First Proper Grow Attempt - DWC Vs Soil Testing

I love checking out your daily update. The colas on the dwc are mesmerizing. LOL.

You're using BioBiz for everything? Seem to work really well!
Thank you bro! Wont be long and hopefully you'll have some colas like that too! Maybe even bigger!

Biobizz for everything in soil. Pro XL for the DWC.

Ok today's update:

First things first in T.I.F.U....
Tried making bubble hash today, had some minor success, but mostly balls'd it up. Ended up with only 1 tiny joint of okish hash and binned the rest. I'm certain I know how I fucked up so that it won't happen when I do a proper run on a full batch of trim. I left the washing machine on for too long and it beat the plant matter to a pulp resulting in green hash for the most part . Only the 25 micron screen was ok. Anyways pics and then flower update. (I will do a full detailed post when I try this again next time)
420-magazine-mobile680095888.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1173423877.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1688684453.jpg

420-magazine-mobile52320037.jpg

The shit I threw out:
420-magazine-mobile1452893443.jpg

The bit I smoked:
420-magazine-mobile1415926205.jpg

420-magazine-mobile491318225.jpg

The small amount I did smoke was tasty enough though, and seemed to 'melt' inside the joint. Yeah I know I mixed baccy with bubble hash go ahead scream at me .

Flower update:
Temps and humidity are good now. Humidity maxed out at 60% after latest defoliation so I'll leave it at that for now.

DWC had drank a lot since res change (8L) so I topped it up and PH'd back to 5.8. The PH had gone up to 6.5 overnight. Added a drop of nutes too, to keep the EC up at 1.3. Im starting to think that this molasses thing I read about trich formation is very true. Cant remeber where I read it now, but its that feeding the plant a tiny amount of molasses drastically increases trich production almost overnight. Well I put a bit in the DWC res last night and its like it has snowed on the buds. Same thing happened to the soil plants and even the TD which is no where near as far into flower has trichs on it since I fed it with molasses. Im only adding the tiniest bit, but it seems to work.
Anyways "Pics or it didn't happen bro!":
420-magazine-mobile967281894.jpg

420-magazine-mobile500123921.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1687402198.jpg

Now the soil plants:
Soil 1 & 2 continue to slowly swell and get more sugary. Neither needed any water/feeding today.
Soil 1:
420-magazine-mobile405135794.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1091731294.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1125338755.jpg

Soil 2:
420-magazine-mobile26555747.jpg

420-magazine-mobile983280488.jpg

420-magazine-mobile7032056.jpg

Tangerine Dream is still gorgeous seriously my missus should be worried lol.
420-magazine-mobile1273685804.jpg

420-magazine-mobile698768696.jpg

Finally the Red Cherry Berry filling up the ScrOG as much as she can! I fed her today with 2L of 1/2 strength nutes. (With added great white and molasses)
Those basically:
420-magazine-mobile1424767546.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1390246916.jpg

The view from above does it a little more justice...so many little tops!
420-magazine-mobile774881046.jpg

Totally forgot to get my closing overview shot so you'll have to imagine what it looks like today (basically the same as yesterday )

Apologies if updates are a bit vague/shorter for a few days, my nan had a fall (off the loo hahahaha ) and sliced all her tendons in her hand. She had to go into surgery yesterday so I'm busy looking after her for a few days too. (She's going to be fine by the way )

Take care all and have a great day! Watch out for ceramic loo roll holders, turns out they are dangerous

Quick veg update.

The two Bdogs continue to amaze me. Brilliant strong healthy growth from both. I made an interesting observation on the one I topped. It seems to hve gone more like a FIM and has 3 tops coming in. I definitely did not do a FIM but I did top really early and only took the tiniest 5-8mm long tip right from the very top of the main stem.
420-magazine-mobile191341906.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1124210024.jpg

420-magazine-mobile328459449.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1248357683.jpg

As for the two cuttings (TD & RCB) they are doing fine. The TD cutting is starting to take off into normal growth again.
TD:
420-magazine-mobile693027834.jpg

RCB:
420-magazine-mobile798444582.jpg

Finally the Amnesia XXL Auto. I might just bin this sooner or later its really stunted & a bit deformed looking and not doing great. Probably my fault for starting it in 12/12. Still I'll give it a bit more time yet.
420-magazine-mobile89945811.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1364812279.jpg

Flower update later guys.
Have a good day all.

Well, yesterday/today is turning into a nightmare (smoke wise) and also showing me I made the right decision.

This post is kinda off topic from my journal so feel free to ignore if it doesn't interest you, but I wanted to share my experience over the last couple of days incase anyone else out there has the same issues and is thinking about growing thier own bud. Hopefully this will inspire some people to take on growing rather than trying to buy bud from dodgy assholes (dealers).

It all started with the guy I ussually get my bud from being out of stock so to speak. Assured he would be back in business tomorrow (what is now today) I decided I'd just wait. Then at 7pm came a phone call saying he would not in fact have anything for atleast 4 days and I should look elsewhere until then. I phoned the 'back-up' guy. This is where shit went downhill fast. There's a reason he's the back-up guy. He usually only sells mediocre quality bud, at a low price I'll admit, but I am someone who would rather pay more for quality, than bulk buy shitty weed. This time however he picked up the phone straight away and said he had some really high grade buds. Off to take a look I went. I was amazed when I got there, really nice amnesia covered in trichs! Everything looked good so I asked him how much. He gave me a price 25% higher than usual, but to be fair the bud looked a lot better than usual too. I went ahead and bought an ounce. (Expensive mistake)
I got home and opened up my bag to find he had in fact switched the bud for some ass quality shit that looked like it was dragged from a lake. Not only that but its just full of leaf, stalk and other bits of crap only about 4g of bunk buds in there. In some ways it is my fault that I did not check inside the bag he handed me, he did do it cleverly tho and kind of rushed away quickly after I agreed to buy a zip under the pretence of having other people to meet. Since then he won't pick up the phone at all, I realise I won't be getting my money back and its somewhat my own fault. It just pissed me right off. Needless to say he has lost a lot of business in the area overnight, a lot of my mates used to pick up off him but after hearing what he did they won't now. It is a shame though as he was somewhat of a friend (we thought) and I've known him for 14 yrs.

I guess the point of all this is thank fuck I decided to go ahead a couple months back and start growing my own. This whole experience has really hit home how lucky that I am that I can grow my own medicine. I'm sure I'm not the first to have something like this happen, nor the last, but if anyone is out there sat on the fence about starting a grow, just do it! Not only is it a joyous and rewarding hobby, but it lets you know exactly what has gone into your buds and it means you can avoid giving any money to the monkeys that call themselves dealers selling bunk shit.

I hope this inspires even just 1 more person to grow their own and not rely on other people for their meds.

Also if more people grow their own then dealers will have to step their game up quality wise. They won't be able to pedal shit if there is A+ grade all over the place.

Rant over lol.
Sorry for the kinda off topic post, but I feel better for getting some rage out 'on paper'
Have a great day all. And if you don't already, then grow your own!

Edit incase anyone is wodering I binned the 'oz' it was that bad.

Haha thanks guys. I'll get over it . To me, in a way, its a small price to pay to know the measure of someone for real. Besides he will be out of business real fast doing shady shit like that. Gonna do a nice flower update in a bit, maybe take a nice sample bud of my own we'll see.

you should try to put your auto in the 18/6 room and work on it till she shows some hair and then move it to 12/12 room, i do it this way and works better for me, still i sometimes do 1 in the corner because i'm not really interrested in auto's but hey works better then streetdealers
if it was a friend you should try to talk to him and get your money back dude.... not nice not nice at all :thedoubletake:
here some 1 grade :passitleft:

Thank you everyone. You guys have all reinforced another great decision I made. Starting this journal. Thanks for all the kind words and for coming along for the ride! Wouldn't be the same without all you guys.

Now the flower update, temps and humidity spot on . 20.4°c - 24.1°c and 45% - 60% RH.

DWC drank a lot again so I topped up with 8 more litres and PH'd back to 5.7. I added 6ml Bloom A&B to the top up this time to keep up EC also. She's getting pretty chunky now. Buds have started swelling a bit and gaining some weight. More and more branches are starting to bend down a little from the weight. Still no signs of a single brown pistil on the whole damn plant though! All white and healthy and looking like she has a long while to go compared to the soil plants. Trich production seems to be on the up now also which is great news .
420-magazine-mobile1385867449.jpg

Shaded a bud a bit and used flash to get a slightly less piss yellow photo:
420-magazine-mobile451561556.jpg

And another:
420-magazine-mobile819864533.jpg

Damn root has broke my net pot .
420-magazine-mobile1408821840.jpg

I'm so freaking excited to harvest her. Its going to be a LOT of trimming, but thats a nice problem to have. As long as I always have that issue I'll be happy .

Soil 1 & 2 are doing just fine. Neither got any water/feed today will water Soil 2 tomorrow, Soil 1 will probably go a couple days yet.
Soil 1:
420-magazine-mobile1985454491.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1942370211.jpg

Soil 2:
420-magazine-mobile448937605.jpg

420-magazine-mobile826513491.jpg

You may notice Soil 2 looks like its missing a branch, more on that in a minute.

The TD is doing great, gave it 1.5L of plain water today PH'd to 6.4. I did spot a tiny tiny bit of thrip damage on it (which means the fuckers are still there) so I may have gone overboard and chucked a bunch of DE onto it and in the pot. She'll be just fine though she's growing really nicely.
420-magazine-mobile1824663505.jpg

420-magazine-mobile232838276.jpg

The RCB is doing well too. I tucked a couple more tops today and I will most likely leave it at that for the tucking now. Give it a chance to stretch on up to the light a bit. It too got dusted with DE.
420-magazine-mobile412796123.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1007869199.jpg

I remembered the overview shot today, it feels like a good one too .
420-magazine-mobile1219934551.jpg

Finally the missing branch from Soil 2...After what happened trying to get hold of bud yesterday, I decided fuck it and chopped a sizeable branch off my Soil 2 plant as a sample/something nice to smoke in a week or 2. Now I know it is wasteful to chop early which is why I only took 1 of the 6 main buds, I just wanted to be certain of something nice to smoke. The rest will be left until it is more mature and finished flowering properly. For now though, I have trimmed it up (only a light haircut and big fans removed) and I have hung it up in the bottom of my drying tent. The trim will go into the next batch of bubble hash. I will be watching closely to see how my drying space fares now.
420-magazine-mobile437973872.jpg

420-magazine-mobile189298453.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1409407377.jpg

420-magazine-mobile160657330.jpg

Thank you again to everyone who has been following, commenting or otherwise visiting my journal for making it so enjoyable!

Take care and have a great day everyone!

Thank you very much, I'm quietly excited to smoke it if I can resist eating it kinda looks tasty lol.

As tempting as that bud looks to just chow down on do yourself justice and allow that baby to dry and cure properly. You will not be disappointed. The first colas from my grow are just now reaching 2 months cure in the jar and I am so glad I waited to consume them. Delicious and potent. We shall visit virtually and share. Enjoy!

As tempting as that bud looks to just chow down on do yourself justice and allow that baby to dry and cure properly. You will not be disappointed. The first colas from my grow are just now reaching 2 months cure in the jar and I am so glad I waited to consume them. Delicious and potent. We shall visit virtually and share. Enjoy!
Haha I'm not so sure I'll be waiting 2 months! Don't think I could if I tried. This is to smoke in maybe 14-21 days hopefully (if I can even wait that long haha). Basically so I can smoke some of my own herb while I harvest my own herb . Once I get a proper harvest under my belt I'll go for a nice 2 month cure on some choice buds I think though. Planning to go with the long cure on the organic soil ones and then smoke the DWC in the meantime. Should be plenty of it to last me haha.

Back
Top Bottom