First Indoor Grow - Soil & DWC Bucket - Super Silver Haze - Jack Herer - Bag Seed

re: First Ever Indoor Grow - Soil & DWC Bucket -Super Silver Haze - Jack Herer - Bag Seed

Mine occasionally shed a layer, ive always thought it was like a snake shedding its skin

re: First Ever Indoor Grow - Soil & DWC Bucket -Super Silver Haze - Jack Herer - Bag Seed

I'm having literally 0% success with rockwool......I'm debating using jiffy pellets and then just taking them out but I would really like to have stability in the roots while it's so young.....I need to get this figured out before my seeds come, so I am germinating all of the remaining seeds for trial and error of different things.....ideas/help would be greatly appreciated....they're always soaked in distilled for hour or less and seed is put in with taproot down...covered with small amount of water in the bottom and heat pad on low...like wtf?

I have just about 100% success with this method.

Use tap water that's been out at least 24 hours, or RO water. Get a cup of it. Drop your seeds in the cup. Wait at least 12 hours.
In 12 hours, your seeds should have cracked, or at least dropped to the bottom. If not, leave them another 24 hours.

In another cup, soak rapid rooters in the same evap'd/RO water. Leave them, soaking until you're ready to use them.

After 24 hours, whether they're cracked or not, move all the seeds into the rapid rooters. When you take the rooters out of the water, don't squeeze them - just shake them lightly a bit. You still want them to be pretty wet.

Put the rapid rooters under a clone dome.

Put the clone dome on top of a heating mat at medium heat.

Every morning when you wake up, remove the clone dome and mist the top of the dome with a sprayer. This gives the seeds air exchange, and keeps humidity high. Do the same thing before you go to bed.

The seeds will all germ between 3 - 10 days, depending on genetics and whatnot.

Hope that helps!

I'm hoping all last 4 pop so I can do a 2/2 experiment to see what I need to do lol. I will definitely take notes on that tho. i see that you do rapid rooters to rockwool...are rapids more sponge like and better, or personal preference? thanks

I'm hoping all last 4 pop so I can do a 2/2 experiment to see what I need to do lol. I will definitely take notes on that tho. i see that you do rapid rooters to rockwool...are rapids more sponge like and better, or personal preference? thanks

Rockwool is pretty sterile, rr's have some healthy bacteria in them. Otherwise, I've just had better success using them as opposed to direct rockwool. Don't really know why. 🤷

went out today got a propagation tray, perlite, seedling mix, and 1 other potting soil that has peat moss [and 1 or 2 other super basic things in it.] got 2 new lights [really just the outlets, I had the bulbs] in prep to have a few little ones in there for a while;maybe. I got all that for I think it was 14 or 15 bucks. couldn't go wrong :) waiting on the seeds to pop...peeked really quick this morning and it looks like all of them have cracked but no taproot yet. patience is virtue. until further notice.....

20160329_165129.jpg

edit: still no confirmation email from herbies yet....ordered on Saturday I believe it is, haven't gotten tracking # or nuffin. I'm not blaming them at all btw, I figured it takes time, lol just sayin!

3/4 have taproots....I'm kinda worried as when I looked at them this morning the paper towels were crisp.....ooopppssss :sorry: put them into nice wet rockwool cubes..now, they soaked for bout 2 days in pH tap water to 6.4-6.6. 2 cubes got 2 drops of sugar daddy. 2 cubes got 2 drops of thrive alive b-1 green [0 0 1] and 1 drop sugar daddy. since only 3 popped it's not an even experiment lol..but the other seed I think is fried, it looks to be oozing the white insides like the last one did...wtf?!?

20160330_093952.jpg

This is the soil I got for these, I'm germinating in rockwool to try to get this down, then putting them in soil. these are the soils I got yesterday....and yayayayaya MG..that's why I have perlite and btw it's like literally the same levels if I peed on them, put that in your cup and taste it! [I don't condem any actions stated above, nor take any responsibility]

20160330_090914.jpg

20160330_095807.jpg

20160330_095820.jpg

Getting the much needed sleep before they say high to me.

20160330_095834.jpg

Hey Frenchy just finished going through your journal. I haven't tried soil. Was going to but got talked into DWC. Any how my DWC seedling looked sad as well initially. The This is how I germinated mine.
FOT6D28.jpg
Used a wet napkin and sandwich bag. Took 48hrs Then I transferred to rock wool. Just feeding them PH water at the moment. Going to call the hydro shop about seedling starter nutes or If I should just stick with PH water untill I see roots out the bottom.

WP_20160329_001.jpg
See how the seedling on the right is not looking to healthy. We shall see what happened, when I get home from work!

Back
Top Bottom