First Indoor Grow - Soil & DWC Bucket - Super Silver Haze - Jack Herer - Bag Seed

re: First Ever Indoor Grow - Soil & DWC Bucket -Super Silver Haze - Jack Herer - Bag Seed

well that works lol its been around 20-35/40....I went out got 12 or 14 gallons of distilled....here sheeeeee comes [hopefully!]:high-five:

20160319_221918.jpg

right dead center. the bright white/light green.

re: First Ever Indoor Grow - Soil & DWC Bucket -Super Silver Haze - Jack Herer - Bag Seed

Subbed:thumb:

Looking at all of the containers you have your plants in, you never fill the soil all the way to the top....moving forward you need to, because the root ball grows closer to the top of the soil than deep, so when you keep adding soil you bury it.

Also, when you add soil and cover part of the stem that may have been developing leaves, it can slow the plant down. So when transplanting, you want to make sure soil level is pretty close to the top of container. :thumb:

the 3 gal is pretty close to full, and the other small one, I plan on transplanting 1 more time if it can handle it, and if it seems worth it...when they started i just put the healthier looking one in the larger pot, trying to give it a final home. looking through a lot of different grows [obviously depends on strain etc] but I thought going within 2-3 in of the dicot was kinda bad, but I see so many that they're level with the soil...I just wanted to try to assure it wasn't going to go down too quick and out grow it before it even really could settle in.

and I guess I'll ask before I kill it, can I do 1/4 nutes on the healthy one? I'm just concerned if it is hot soil, I'd be stupid to add nutes...so I'm lost. I get it has plenty of good in the soil and it should last it, but it seems to clearly need more of something....so should I or should I wait?

If your using hot soil id say dont do it, if its not then try 1/4 strength first. I just gave my gals some 1/8 strength today and theyre a little bit smaller but I know theres nothing in the soil

I'll make it easy for you. here's what's in it: forest humus, fir bark, peat moss, pumice, earthworm castingd, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, soybean meal, seaweed extract, aloe vera, yucca extract, oyster shells and dolomite limes, ecto and endo mycorrhizae and beneficial soil microbes.

mostly for rooting then by the looks of it, its not likely to kill them if you do give them some, 1/4 strength should be ok in my book

anyone else have any input? not to disregard you, or not thay i dont believe you lol, I just wanna try to get as many perspectives as possible. it's complicated when you got too many nutes floating around not knowing what it's actually going in the plant on any given watering.

No worries Frenchy :) Im the same, i like more than one voice on a subject

I said to myself.....it's bag seed, I have like 6 more...so I did 1/4 nutes. going in at 6, runoff was upper closer to 7. 6.8 ish it had a lot more green then Yellow in the indicator tube. see what happens!! and you can see the little buggers head sticking out....it's like waiting for a kid to pop out of a vajayjay......aaannnyways, hopefully tomorrow I'll have a nice new kid to play with. :thumb:

20160320_183442.jpg

Well I peeked in about 3 hours in on lights on, and the sickly one ain't looking so sickly now. looks perky and happy! :cheer:

20160321_094141.jpg

20160321_093805.jpg

Also, no sign of nutes burn yet on the other one....I also added paper clips to lightly hold down the tops to help the smaller newer leaves get more light...super basic can't even call it LST lol. still waiting on the rockwool....ugh, soon I hope. I can see it...

2016-03-21_09_45_44.jpg

as you can tell, I'll keep you posted lol.

So I think I'm paying the price for doing nutes...continue on or flush?

2016-03-22_13_14_45.jpg

seed still hasn't fully popped, and the other one is still perky as never seen before. it was the faster plant when it started out, so we'll see....tyia for any tips.

20160322_131332.jpg

20160322_132017.jpg

2 questions. 1: the seedling supposed to look like this? the slight browning on the edges? normal or bad news? 2: the healthy plant, the burn isn't getting any better...the white lines are now starting to fill in with brown dying leaves... :/ halppp! lol thanks..

20160322_191655.jpg

the seedling loos like its bent over atm with the shell pushing up first, looks fine atm.

The girl with nute burn, we need to say goodbye to them leaves, the generally dont repair themselves after that but rest of plant should be fine. Still got to keep a close eye on her though

I'll make it easy for you. here's what's in it: forest humus, fir bark, peat moss, pumice, earthworm castingd, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, soybean meal, seaweed extract, aloe vera, yucca extract, oyster shells and dolomite limes, ecto and endo mycorrhizae and beneficial soil microbes.

With a soil like that you don't need nutes. You should be able to get by for at least 60 days and those plants will do fine with just water. You should get a pH meter and keep the water you give them around 6.3-6.5. When you water them, try watering from the bottom by putting them in a container filled with water up to about 2/3 of the way up the sides of your pots and let them soak for about 15 minutes. While soaking top water them as well until completely drenched. Then sit them on a crate,etc and let the water run out until it stops dripping. Don't water again for 5-7 days....sounds like you're tending to them too much.

Back
Top Bottom