Denstore's First Grow 2019: Euphoria & Northern Lights

Hi all,

As promised, here are some pictures of the whole plants and some bud sites. Since it is my first grow, I would love your opinion on how they look, and on the placement of the lights! :thumb:

I know they are a bit bushy, but as mentioned earlier, I did not defoliate them in time. From what I have read, it is not wise to defoliate the plants past the 3rd week of flowering. Is this correct?

The buds on the Norther Lights plant is more airy compared to the Euphoria Plant. From your experiences, do buds tend to dense up more during the end of the flower stage?

Both plants:

Northern Lights: A bit airy with more bud sites.

Euphoria: Denser and more frosty buds so far. Wonderful smell!

Looking good... the red light is a little hard to look at but everyone looks healthy. The buds start hardening up after about week 5 of flower... just be patient as they build.
Regarding defoliating... it really isn't much recommended once you hit flower. If I somehow dont get my extreme cleaning up done in that last week of veg, I don't bother with it. Small popcorn buds at the bottom of the plant smoke just as well as that at the top, and although cleaning that up early will allow for slightly bigger buds on the top, either way will produce lots of quality pot. Don't stress over this...
That being said... there are reasons still to trim and clean up in flower if the undercanopy is so thick that air can not even flow through there or if you are starting to see yellowing down there because of lack of light penetration. If you find that you do need to trim up a bit while in flower, this too can be tolerated if you go at it slowly... only take a few leaves each day... If something under there is yellowing and about to die anyway, get it out of there so as to reduce the excess moisture... There really are no rules that are set in stone... just be smarter than the plant that you are growing.

Hey all. Quick update: The plats both look good. Unfortunately they are a sleep at the moment, but I will post pictures tomorrow! :yummy:

LED Lights Question
I realised that my buds have not been fattening up at the pace I was expecting, so I bought a Watt-meter to measure the output, and it measured around 250ish watt for 2 LEDs (800w in total). Is this normal? Both LEDs are budget, but from somewhat reputable manufacturers, and they had good reviews. I am a bit worried that this is on the low side. My growth overall has appeared quite normal (but what do I know, it is my first grow after all)

Thanks in advance!

Hey all. Quick update: The plats both look good. Unfortunately they are a sleep at the moment, but I will post pictures tomorrow! :yummy:

LED Lights Question
I realised that my buds have not been fattening up at the pace I was expecting, so I bought a Watt-meter to measure the output, and it measured around 250ish watt for 2 LEDs (800w in total). Is this normal? Both LEDs are budget, but from somewhat reputable manufacturers, and they had good reviews. I am a bit worried that this is on the low side. My growth overall has appeared quite normal (but what do I know, it is my first grow after all)

Thanks in advance!
Lots of led sellers talk the watts rating up I hear.

Yes, I have heard so, but still 270w output for 850 advertised wattage (1x250w + 1x600w) seems very low! :/
I know. $$ in = $$ out. I cant buy the dream lights I want either. I'm budgeting a 7 year plan of which I'm 3 years in. (my led drivers are 7 year warranted). I'm in a constant state of light envy. I expect if and when I do get that light I'll have higher expectations for the next one. Lights...

Back
Top Bottom