First grow, two problems on separate plants, please help: week 4 into flower

Damn! I am sad to hear that. What is my play now? Should I flush her a bit? Or just lower the nutes again next time I water her?
The damaged leaf will not repair itself, pay attention to any newer leafs. Do you have any cal/mag?

I ordered it from Amazon.
I’m not familiar with the nutes you are using.
Looks like a cal/mag (mainly mag) deficiency, but it also looks like you have too much of of something as it burning your leafs.
You will see yellowing at this stage of flower. My Afghans do the same. I grow in organic soil so pH isn’t really a factor, though I try to go in at 6.3 naturally. If it’s off a lot, I adjust upward with baking soda and down with lemon juice.
Whenever I have any deficiency I just one-time water the plant with "Revive" from Advanced Nutrients and it is always fine the next day. But the burn is quite huge so I guess that is my biggest problem now.
One thing I forgot to add - only the biggest fan leaves are yellowing and are burned. Bottom leaves seem to be in better condition.

This is one. Both mothers and sisters did the same yellowing. Don’t cut them off because the plant is using the residual nutrients in the leaves.
85816470-6148-49A3-A873-B6CF4875CA29.jpeg
I guess it is part of the flushing process, isn't it?

I guess it is part of the flushing process, isn't it?
I don’t flush either... pointless in my opinion, but I don’t use synthetic nutes.

@InTheShed can fill you on that aspect. He’s done extensive experimenting with it.

The damaged leaf will not repair itself, pay attention to any newer leaves. Do you have any cal/mag?
I will and I don't. All I have in my grow food is:
Sensi bloom A/B from AN
Sensi Grow A/B from AN
Biotonex from Cannaboom (something like big bud)
Revive from AN
Some sugars - like bud candy from AN and Sweet berry from Botanicare
And some citric acid to lower ph

I will and I don't. All I have in my grow food is:
Sensi bloom A/B from AN
Sensi Grow A/B from AN
Biotonex from Cannaboom (something like big bud)
Revive from AN
Some sugars - like bud candy from AN and Sweet berry from Botanicare
And some citric acid to lower ph
You might order some Cal/mag along with the Agromagen from Amazon.
Botanicare Cal/Mag Plus is what I use.

I don’t flush either... pointless in my opinion, but I don’t use synthetic nutes.

@InTheShed can fill you on that aspect. He’s done extensive experimenting with it.
Thanks for the tag Adam! In terms of flushing (feeding water only during the last x weeks of flower), it has no effect on the amount of nutrients left in the flowers at harvest, so it can't possibly change the flavor of the smoked product. There is no such thing as "nute taste" from unflushed plants. Correct drying and curing is what makes for quality smoke.

The first two links in my signature (#noflushclub 1 and 2) will give you the science on it, as well as this write-up I did here.

Whenever I have any deficiency I just one-time water the plant with "Revive" from Advanced Nutrients and it is always fine the next day. But the burn is quite huge so I guess that is my biggest problem now.
One thing I forgot to add - only the biggest fan leaves are yellowing and are burned. Bottom leaves seem to be in better condition.
Based on observing my own plants and looking at what seems like several hundred message threads on many message boards I figure that the plant draws the nutrients it needs from the largest fan leaves first. As it uses those up it then goes to the next largest and so on and on.

Back
Top Bottom