TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

re: TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

Ok the new plan is to soak the seed for 24 hours place it deeper into the rapid rooter so it supports itself better (I hope), place the rapid rooter into a mini pot that size and place the pot in a humidity dome! And not touch it all!

hi mate, sounds like you had some rooting problem with the last seed, hoping this one works out for you mate, im sure a bit deeper will solve the problem, should give you more root growth before it pops out the top, did the other one break away from the bottom part and die or is it still fighting for survival, just uploading some pics mate, need some advice on the 2ltr hempie, got some lower branch growth i need to check if i need to chop it and use it as clones or leave it as it is, give me a few minutes and ill have them up

Ok the new plan is to soak the seed for 24 hours place it deeper into the rapid rooter so it supports itself better (I hope), place the rapid rooter into a mini pot that size and place the pot in a humidity dome! And not touch it all!

Wuz up tesmp? I see alot about people soaking their seeds them placing them into rooters and such. Seems to work good but to be honest the best germination rates that I have personally experienced has been from using seedling starter soil and 4oz. cups with holes dotted around the sides and bottom of cups. I simply wet the dirt plant the seeds and when the small cups are light in a matter of 2 days I then sit each of them in a slightly larger cup with distilled water and bottom water them. Everything cracks surface and pops hull off within 4 to 7 days. I use a lid that half way covers their container so they have a slightly higher humidity. Its almost too easy! I then just wait 7-10 days b4 I transplant. Usually in that time frame u will see the coly's start to yellow a bit and for me that is the sign to begin feeding and for them the first feed will be from the coco that I pre-treat. I went hempy for bout 1 year but what I have experienced with coco and smartpots I will never do this another way. Coco is the shit!!! I have never had such lush plants.

Thanks for posting...

Not really sure what you mean?

hi mate, sounds like you had some rooting problem with the last seed, hoping this one works out for you mate, im sure a bit deeper will solve the problem, should give you more root growth before it pops out the top, did the other one break away from the bottom part and die or is it still fighting for survival, just uploading some pics mate, need some advice on the 2ltr hempie, got some lower branch growth i need to check if i need to chop it and use it as clones or leave it as it is, give me a few minutes and ill have them up

Hey, yeah something was up with that one but I'm more prepared this time. The other one completely snapped off :/ I was just over at your journal and commented, I wouldn't cut anything off for now.

Wuz up tesmp? I see alot about people soaking their seeds them placing them into rooters and such. Seems to work good but to be honest the best germination rates that I have personally experienced has been from using seedling starter soil and 4oz. cups with holes dotted around the sides and bottom of cups. I simply wet the dirt plant the seeds and when the small cups are light in a matter of 2 days I then sit each of them in a slightly larger cup with distilled water and bottom water them. Everything cracks surface and pops hull off within 4 to 7 days. I use a lid that half way covers their container so they have a slightly higher humidity. Its almost too easy! I then just wait 7-10 days b4 I transplant. Usually in that time frame u will see the coly's start to yellow a bit and for me that is the sign to begin feeding and for them the first feed will be from the coco that I pre-treat. I went hempy for bout 1 year but what I have experienced with coco and smartpots I will never do this another way. Coco is the shit!!! I have never had such lush plants.

Sweet thanks for the tips, I'm definitely going to give coco a try one of these days but for now I'm just doing hydro. I would try soil like you've said for starting the seedlings but I'm not really into rinsing off the roots and placing it into the hydroton, I know it can be done but I prefer not to. Once I give coco a try I'll definitely give this a go, thanks!

Purke Kush 2L's.. The tall one looks real gapped out but whatever I'll get what I get.. The tall one is the 2l DWC (the roots are white, the pic shows HPS lighting). The short one is perfect for a lollipop I didn't have to trim anything. The smell is better then any other plant i've ever smelled. Fruity and flowery.

IMG_13478.jpg

IMG_134910.jpg

IMG_13458.jpg

IMG_13468.jpg

loving the pics mate, i take it you looked at mine by your comment then mate, the 2 i cut off the other day where well over 2.5 inches so they have made good clones and still alive so im hoping for a good couple of living clones, i wasnt sure about the other 2 branches as their still pretty short, so is it best i just keep an eye on them and watch how big they get, the plant is in flower so i cant really see the branches getting a whole lot longer, but ill take some more pics a few days down the line and you can have a look for me mate,

if i could grow something half as good as yours i would be so chuffed,

i just got 1 question for you mate, you grow your hempies from clones, are you clones old enough to flower or taken from flowering plant, im only asking as if they have been taken from plants that have shown sex then they would go strait into flower under 12-12, but i grew mine from seeds, so would you think the growth from seeds would be more than it would from a clone, i know its all strain dependent but the seeds under 12-12 should need to grow long enough to be mature, so i wonder if im going to end up taking a load of cuttings to stop all the node growth due to the plant taking some time to show sex, its in flower now from what i can tell, its moved on from just showing sex to going into flower where i think it is now as their are plenty of white hairs now, i just wondered if i would be better using clones and if i did use clones then id need to either take bigger clones or let the clones veg for a bit, the clones i got now are tiny and less than 2 inches high, but that was only because i didnt plan on them been clones, but they are now clones and will need vegging before switching to flower,

loving the pics mate, i take it you looked at mine by your comment then mate, the 2 i cut off the other day where well over 2.5 inches so they have made good clones and still alive so im hoping for a good couple of living clones, i wasnt sure about the other 2 branches as their still pretty short, so is it best i just keep an eye on them and watch how big they get, the plant is in flower so i cant really see the branches getting a whole lot longer, but ill take some more pics a few days down the line and you can have a look for me mate,

if i could grow something half as good as yours i would be so chuffed,

i just got 1 question for you mate, you grow your hempies from clones, are you clones old enough to flower or taken from flowering plant, im only asking as if they have been taken from plants that have shown sex then they would go strait into flower under 12-12, but i grew mine from seeds, so would you think the growth from seeds would be more than it would from a clone, i know its all strain dependent but the seeds under 12-12 should need to grow long enough to be mature, so i wonder if im going to end up taking a load of cuttings to stop all the node growth due to the plant taking some time to show sex, its in flower now from what i can tell, its moved on from just showing sex to going into flower where i think it is now as their are plenty of white hairs now, i just wondered if i would be better using clones and if i did use clones then id need to either take bigger clones or let the clones veg for a bit, the clones i got now are tiny and less than 2 inches high, but that was only because i didnt plan on them been clones, but they are now clones and will need vegging before switching to flower,

Thanks! Yours will end up as good as mine, just gotta wait and see. 30 days in they start packing on most of the weight. I'll check out the pics in a few days just let me know if I haven't seen them. All my clones that I've gotten are from matured mother plants (as should all clones be taken from mature plants). As soon as they're rooted you can feel free to flower them or veg them for size. I really know nothing about 12/12 from seed because I've never done it before. If I were you I would veg the clones till they're about 5-8" and then flower them. All of the clones I buy are between 6-12" when I get them and I flower them immediately (except for the first two WW's).

thanks mate, gives me something to aim for then when i want to do more hempies, depending on what i get from 12-12 from seed i may stick with that method, but unless its fem seeds it could be a waste, so ill try a vegd clone and compare that to the 12-12 from seed, at least with clones i dont need to buy seeds and i could grow something that i know im going to like, thanks for the info on size ill write it down in my diary for when i do get my clones that big, thanks for checking my pics mate

Yeahhhhhh but no :( Just before you wrote this it was leaning over really bad and I tried to prop it up and it ripped right out of the rapid rooter!!!!!!!! :( I have another germinating, I need a new plan of attack though.

Oh bummer! Next!

Pics are sick!

ill keep an eye on mine, its been in about 14 days or more, i need to check my journal for dates, ive got a note book out so i can start writing it all down in their, just the dates and stuff so i know exactly how old things are, cuz if you asked me now i couldnt tell you how long the plants have been in flower, id need to scroll through the pages in my journal, but ill do a update later with all the dates on all the plants,
im so amazed at how much the 2ltr's grow even from clones,

thanks mate, gives me something to aim for then when i want to do more hempies, depending on what i get from 12-12 from seed i may stick with that method, but unless its fem seeds it could be a waste, so ill try a vegd clone and compare that to the 12-12 from seed, at least with clones i dont need to buy seeds and i could grow something that i know im going to like, thanks for the info on size ill write it down in my diary for when i do get my clones that big, thanks for checking my pics mate

From now on just get fem seeds man, I don't think I'll ever grow a regular seed. To much time and effort goes into these for them to turn out to be males. You'll definitely like clones if you find a strain you really like and want to stick with.

:eek: that 2L hempy is soooooo nice!!!!!!! i want!! :(

Lol, come and get it!

Oh bummer! Next!

Pics are sick!

Thanks SurfBuddy.. Got the other one in the rapid rooter in the dome right now. Planted much deeper, should do better (I hope).

Clones are good if available but u miss the whole journey of selecting ur own pheno's. I usually start 10 regs into 12/12 right off the bat as don P. did. When I say right off the bat I mean day 1. From 3 1/2 to 4 weeks in I can usually spot males and either keep the best pheno for pollen or dump them all. I keep all females unless I find a sativa pheno that I will most likely dump. Usually at 4 or 4 1/2 weeks in I can take clones b4 flowering has really set in. After a full 8 week flower I keep whatever clone that fits my needs. This way if I want to pollinate I have the option and I dont have to worry about seed banks. To me this way is more versitile and only takes a couple more weeks of waiting. Alot of people do the veg. out thing but with this method I can pick the female I want and even pollinate if I choose to. From start to finish 12 weeks. Not bad to find a keeper. I like to see what Im working with fast. No long veg's here. Waste of time if u ask me...

Clones are good if available but u miss the whole journey of selecting ur own pheno's. I usually start 10 regs into 12/12 right off the bat as don P. did. When I say right off the bat I mean day 1. From 3 1/2 to 4 weeks in I can usually spot males and either keep the best pheno for pollen or dump them all. I keep all females unless I find a sativa pheno that I will most likely dump. Usually at 4 or 4 1/2 weeks in I can take clones b4 flowering has really set in. After a full 8 week flower I keep whatever clone that fits my needs. This way if I want to pollinate I have the option and I dont have to worry about seed banks. To me this way is more versitile and only takes a couple more weeks of waiting. Alot of people do the veg. out thing but with this method I can pick the female I want and even pollinate if I choose to. From start to finish 12 weeks. Not bad to find a keeper. I like to see what Im working with fast. No long veg's here. Waste of time if u ask me...

Yeah that's a real good idea, like I said I've never done 12/12 from seed. Does that cause any stress ever cause they aren't matured before flowering? I'm just going for it on my critical sensi star seed whatever I get is whatever I get lol. But being 90/10 indicia/sativa it should just be an indica pheno.

seems like the 12-12 from seed bug is spreading, will be good to compare the yields from all these strains, just uploading some new pics ill have them on my journal shortly,

how the seed going, is this one looking better than the other

No stress is key for 12/12 seedlings. No toppn, very lights nutes between 10-21 days. I like to feed light then so I can see them get hungry and the next feeding I up it 100 ppm. Only time I up the ppm's are when I see them lighten up a bit. Then I know they can handle a bit more. I never rush my feeding ppms because from what I have noticed is that deficiencies are easier to detect when under nuted. So i do this method the whole way thru. Slightest light green on fans and I up the ppm.

im using bpn though and it says you can use it full strength from the time the seedling is showing its first set of leaves after the seed leaves, ive used it and had no problems at full strength, none of my plants showed any signs of nute problems using bpn, i know other brands are not like bpn with the feeding schedule, but bpn gives a feeding schedule for all stages of growth starting from seedling, then veg 1, veg 2, crazy growth, bloom, monster bloom, i hope i got that right, but corey at bpn has dialed in his products to work to their best at all stages of growth and i have not come across any problems using at full strength withing a few days of the plant growing,

but other brands may cause problems so i wouldnt advise full strength on anything else, i know bpn works at full strength with no problems from the time the plant first starts growing its first set of leaves after seed leaves.

@teSmp, got some new pics up mate, take a look at the hempie and let me know if i need to remove the lower branches, the upper branches are budding at the stem but the lower ones are growing slowly, i dont think they will get big or not but thought id ask mate, i dont mind keeping them as long as it wont lower yield on the main cola

2L DWC-H... How-to for crashnfools or anyone else..

2L DWC-H

What you need to do is take a 2L bottle and cut the top off. You'll want to cut it up as high as possible so you have a large reservoir but low enough so the cut is below where bottle starts curving. After that you'll want to wrap the bottle in some sort of material to block the light from getting into the roots. I used aluminum tape to block the light out as well as reduce the temperatures inside the reservoir. (as you can see I didn't cut the top of the bottle high enough up (I actually cut a new bottle and used it).

Now twelve12 poked holes all over the top piece (I did as well) however, from my experience and a few other journals I've been looking at on here the roots never grow out of those holes. Initially that's where I got little roots sticking out but the root mass I have is purely coming out of the lid and that's pretty much how I see everyone elses. You can experiment if you want and poke all the holes like all of us have or maybe just try poking a few holes near the lid and poking a bunch of holes on the actual lid itself. I took a old meat thermometer heated it up with a torch and it glided right into the 2L, you can also use a drill (which would be much better for the lid).

IMG_09376.jpg

IMG_09387.jpg

IMG_093911.jpg

So personally if I do it again I would not put all the holes up top. Looking at the last picture right here I would probably poke the first set of holes around the lid just in case roots wanted to come out of there and then I would try and make as many holes as I could in the lid (I didn't do enough, but I didn't know this would happen). After you have all that situated place the top into the reservoir like it would normally sit and try and get an eye on where the top cap sits in relation to the reservoir (I would do this before wrapping the bottle). Poke a hole or two so the bottle cap would be touching or just under the water level.

For medium you'll want to use perlite/vermiculite 75%/25% or coco, up to you (I'm using the P/V). Place your clone down into the top of the 2L and fill around it with your medium. Top feed for at least a week or two until, topping it off until water comes out of the holes you made in the reservoir. Personally I still top feed to this day and it's 43 days in. However, I just pore about 1/3 of the reservoir through the top and then fill the rest of the reservoir up without the top on.

Here's a pic of my roots:

IMG_134910.jpg

As you can see nearly all of them just come out of two holes on the bottom of the cap. Once a week I empty the reservoir and run straight water top feeding until it comes out of the holes in the reservoir. After that I dump out that water and run 1/3 of the reservoir with the nutrient solution and then just top of the reservoir. I also add 1" air stones because they were like 1 dollar for four and I had a spare pump sitting around. I would strongly recommended using one, essentially you have a mini DWC. I also add 3 teaspoons per gallon of 29% H202 (hydrogen peroxide) to further oxygenate the water and fight algae because of the heat and small reservoir.

Good luck!

No stress is key for 12/12 seedlings. No toppn, very lights nutes between 10-21 days. I like to feed light then so I can see them get hungry and the next feeding I up it 100 ppm. Only time I up the ppm's are when I see them lighten up a bit. Then I know they can handle a bit more. I never rush my feeding ppms because from what I have noticed is that deficiencies are easier to detect when under nuted. So i do this method the whole way thru. Slightest light green on fans and I up the ppm.

Good to know thanks for the information. I don't think I'll be doing 12/12 from seed anytime soon but if I do I'll keep this in mind. The seed I have going I'm going to veg for a bit and do a 6 sq/ft SCROG with it.

@teSmp, got some new pics up mate, take a look at the hempie and let me know if i need to remove the lower branches, the upper branches are budding at the stem but the lower ones are growing slowly, i dont think they will get big or not but thought id ask mate, i dont mind keeping them as long as it wont lower yield on the main cola

K on my way over there!

Back
Top Bottom