First Grow Space Bucket 1.0

Day 43
Day 12 for Charlie in Flower mode

This morning I treated both Alpha and Bravo to some real sunlight. It's a beautiful day here in southern MB. Sun is feeling very warm with the patio doors wide open.
Alpha and Bravo got to bask in it while I trimmed them up a bit. Alpha just got her four last fan leaves trimmed while Bravo had several lower leaves trimmed off.
Also did a little minor lst on Bravo, attempting to get all her bud sites open to the light.

Still no signs of flowering for Charlie but I took a couple shots of her anyway.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. This warm spring air is feeling great!!

Alpha
20160312_090822.jpg

20160312_090857.jpg

Bravo
20160312_090424.jpg

20160312_090452.jpg

Charlie
20160312_091537.jpg
20160312_091459.jpg

Question: Is it worthwhile for me to keep all these little leaves I've been trimming off? I definitely want to attempt some bubble hash with the leftovers but I'm wondering if these leaves will be of any use??

From what I know, until you're into flower any trimmed leaves are worthless. I may be wrong, and would regret throwing out all my clippings. But I'm pretty sure you can only make bubble hash with the trichome covered trim you take off your harvested plant. I think to get anything out of the leaf itself you would need to extract it through cold press technology or something like that. In short... Idk. Lol

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Brother Mittin! Its lookin good all up in hereeee. :lot-o-toke: Man with all the friends we gots on here it would be extra awesome to take over an old abandoned mall and move in and just start all growin and hangin out.. Bahahahaha :goof: Go Kart track over there.. Skate/ bmx park over here.. Fill the fountain pond with some fishes... And prolly some bumper boats. :) That would be some wicked shit.

Brother Mittin! Its lookin good all up in hereeee. :lot-o-toke: Man with all the friends we gots on here it would be extra awesome to take over an old abandoned mall and move in and just start all growin and hangin out.. Bahahahaha :goof: Go Kart track over there.. Skate/ bmx park over here.. Fill the fountain pond with some fishes... And prolly some bumper boats. :) That would be some wicked shit.

Sign me up!:high-five: I won the national bumper boat championship back in the late 80's :)Bring it on!!

The mall better have a fully stocked vintage 80's arcade though

From what I know, until you're into flower any trimmed leaves are worthless. I may be wrong, and would regret throwing out all my clippings. But I'm pretty sure you can only make bubble hash with the trichome covered trim you take off your harvested plant. I think to get anything out of the leaf itself you would need to extract it through cold press technology or something like that. In short... Idk. Lol

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thanks Snid!
I guess those leaves will just be souvenirs of my first grow :laughtwo:

I had a brain wave on the weekend....or more likely my brain was only farting when I decided to put Charlie back in the bucket for flowering stage.
I didn't have an extra timer for the bucket so I was manually turning on and off the lights. Ding ding ding!!! the light went on....why don't I just keep her in the tent and pull her out for her 12 hours of sleep??!!??! :oops:

Fuck yah....brilliant idea!! Geez...I'm an idiot!!

Anyhoo....that's how she's now getting her 12/12.

Now....my question is....when the hell should I start to see signs of flowering on her??? Today is day 15 of 12/12 and I don't see any signs...I don't think. It looks like she's just been dormant for 15 days. And what about this "big stretch" I keep hearing about...lol. I don't see any of that either. Is it to come? Do I just need to wait?
I just wanna see some bud action!!...lol

I'm getting a little impatient...and really wishing I wouldn't have the the main-line with Alpha. I am so tempted to switch them to flower as well but I guess that would defeat the whole idea of the Alpha project. She's looking healthy but only has three sets of nodes on the outer cola's and four sets on the inner cola's. I wish I knew what or how big buds are made...lol I assume the more I let her grow now in veg, the bigger buds I'll get??

I'll post some pics later...right now it's game time! Flyers vs Red Wings....Go Philly!!

Ten days since my last post. Hasn't been a very good two weeks.
Went through a very warm spell here a week or so ago. That caused a lot of problems for me trying to keep the temps down.
My condo is always warm...I don't ever use heat in the winter and most often keep the patio door open a tad to keep my tent at a decent temp. The warm weather is not good...until the building switches from heat to AC...which I hope is really soon!

The high temps I believe didn't make the girls happy and they didn't grow very much. That caused me to move my lights further away which was another mistake I think.

Early this week I moved the lights back down, closer to the plants. I had also let both Alpha and Bravo dry up to the point of wilting leaves...which was basically the first time I've let them go really thirsty. Turns out I should probably always do that. After watering them with a good dose of nutes, they have never looked happier!

Charles has been in flower stage for 24 days....and is finally showing some flowering!! This is one slow moving girl. She's always been nice and green but just doesn't grow. She really annoys me!!...females can do that...haha

And since I had that seemingly useless week of growth, I said fuck it this week and switched Alpha and Bravo to 12/12. I was expecting Alpha to grow bigger but the conditions weren't good...so it is what it is....and I hate using that statement.

Bravo is looking sweet...Alpha...not sure about. No idea how she will produce. Wait and see. But at least all three are still healthy and green!

Happy Easter and have a great long weekend!

We'll start with the best. Bravo...the middle child...they are always the favorite...haha
20160325_083526.jpg
20160325_083628.jpg

The "project"...Alpha. Had higher hopes for her but we'll see what she produces.
20160325_085055.jpg
20160325_085129.jpg

Charles....definitely not Charles in Charge. (do you remember that tv show?)
20160325_084817.jpg
20160325_084850.jpg
20160325_084904.jpg

And the trio..Alpha, Charlie and Bravo.
20160325_085236.jpg
20160325_085250.jpg

Been a good week. Cooler outside and that means its easier for me to keeps my temps in check.

Alpha and Bravo have been in flower for 1.5 weeks. Charlie has been for flowering for 4.5 weeks.

Charlie still isn't growing much. At this rate, the other two will be ready before she is. I am not counting on getting any real buds from her.

Alpha and Bravo continue to grow well. They got their first round of budding nutes this week. They have stretched a fair bit and are producing some pistils. I trimmed up Bravo a bit, giving her budding sites more light. Alpha didn't need any trimming due to her main-line structure.

I want to change their light schedule so that they are in light during the night and dark during the day so that I won't have to battle the heat issues which will be a problem in the coming weeks.

Does anyone see a problem if I keep them in darkness for 24 hours so that I can change the light schedule? Right now they are in light during the day. If you have any thoughts about this, please let me know!

Alpha
20160402_080112.jpg
20160402_080056.jpg

Bravo
20160402_075601.jpg
20160402_075527.jpg

Charlie
20160402_073302.jpg
20160402_073247.jpg

Her tiny little buds...
20160402_073359.jpg

The trio
20160402_080204.jpg
20160402_080149.jpg

I think we are at about the same rate of flower. Good times!

Lookin great as usual.

/Obi

They look great man. Yeild may not be as high as you had hoped but it is your first grow. The learning experience is the important part of your first. Everything you have done wrong can be eradicated in your second grow and everything you've done right can be improved upon. So many fail completely on the maiden voyage so congrats on getting where you are. My first yeilds were tiny but it was still the best i had ever smoked and i grew it. this time around things are going so much better and i think you will find yourself in a similar situation. :goodjob:

Lookin good Mittin. They all have a very nice structure. They are gettin ready to start doin work. The 1st weeks of flower are always kinda slow then they really pick up the pace. :thumb:

Well Alpha and Bravo have done wonders compared to what Charlie did in the first 12 days of flower. They both have grown substantially, while Charlie did nothing for over two weeks...lol

I think I'll be taking your butter tutorial and using Charlie for that :drool: I don't think she'll have much for buds...unless she grows like hell in the next few weeks.

We don't have Coco Pebbles up here in Canada though :thedoubletake:
But I do make a mean batch of Molasses cookies!

They look great man. Yeild may not be as high as you had hoped but it is your first grow. The learning experience is the important part of your first. Everything you have done wrong can be eradicated in your second grow and everything you've done right can be improved upon. So many fail completely on the maiden voyage so congrats on getting where you are. My first yeilds were tiny but it was still the best i had ever smoked and i grew it. this time around things are going so much better and i think you will find yourself in a similar situation. :goodjob:

Thanks Laz,

Yes, I definitely have learned a few things. This was quite the gong show of starting with just a bucket, then getting the tent, transplanting and re-transplanting...etc.

I never really had any expectations other than getting some buds off one plant. How much I get is still up in the air. I really have no idea what to expect. But it's fun all the same....waiting with anticipation. And yes, I'm very happy to have made it this far. I have read some bad stories on here and sure didn't want my plants to did half way through...that would really suck...:wood:

My Girlfriend thinks I'm nuts just sitting there for long periods of time watching my plants...lol. But it will be her that is most excited when I bring in the harvest.

Time for the weekly update.

First off....it's my Birthday today! Yippee!!:party: Another year older...dammit.
Actually it's my girlfriends bday today as well. We share the same day. Cool eh!...lol
Too bad none of the girls are ready to celebrate :(

Anyhoo...been another good week. Alpha and Bravo have been working on their buds and looking good...Bravo a little more so.

Charlie continues her snails pace. You can see in the photo of all three that Charlie's leaves are much lighter green. They've all gotten pretty much the same nutes so I don't know why she is so light. I think her roots just never developed properly, hence the slow growth but who knows. She's at 5.5 weeks of flower now. Hopefully she does something amazing in the next 2.5 - 3 weeks :goodluck:

Alpha and Bravo are at 2.5 weeks of flower. I have high hopes for Bravo (no pun intended). Alpha is looking a little smaller right now in terms of bud growth but that may change.

Other exciting news is that I finally ordered some more seeds and they hopefully should be here next week sometime.

Sorry Logger, but I didn't take your advice and order from Haze IO. I kept my money in Canada and yes that costs me more $$ but I like to shop as locally as possible. It was however a bit of a gong show getting my order finalized and shipped. The website showed in stock but they were actually out of stock. It took a few phone calls and emails to get it sorted out and shipped sooner rather than much later. Due to the hassle, I'm expecting some decent freebies with my order as they promised.

I should have a decent variety with both Photoperiod and Auto's. Some strains are as follows

Purple Trainwreck Fem
Jack Herer Fem
Lemon Skunk Auto Fem
S.A.G.E Fem (Sativa Afghani Genetic Equilibrium)
Blue Cheese Auto Fem
Quarter Pounder Auto Fem
Hindu Kush Auto Fem

And possibly another one or two freebies which they promised as my order was delayed a second time!...grrrr

And now the photo section.

Alpha
20160409_075010.jpg
20160409_075105.jpg

Bravo
20160409_074538.jpg
20160409_074734.jpg

20160409_074842.jpg

Charlie
20160409_074101.jpg
20160409_074312.jpg

20160409_074439.jpg

And the trio
20160409_075400.jpg
20160409_075208.jpg

Boooooo. Thats it you cant be my friend nomore! Lmao j/k brother. I completely understand. But if ya ever do decide to expand on the bean strains keep my friends over at HAZE.IO in mind! :thumb:

AND..... :happy-birthday: my friend! :high-five:

p.s The plants look great my friend! :goodjob:

Its been an interesting week.
I switched the light hours so that they would be on overnight, when its cooler. So I had then in darkness for 24 hours. I wonder if thats why those calyxes have frown?? They sure looked different after that 24 hours. Looked like a fair bit of new growth on the leavrs but it was very light green. They seem to have taken to it and are growing good.

After waiting for weeks for the seeds I ordered, I finally said ef this, and went and got me some seeds at a local retailer (Crop King seeds).
Got a pack of Jack Herer Autos. Two got their tap roots in paper towel and were put in dirt on the weekend.
My other seeds will be here today or tomorrow. Guess I could have waited...lol

And finally...my girlfriend and I tested out Charlie. I cut an entire branch off her which was just enough. Bud to fill the bowl. I did a quick dry using my empty cig pack (it made a nice paper box) to put the bud in, and then used the toaster to dry em out. Worked pretty good. The taste wasnt even too bad. And we both got a got a good buzz. That entire box of Oreo's dipped in milk was dam good!! Haha
So looks like we will be able to get another 6-8 rounds outa Charlie, which is more than I expected!

Here's the girls

Alpha
20160417_220635.jpg

222224.jpg

Bravo
20160417_220535.jpg

333332.jpg

Charlie
20160417_220346.jpg

The trio
20160417_220953.jpg

And the new girls...Delta and Echo