First Grow! White Widow & Afghan Kush

HDWEED

Hello everyone! :welcome:

I am going to try to make a post on this every three or four days depending on growth. They are 9 days in and they are on a 24hr light cycle thus far.

The White widow seem to be growing ok so far but the Afghan is huge compare to the other 3. The White Widow are Pyramid - Auto Flower White Widow and the Afghani is a Regular seed that was free from Herbies Head Shop.
Which by the way was fast shipping over the holiday weekend that just passed!

Right now I am in a Micro Grow set up with four 100W CFLs 24hr.

All four are in 3 Gallon Smart pots. Since this is my first time I read these are good for beginners so i got these.

The soil is regular organic soil with no types of nutes.

I plan on using Ionic Nutes when it is time to feed them.

In about a week and a half I will have a full size grow tent with better lights ventilation and things like that.

Below are some pics:

I know there might be some deficiencies in them but I am not sure what ones. If anyone has any advice that would be awesome!

Thanks!

12033845_1043876238956966_81893927_n.jpg

12025314_1043876378956952_1667982716_n.jpg

12021964_1043876235623633_896763082_n.jpg

Afghani Regular

11998513_1043876202290303_730978926_n.jpg

re: First Grow! White Widow & Afghan Kush

Nice one hd, you got a couple of awsome strains to play with I think. How long you gonna veg the kush for? & more importantly what kind of setup are you planning...im intrigued :grinjoint:

Hey SolMJ!

I was thinking about a 300W LED grow lights in a 48"x24"x60" grow tent since I have to keep it some what small. From what I read abut these is from seed to harvest is supposed to be about 70 days. The Afghan I am not sure about since it was the free seed. I am thinking about making it a mother since the others are auto. Once I get my tent I may use the smaller set up I have for veg and the tent for flower I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

Hey SolMJ!

I was thinking about a 300W LED grow lights in a 48"x24"x60" grow tent since I have to keep it some what small. From what I read abut these is from seed to harvest is supposed to be about 70 days. The Afghan I am not sure about since it was the free seed. I am thinking about making it a mother since the others are auto. Once I get my tent I may use the smaller set up I have for veg and the tent for flower I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

10wks for the auto is about right, I like your intention for the kush keeping it as a mother & growing clones, hopefully she turns out to be quality. If you have space restrictions then obviously you cant, but if possible I would get the biggest tent manageable. But otherwise you can grow great bud in that setup & quickly with a separate veg room...quality weed every 8-10 wks, what can I say?? nice one :grinjoint:

Hello Everyone! :welcome:

Day 12 for these little ladies and they are looking good. After looking at the first pics compared to now they are doing well. The Afghani is a monster and my fingers are crossed that its a female. I introduced LST to the Afghani in the mean time and it is taking to it well. Within hours of LST it was standing strong. The Autos are coming along nice but they are on the small side. No worries though i am sure they will fill out. I am not going to introduce any LST since it is not suggested BUT I am going to try the "Pony Tail" method I saw on Atrains post here.

Without further or do I present the ladies:

Afghani Regular:

Hello Everyone! :welcome:

Day 15 for these little ones and they growing great! Oddly enough the White Widows are already starting to smell like some dank lol. My wife mentioned it a day or so ago and I thought it was because of bag I had in my pocket but nope it was those things stinking at such an early stage. The Afghani smell like a plant right now but I am sure it will start to smell soon too.

Also I know autos should not get LST but as mentioned before in my last post I am going to Pony Tail within the next few days once the fourth nodes has come up a little more.

The plants are hungry and I am going to introduce nutes to them tomorrow for their first feeding. I am going to take it easy on them at first and increase over feeding.

Question? I noticed I have gnats!!! anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of these things? It is not a bad infestation but they are there. I am thinking of getting some fly traps.

Either way thanks for stopping by and without further or do the ladies!

FullSizeRender_3_24.jpg

FullSizeRender_4_19.jpg

FullSizeRender_5_13.jpg

Afghani Regular:

FullSizeRender_6_8.jpg

Side profile:

IMG_119326.JPG

looking good hd, for gnats don't overwater as they love wet soil & make sure there's good air circulation. Any news regarding your new setup??

I grow in soil and to avoid pests I do a full wet dry cycle. Then any eggs that are in the soil die when it's dry. I have it as dry as a desert before I water them. The pots are very lightweight. You can get these little moisture probe things from garden centres. Stab them in the soil and it tells you how dry they are. I did laugh at the afghani. I got loads of these so thought I'd have a punt with them too. I normally throw them away. I am flowering loads now. I have 9 left, I'm taking the strongest female, then killing the rest LOL

DSCF8395.JPG

Only recent photo I could find. They are bigger now and about 10 days in to 12/12 flip, so will know real soon. I'm looking for an afghani mother, but also doing 4 regular dutch passion powerplants too. I want 1 mother plant of each strain.

Good luck with your grow! Hope she's a fem for ya!

Right got 'em! Just so you can see the stanfard of genetics you'll be working with, I think they are looking quite strong overall! 4 powerplant regulars are in the top left. Others are afghani regulars.

Cannot wait til they sex. Just a week or so away!!! :cheer:

DSCF8423.JPG
DSCF8426.JPG
DSCF8428.JPG

Hey SolMJ!

Just waiting for pay day and I'm putting in the order already have it in the shopping cart lol. Yes, will be cutting back on the watering and let them get dryer before feeding. I did buy some Equalibrium to get them to bounce back from the light light light deficiencies but besides that they are looking great! Thanks for the advice as well I'm going to post some new pics later!

Those look beautiful brother! Thanks for stopping by as well I am going to follow along with yours as well!!! I am anxiously awaiting as well for sex to sho! I'm going to have some new pics up in a bit!

I grow in soil and to avoid pests I do a full wet dry cycle. Then any eggs that are in the soil die when it's dry. I have it as dry as a desert before I water them. The pots are very lightweight. You can get these little moisture probe things from garden centres. Stab them in the soil and it tells you how dry they are. I did laugh at the afghani. I got loads of these so thought I'd have a punt with them too. I normally throw them away. I am flowering loads now. I have 9 left, I'm taking the strongest female, then killing the rest LOL

DSCF8395.JPG

Only recent photo I could find. They are bigger now and about 10 days in to 12/12 flip, so will know real soon. I'm looking for an afghani mother, but also doing 4 regular dutch passion powerplants too. I want 1 mother plant of each strain.

Good luck with your grow! Hope she's a fem for ya!

Question: when you flip to 12/12 and you see it's a female do you just put her back into veg mode in order to keep her as a mother?

Question: when you flip to 12/12 and you see it's a female do you just put her back into veg mode in order to keep her as a mother?

I'm going to take cuttings, then keep one of the cuttings as the mother plant. Mine are different to yours, I'm not bothered about flowering mine if it's female. I'm only bothered about getting elite mother plants. I don't have time to flower them due to upcoming property visit. After that though, I will grow the elite mothers into monster plants, then take cuttings again for new mother plant.

Hello everyone!!! :welcome:

I know I said I was going to post new pics a day or so ago but I wanted to give them time to get a little bigger. So I figured out where some of my problems were. I had way too much light on them and also I was over watering. I also as mentioned before got some new nutes for the next feeding to take care of the mag problem. Very soon now and I will get my new set up and I will post an update once that happens!

Thanks for keeping up!

Below are the ladies:

IMG_124126.JPG

IMG_124224.JPG

IMG_124329.JPG

Afghani Regular:

IMG_124522.JPG

Hello everyone! :welcome:

It has been a long while since my last post but a lot has happened and I apologize greatly and I hope you can forgive. BUT! I got plenty of pics from over the past couple weeks and I also have a few questions that I will ask in a separate post from this one.

Since my last set up I have upgraded to a 48 x48 x73 stealth tent and upgraded my lights to a 900 watt LED King Light. I have a 6 inch Carbon Filter with adjustable setting knob that comes in handy.

The ladies have gotten big!!! The tallest one is 15 to 16 inches while the other two are about an inch or two behind it. All are a little over afoot now.

Below are the pics! ENJOY!

:cheer:

IMG_153419.JPG

Hello Everyone!

:welcome:

I know it has been awhile but the wait was worth it. I am still in my grow full force and the white widows are looking great. I did have some problems on the way but got them worked out. Currently they have their own tent still running 18/6 light schedule. The smallest is the most furthest along but the bigger ones are maybe two weeks behind. Either way take a look and let me know what you think guys and I will be back for more up dates! I also have some other plants going but should I just put them in here or start a new thread? Also the afghani has not shown sex yet but I will get some pics of it up when I find out what it is.

Thanks guys and gals have a good one! ***Sorry for the images I have to rotate them I guess before I upload****

:thanks:

image51017.JPG

image210008.JPG

image41022.JPG

image1_3_2.JPG

image34892.JPG

Ok quick update so I'm having a magnese issue it seems like did a complete flush and finished it with some klense. She is getting fatter and it hasn't slowed bud production at all. I didn't mention this last post but I did lollipop the smallest auto to see how much it will actually effect it so far it hasn't at all!
image3145.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom