Winter Hash

Another question - to use hash in brownies, cookies etc. how do I achieve the decarb?? Before or during the baking??
You would have to decarb first, because of the moisture in the brownie mix you would not achieve temps long enough for decarb

I would just go with the garage bag, if you want to build a shaker an eclectic motor with a cam, hang the bag on a rod & cam bounces it. you want to drive the trichomes to the bottom of the bag, like shaking salt out of the shaker
It only took me 8 minutes, you could get away with cold freezer temps of -20c but I know the -30 or more will come

Did another shake on the bud trim this morning got 18 grams + the 40 from last night
got 21 grams + 9 from the lollipop trim

if you want to build a shaker
Yeah, I nixed the trommel thing and am just building a box to attach the screen to with a catcher tray beneath - it will be powered by "Armstrong"....well.....until I get tired..... :rofl:

Don't know what size greenjeans is using. Mine is a 100 mesh (120 micron) nylon 5 gal strainer bag I got on the bay for about $5
I fill with my trim, put it in a black garbage bag & tie it at the top
put outside for few hours & shake for 8-10 min try to jolt the trics to the bottom

IMG_4005.JPG

IMG_4008.JPG

Out of my 4 bubble-bags, my finest is 73 microns so I will give it a shake/ pun intended when the temp drops, then make bubble with the rest. For now, it's just larf and sugar-leaf hash. This is my first year curingand using grove bags, joined last winter, and never made hash with cured. Seems to be taking forever to drop the RH.

Thanks, greenjeans.

easy as can be, took only a few minutes and less than $10 .
Glad I didn't waste my money on bubble bags :D
Hey Joe :) I only just found this thread now and I am so pleased that I did. I've never made hash before and I'd like to try. Your winters sound hectic. I have never experienced this kind of weather! Here in sunny South Africa I'd need to go the dry ice route. What bags are you using there?

I'm using 5gal 100 mesh (120 micron) nylon mesh bags, but you can get them in different mesh sizes
Could also go with nut milk bags
Higher mesh size is finer lower micro size is finer

Hey Joe :) I only just found this thread now and I am so pleased that I did. I've never made hash before and I'd like to try. Your winters sound hectic. I have never experienced this kind of weather! Here in sunny South Africa I'd need to go the dry ice route. What bags are you using there?
Hi Carmen, nice to meet you!
Be it bubble hash or dry sift, the colder the better. If you don't have the colder weather, try a CO2 extinguisher unless you can buy and use all the dry ice you buy. Short shelf-life :eek:
To me, my freind, hash is wonderful in taste and smell. Be it old school or bubble, just love the purity.

Happy smokin' bro!

hash is wonderful in taste and smell
Hey Scott and Joe - I've got everything ready for when we hit about -20 c but I'm wondering once I have all my triches in a pan - how do I turn it into a puck - heat, presssure???

Hi Carmen, nice to meet you!
Be it bubble hash or dry sift, the colder the better. If you don't have the colder weather, try a CO2 extinguisher unless you can buy and use all the dry ice you buy. Short shelf-life :eek:
To me, my freind, hash is wonderful in taste and smell. Be it old school or bubble, just love the purity.

Happy smokin' bro!
Nice to meet you too. Am I correct in thinking the CO2 extinguisher is a pressurized device to make shatter? I would prefer the dry sift from a safety perspective. I am a fraidy cat when it comes to flammables and potential explosions :laugh:

Am I correct in thinking the CO2 extinguisher is a pressurized device to make shatter? I would prefer the dry sift from a safety perspective. I am a fraidy cat when it comes to flammables and potential explosions :laugh:
You are thinking of Butane extraction makes shatter. Co2 extinguisher is for putting out fires
Best for you Carmen would be a walk-in freezer, an empty or almost empty home freezer

Hey Scott and Joe - I've got everything ready for when we hit about -20 c but I'm wondering once I have all my triches in a pan - how do I turn it into a puck - heat, presssure???
Heat, the warmer it gets the gooier it gets but you also burn off some of the terpenes & thc with high heat
You don't need high pressure to get it to stick together, reread my posts
You do want to keep it on the thinner side & keep folding to get the best consistency.
A rolling mill would help lots with this
The blocks of fan leaf sift were not hard hard . I did wrap in saran/foil & put on back of stove with bricks on top to help squeeze & cure
Trim leaf sift will turn gooey with heat & turn hard when cool
If I had a press I'm sure it would be a big help

Trim leaf sift will turn gooey with heat & turn hard when cool
Thanx Joe - I'll have to go back to the beginning and concentrate!!! :hmmmm: I'm going to be sifting all of last years stuff that is left. I was just curious as to how well this works and what all I can do with hash. Plus it is easier to store that the jars.

I call this razor blade hash. heat the razor blade & move your kief around, when it sticks, reheat the blade. You can see the trics melt, dip in kief again, repeat. I will smooch on a piece of glass to compress, if to hot will come off , just scrape up & repeat
Warm blade & scrape off & roll in fingers while warm reheat if needed

IMG_2558.JPG

I call this razor blade hash. heat the razor blade & move your kief around, when it sticks, reheat the blade. You can see the trics melt, dip in kief again, repeat. I will smooch on a piece of glass to compress, if to hot will come off , just scrape up & repeat

IMG_2558.JPG
That looks amazing! How do you heat the blades? What do you hold them with?

Nice to meet you too. Am I correct in thinking the CO2 extinguisher is a pressurized device to make shatter? I would prefer the dry sift from a safety perspective. I am a fraidy cat when it comes to flammables and potential explosions :laugh:
Co2 basically makes dry ice- as needed, instead of having to buy it and use it all at once.

Cold is to release the triches. Heat is to activate. Kinda why pot or hash brownies need to be cooked.
That is an awesome concept, Brewster. Alot of work yet your hash looks top quality.
I had an awesome yield last fall harvest ( about 4 pounds) and will be doing a shit load of experimenting.

I bought a stainless-steel hash press but the temp. had to be perfect . Heated it in oven at 220 then ran downstairs and viced it. Not quite willing to invest in hash press before but considerring it now. lol
I wasted a shit-load of kief. Ended up being dry and crumbly.
I will def. try the razor method, Joe. Bubble is good but I do enjoy the old school.
Thanks for the 411.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom