First Indoor Grow DWC/LED

Has any one ever seen somthing like this...Pretty sticky stuff.I showed this to my brother and he ate a finger full lol.He said it was real sweet.I have a couple peices of card board to catch the drippings (who needs a bubble bag? lol)
P1012641.JPG
P1012628.JPG

:)
P1012646.JPG

P1012691.JPG

I am starting to regret not giving these ladies the atention that I should have.Things are starting to get kinda potent...Not to bad in the odor department but when fondled there is a powerfull nitro fueled pine smell to them.:cool:

Wow Turrtle...that's pretty awesome...I've never seen that but suspect it's resin that's building up and seeping from the branches...I bet in a few weeks you got some really dank buds there, my friend! :bravo:

An article on pruning talks about "sap":

Pruning Cannabis plants

Note: "...When you cut the stem or leaves, you may see the plant's sap momentarily spurt before the wound is plugged. The sap contains primarily the products of photosynthesis, in the form of sucrose (table sugar). Smaller amounts of materials associated with the living organism such as minerals, amino acids, and enzymes are also present. In marijuana, the sap is usually colourless, although a bright red colour - it looks like blood - is not uncommon in later life..."

An article on pruning talks about "sap":

Pruning Cannabis plants

Note: "...When you cut the stem or leaves, you may see the plant's sap momentarily spurt before the wound is plugged. The sap contains primarily the products of photosynthesis, in the form of sucrose (table sugar). Smaller amounts of materials associated with the living organism such as minerals, amino acids, and enzymes are also present. In marijuana, the sap is usually colourless, although a bright red colour - it looks like blood - is not uncommon in later life..."

Thanx krip for the info.The stems from my clones are just swelling and sweating this stuff.I did see a few spots where the stem expanded to the point that they have tiny splits.I wonder how much or if any thc is in this stuff.

I had these leaf hoppers on my first grow. They would metamorphis or something under a leaf and I think would suck a hole. Below you could see where moisture dripped. Took awhile to figure what was happening. I could look under the leaf above the drip and see a skeleton/shell of the leafhopper.

Here's some more info from another board...it doesn't mention THC content, though, but it's good info:

"What your describing is called Guttation, and what your seeing is a sap exudate.... At night, transpiration usually does not occur because most plants have their stomata closed. When there is a high soil moisture level, water will enter plant roots, because the water potential of the roots is lower than in the soil solution. The water will accumulate in the plant, creating a slight root pressure. The root pressure forces some water to exude (most oftenly) through special leaf tips or edge structures, hydathodes, forming drops. Root pressure provides the impetus for this flow, rather than transpirational ascent. This sap exudate can be clear, tan, brown or even blood red(The red colour is due to haematin compounds and anthocyanin pigments that naturally build up in some varieties; The red colour may also indicate a nutrient deficiency, notably of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, or magnesium) This sap usually contains a variety of organic and inorganic compounds, mainly sugars, and mineral nutrients, and potassium. Upon drying, a white crust remains on the tissue surface. Guttated sap exudates most commonly exude from cannabis, along both sides of the leaf axil, where the petioles attach to the stem. Though Guttations typically exude(in most plants) through modified leaf stomata known as hydathodes, in cannabis guttations most commonly exude at the leaf axil, or another part of the stem via a stoma ..... It's no worry really, but that sap is effectively a delicious meal for any would be insects and pests, so I would seal the wound with wax just like JK said to keep from attracting any unwanted visitors"

If you Google "Guttation" you can get some more info

Yes I bet that does make up for some good bug candy.When I first noticed this it was water dripping from under the leaves and since this is hydro it does make perfect sence.I double checked for any bugs and my grow area is pretty clean and sealed as far as bugs getting in there.:wood:LOL but tmac scared me so I did another double check:thedoubletake:

LOL...from what I read, it was likely that TMac had BOTH the guttation AND a bug problem. Possibly the bug problem was brought on by the sap, but not the other way, so if you're area is clear, I'm sure you'll be OK. Great job on the grow!

Nope the bugs came first~~ Very common here in the summer. I am sure we brought them in. At least one!! After it dried, it turns a powder white. Thought I spilled nutes at first.

Nope the bugs came first~~ Very common here in the summer. I am sure we brought them in. At least one!! After it dried, it turns a powder white. Thought I spilled nutes at first.

You have a very keen eye when it comes to spotting pest and symptoms. When you mension any thing about bugs I have the magnifying out LOL.
:thumb:

Looking amazing turtle!

When I saw the sap pics, I thought of sugar maple trees. I'd take "high-fructose hemp syrup" over the corn crap any day! A plant that can give & cure munchies, all in one!
:)

Back
Top Bottom