First harvest today

Random941

Cuttin the plants down today. I was wondering what temp it was best to slow dry at as well should i keep a fan blowing on them? I also wanted to know if i could put all my clippings in a garbage bag and freeze them until my hash bags come in. Any help is greatly appreciated.

If controllable, I like to dry around 70-80F. If u want to dry slower, I'd recomend 65-75F humidity around 35%-50%. Keep an eye on humidity. An oscillating fan, moving, set at least 2' away from crop. I dunno about ur clippings bro. Not sure about freezing them, although I believe u know some people do. Hope this helps.

Yeah thanks man. I dried at 70f and 50% humidity and everything was almost crispy on the outside after 48 hrs. I cut everything off stems and jarred it to cure fearing it was already too dry. Opened it to check on them and it is too moist. I amleaving the jars open for 2hrs a day at this point. Is this going to work or did i completely fail?

The crispy feeling u described is normal. The outermost leaves dry out but the inner bud retains moisture. This is a good thing. After 4-7 days of this, I normally manicure then jar them for 2-6 weeks. I open/burp the jars for 15-mins to an hour 2-3 times a day the 1st week or twoq. The crispy leaves that u described are the shake used to make hash or butter once manicured. The jars/cure help even the moisture content out slowly. What u described is pretty typical. Now if the buds seem too dry out too fast in the jars then adding a small piece of lettuce, lemon, or orange peel will restore some moisture content. Key is to move buds around, which sometimes involves taking buds out of the jar putting buds that were on top on the bottom of the jars so no one part is too wet. If left unattended, the buds closest to the lettuce or peels will be the moistest. If everything in the jar turns out to be too moist/soggy, u can remove from jars and place in a brown paper bag with the top rolled down several times. Pay attention to ur buds and they will let u know why they need. It is also important that ur jars are stored in a cool, dark place while curing.

Back
Top Bottom