Dwc

Which strain next?

• Total voters
Re: SouthernWeed Swims Again.DWC/H&G Nutrients

Looks like you will be unvailing a nice surprise when the time comes, I kind of like the idea of that. You wont get to really see what you got till the end, a nice surprise after all of your efforts! Lookin good bro! Keep it up, peace.

Yep, looks like lots of hidden treasure in there!

It's gonna be like unveiling a masterpiece ;).

The growth rate has been amazing with your care and those nutes.

Thanks Brother, I can't wait to see the VK at the same stage of growth after an aggresive feed schedule from day one.

Looks like you will be unvailing a nice surprise when the time comes, I kind of like the idea of that. You wont get to really see what you got till the end, a nice surprise after all of your efforts! Lookin good bro! Keep it up, peace.

Well, it will be a bit like Christmas. I can see alot more than I can get a good picture of, and that gives me a good idea of where we're at. Here's hoping the Shooting Powders work like all the rest of the components have.

Gawd!

That's Southern for, "That is most suprising", and it was the thought that went through my head about 10 minutes ago when I looked in on my girls.

Ok, every single bud on Legs is measurably thicker, but that's not even close to the good part. Every bud has added between 3/8"-3/4" in new length. I can't believe what I'm seeing. I've grown alot of plants alot of ways with alot of different nutrient packages and have never seen anything close to this.

The Runt has responded much in the same way, her structure makes it a bit harder to really examine her without bending and stressing her, but new growth and swell is evident on her as well.

I'll take some pics at the end of the light cycle today...wife took my good camera and the cheapo doesn't have a good enough filter to deal with all the light, but I promise you'll be stunned, They will have been n the new solution for 33 hours when the light kicks off tonight...I'm looking at them with around 22 hours...22 hours for God's sake.

Wife came back for a minute, grabbed the camera and just started taking pics. I got some good top of bud shots that clearly show new pistil growth, and a couple of the cola from the side, but I was rushed, and will do better tonight.

Just thought you'd like a quick look.

100_2312.jpg

100_2313.jpg

100_2314.jpg

100_2317.jpg

100_2318.jpg

Folks, that's some madcap shit right there.

SouthernW...damn son, that's some stuff there! Your plants always look outstanding (no matter the medium) but I am constantly impressed with how green and healthy looking these girls look. The Trichs are starting to frost up nicely as well. Nicely done. Thanks too for all your continued help with our grow.....you are truly Southern gentry.

My very first journal was an overly ambitious DWC grow. Tried to do more than the equipment would allow. In other words, rookie mistake. Still got a nice yield, but it could have been better.

That was about a year ago and alot has changed. Went back to soil, my background was all outdoor growing, which I understood alot better, but I kept playing around with DWC stuff downstairs until one day the light came on and I got it...sort of.

Anyone interested in hydroponic growing has surely found there way to The Viper's Nest, and I'm no exception. I spent some time in conversation with Pit, and he introduced me to his supplier. At the time, the H&G line was not available in my neck of the woods, so I ordered from him which ended up being the best thing that's happened to me with regard to where I purchase my supplies. He offers highly competitive prices and customer service second to none. I've since made a second large order from him and a third is in the works. Now these nutrients are not cheap, cost me $530 delivered to my little dirt road portion of the world, but they are no more expensive than any high end nutrient/supplement line.

So with the complete nutrient/supplement line purchased,

100_20352.jpg

I've brought two of my DWC buckets up from downstairs for the grow. The initial plan was to grow Violator Kush to mimic Pit's grow as closely as possible, but I changed my mind. Those beans are precious, so I've decided to grow a couple LA Woman freebies I got to dial in the nutrient program...but here's the next couple of grows...I'll let y'all decide in what order they come in.

100_2024.jpg

I've Macgyvered up a propagation area in a closet in the same spare bedroom with 200 equivalent watts of 6500k cfls hitting the Rapid Rooter plugs until the beans crack, at which time I'll put them under a 400w MH conversion light for the early portion of veg...while another grow finishes off.

100_2025.jpg

A NOTE ON H&G NUTRIENTS IN A DWC APPLICATION

There is a rumor out there that H&G nutrient are unsuitable in a DWC application, and it's simply not accurate. There was a translational cock up on some of the early feed charts that got out to the public that advised no air stones or pumps in the res. I contacted Humboldt Wholesalers directly and was told the following...Roots Accelurator works best in an anaerobic environment, but the use of a small stone or pump will cause no issues. Don't turn it into a fog chamber and you'll be fine.

I placed soaked seeds in the plugs at 8am today, hoping to have them into the buckets by the end of the week. I plan to use the online feed chart found on H&G's website, so anyone interested can find what I'm using and how much of it for the given week.

So there's the plan. For the first grow, I'll be showing all of it from seed to chop. After that I'll spare you the tedium of watching the early stages of the grow.
I don't think you bit off more than you could chew !! I believe you had an electrical failure, and bad luck !! And if you don't mind, i'm watching and learning !! I'm still playing in dirt !!
:reading420magazine:

G'day Southern. I bet these cost you a pretty penny.
100_20352.jpg

I don't know about the US but here in Oz H&G are the most expensive nutes on the market but from what I've heard people here are pretty happy with it. I'm considering trying H&G when I run out of CYCO. The only H&G I have is the free t-shirt the guy at my hydro shop gave me for x-mas. Your plants have such a nice deep colour. The leaves have got a real nice sheen too. Looks like you've been polishing them.:goodjob::thumb::peace:

SouthernW...damn son, that's some stuff there! Your plants always look outstanding (no matter the medium) but I am constantly impressed with how green and healthy looking these girls look. The Trichs are starting to frost up nicely as well. Nicely done. Thanks too for all your continued help with our grow.....you are truly Southern gentry.

Thanks for those kind words Brother. I just try and pay close attention and do what the plants tell me to, they'll let you know what they want/need if you just listen.

I don't think you bit off more than you could chew !! I believe you had an electrical failure, and bad luck !! And if you don't mind, I'm watching and learning !! I'm still playing in dirt !!
:reading420magazine:

Well, to tell you the truth, soil is my favorite medium to work in, but hydro make me a better grower. It makes me watch what's happening and adjust quickly. It's also alot easier to run an experiment in hydro, simply because things happen so much faster,

G'day Southern. I bet these cost you a pretty penny.
I don't know about the US but here in Oz H&G are the most expensive nutes on the market but from what I've heard people here are pretty happy with it. I'm considering trying H&G when I run out of CYCO. The only H&G I have is the free t-shirt the guy at my hydro shop gave me for x-mas. Your plants have such a nice deep colour. The leaves have got a real nice sheen too. Looks like you've been polishing them.:goodjob::thumb::peace:
\

The H&G nutrient line, in the sizes I purchased, cost me $530 USD, which is actually quite a bit less than some of the other "top end" nutrient programs. I'll admit that it may be more than some folks want to spend, but my goal always has been, and always will be, to grow the most and best bud I possibly can each and every grow. This program has definitely performed well in excess of the cost.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can report, without fear of being wrong, that this is by far, the most insane bud development I've ever seen at this point...or any point for that matter. And the smell...wow. The additional reek may be normal, but in two days...the two days since the addition of the SP...the smell has doubled and is almost unpleasant it so strong.

I did have one issue crop up yesterday, and for the life of me I just can't sort out what's caused it. I've kept my water/nute solution between 68-71 degrees through the whole grow, but yesterday the temps started to creep up, settling at 73.6...which is a bit warmer than I like. I'll be keeping a close eye on that today, and have frozen 10-1qt bags of water to use as a ghetto res chiller if the temps creep back up. I'm not wild about having a chunk of ice right up against my roots, but it may become necessary to keep that res temp where I want it.

Other than the creeping res temps, there is nothing at all negative to report. Everything is running straight, hot and normal...hopefully that will keep up.

Y'all have a great day.

Southern....I may have missed it, but are you growing the VK on this thread with the H/G nutes or starting another thread?

Speyedr....yeah I knew that.....was just wondering if he was going to include the VK grow on this thread or start a new one. Thanks

It will get it's own thread. I'm not a fan of the "perpetual" journal. They get to long and clutttered to ever be able to find anything.

Hi brother everything looks okay and alot of people are impressed with your journal, congrats

Now this is JMO and i feel many have neglected to say this but i think your plants are a little pumped up on N, hence the clawed and dark coloured leaves, i also think thats why you have some much foliage, as to much N slows flower production!.

I would ease off the N a little

Tbd

Hi brother everything looks okay and alot of people are impressed with your journal, congrats

Now this is JMO and i feel many have neglected to say this but i think your plants are a little pumped up on N, hence the clawed and dark coloured leaves, i also think thats why you have some much foliage, as to much N slows flower production!.

I would ease off the N a little

Tbd

They have been overfed the last two weeks, as I was trying to find the top end PPM this strain would take and it did claw them somewhat. I had wondered when someone would step in and make the comment that I needed to cut N, but the simple fact of the matter is that it's the Magic Green doing it's job.

I quit applying it about 10 days ago and have started to notice a bit of the green fading from them as they use up the last of the enzymes...not nitrogen...that's keeping the leaves green.

With respect to the abundant foliage, I'm sure that the heavy feeding may have helped it along, but it's just a leafy strain...at least the Legs pheno is, The Runt isn't quite a leafy, and they've been fed the same nute mix mixed in the same bucket from day one.

I am slowly beginning to drop the PPM in both buckets, they were very hot, as we get down to the end here...they don't need to be pushing the levels I had run them up to, but I wanted to see what would happen.

Lunatic curiousity I reckon.

Just thought I'd let you all know that my plants have received a death sentence via PM. Apparently, I have no idea what I'm doing and need help from a radar set and a road map to find my ass.

I'm not going to publicly name the person who sent that PM, you know who you are, but they went into great detail explaining why I'm a complete noob and dumbasss...I found that especially helpful...along with the idea that I need to be running my PH around 7.5. and my PPMs no higher than 800...very useful information there, Professor. There are times when I just don't understand people.

Anyhow, after planning appropriate funeral services for my dying plants, I went in and took samples of my buckets to check PH and PPM, and Good Lord were they hungry. They stripped roughly 40% of the nutrients out of the buckets yesterday.

The Runt, has clearly gotten into the swing of things, her buds are finally putting on some real, noticeable swell in addition to the length she is adding daily, I'm pleased, and somewhat relieved, that she's finally getting on with the program.

The nutrient solution temperature issue seems to have resolved itself without the addition of the ice packs, as the temps never got above 69.6 yesterday...I have no idea what caused that little hiccup, but it seems to be a non-issue at this point.

Bud size, trich production and smell are all on the rapid rise now, and for the first time, I'm really getting anxious for this grow to wind down. For a strain I had no real interest in, It was just a couple freebies I used to dial in my nutrient program, it has become a rather interesting plant to grow. I may take another swing at them down the road.

Pics...

100_2320.jpg

100_2321.jpg

100_23221.jpg

100_23231.jpg

100_2324.jpg

100_2325.jpg

100_2326.jpg

100_2327.jpg

So, we're about three weeks out...but I'll start closely checking trichs in about two weeks. Those that have watched my previous journals know that I generally chop indicas, or indica dominate strains just as the very first trichomes show amber...trying to keep that full on body stone down a bit.

That's the show for today.

Y'all have a great day.

Good Morning SW!
Yeah dude you can really see the necrosis setting in! Those ladies are gonners! LOL :rofl:

I've been noticing a few trolls popping up lately giving terrible advice and flat out hating on good grows. They're either narco pigs or hater losers in my eyes.
Fascinating that your plants sucked up that much nutrient so fast. The fella at my supply shop told me once that a heavy feeding plant in full bloom can deplete an entire 55 gallon reservoir of Phosphur in as little as 48 hours. I was skeptical thinking he just wanted me change my reservoir more often so I bought more nutes but i guess he was onto something!

I'm really looking forward to the VK grow! I'm trying to decide on my next strainand you VK grow will help. I'm thinking VK, LA Confidential, or Yumboldt. :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom