to use different kind of fert for veg and bloom, just 20/10/20 for the whole grow without adding anything else to the feeding schedule!!
do you have any recommendation for organic fert with this analogy?

Remember, that Dr. Bugbee is creating his own soil medium from scratch. Your feeding strategy will have to be centered around your base medium so you know what to compensate for. There is clearly a different strategy for a DWC or COCO environment as compared to a rich peat-based medium like he uses - so you have to make some calculations for your specific variables.

Since I am a beginner, I just took all the variables out and went with an aeroponic solution so nothing is in there unless I put it there. Then I am hoping it is as simple as using a good quality nutrient as directed. Seems to be working for me so far....?

im lucky because the soil i decided to use is pretty close to what he suggests.
what i have at hand right now is Bio·Grow - Biobizz, Bio·Bloom - Biobizz.
I was planning to use biobloom for veg and then some guano with palm tree ass combined with biobloom.
But im coming to the conclusion that i dont need as much P as i need K, so is the guano useless?
i also have this one Οργανικό λίπασμα για γκαζόν και κωνοφόρα 2kg | Growit.gr which would get me through the grow just fine, but i want to justify the money that i spent on the rest :D

I hope that it goes well, i have another one thats just 7 days old.
I did cause some nute burn probably as you can see in the second pic, but so far so good xD
The soil that i am using might have enough fertilizers in it to carry the plant all the way to harvest. i have found on the net that it has both 9/5/5 and 7/7/10 but i dont know the amounts.
I thought that my soil would carry me through to the end as I am using living soil and that’s what the living soil claimed but it was not true for me. I started showing signs of deficiencies one month in and I had to start supplement feeding my autos.

Back
Top Bottom