Surfbuddy's GLR 2L DWC-H Coco Lowryder - Big Bud - BubbleGum - Northern Lights

Yeah, SurfBuddy, when You reach the Point of Exhaustion, it is Time to Call it a Day!:high-five: After so many Hours, You finally just reach that Point where it is Senseless to go on, been there Many A Time. From what I have seen so far, You are doing Remarkably Well! No need to STRESS, come back and Work when You Feel Refreshed, remember, This is a Marathon, Not A Sprint!:welldone: Have enjoyed being a Part of Watching Your Grow:thumb:! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Yeah, SurfBuddy, when You reach the Point of Exhaustion, it is Time to Call it a Day!:high-five: After so many Hours, You finally just reach that Point where it is Senseless to go on, been there Many A Time. From what I have seen so far, You are doing Remarkably Well! No need to STRESS, come back and Work when You Feel Refreshed, remember, This is a Marathon, Not A Sprint!:welldone: Have enjoyed being a Part of Watching Your Grow:thumb:! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

JTG- Thanks for the encouragement... you're right it is a marathon (with some sprinting sections, lol) I've enjoyed your input and knowlegde injections into my grow journal. Thanks for being here.

:surf:

Smaller Northern Lights half chop, some bottom nugs will be left for two part harvest to see how that works out since there is so much room now in the flower room. 89.2g wet so far.

There has been lots o shuffling in the drying area, from lines to containers and back... they certainly are drying slowly. Hopefully we get more sun over the weekend to help them dry a little faster. The humidifier in the container of NL was at 80% after 6 hours, so they came right back out. BB went into a container as they were almost crispy on the outside of the little nugs.

Clones are showing new growth in many places, gotta love how they grow compared to seedlings, especially the 2nd gen ones... I wonder how the 3rd gen ones (clones of clones) will be...

Seedlings are moving right along, recovering from the harsh defol I gave them, and the BB clones in flower are getting hairier.

I'm screwed. the Big Bud was in this tupperware for only a couple of hours and the hygrometer is pushing 90. BTW, the hygrometer actually settled in right at 62 with a new humidipak and the lowryders, so it's accurate around 62ish... I burped it, waved the lid at it, and buttoned it up again for now. I'll open it up before going to bed, but have no more room on the strings to hang :( Thoughts?
BBdryingsortofDSC00356.jpg

Nice haul, Surf! :high-five: Sometimes it's easier to tell bud rot by feel vs. what you see... Not that you have that! They kinda disintegrate when you try to crack them as if they have no substance to them (depending on how far along). Your bud looked like it was fine, it's tough to tell by the picture sometimes though. I'd keep an eye on things closely with your higher humidity, but a longer dry/cure makes for better meds!

Great job brother!!! :goodjob:

Nice haul, Surf! :high-five: Sometimes it's easier to tell bud rot by feel vs. what you see... Not that you have that! They kinda disintegrate when you try to crack them as if they have no substance to them (depending on how far along). Your bud looked like it was fine, it's tough to tell by the picture sometimes though. I'd keep an eye on things closely with your higher humidity, but a longer dry/cure makes for better meds!

Great job brother!!! :goodjob:

Thanks Xlr8! The calyxes that had mold did disintegrate, and I vanquished all of them that I found. I'm glad you think the bud looks fine... it didn't get disintegrated like the other calyxes that I touched, but it just looked a little grey to me, so paranoia struck. The top of the kola is now drying out with the rest of the popcorn from the same plant.

i have one of those surf
my newest journal the nycd clone is from the clone thats almost done now

Smaller Northern Lights half chop, some bottom nugs will be left for two part harvest to see how that works out since there is so much room now in the flower room. 89.2g wet so far.

There has been lots o shuffling in the drying area, from lines to containers and back... they certainly are drying slowly. Hopefully we get more sun over the weekend to help them dry a little faster. The humidifier in the container of NL was at 80% after 6 hours, so they came right back out. BB went into a container as they were almost crispy on the outside of the little nugs.

Clones are showing new growth in many places, gotta love how they grow compared to seedlings, especially the 2nd gen ones... I wonder how the 3rd gen ones (clones of clones) will be...

Seedlings are moving right along, recovering from the harsh defol I gave them, and the BB clones in flower are getting hairier.

I'm screwed. the Big Bud was in this tupperware for only a couple of hours and the hygrometer is pushing 90. BTW, the hygrometer actually settled in right at 62 with a new humidipak and the lowryders, so it's accurate around 62ish... I burped it, waved the lid at it, and buttoned it up again for now. I'll open it up before going to bed, but have no more room on the strings to hang :( Thoughts?
BBdryingsortofDSC00356.jpg

Zup my man Surfbuddy:high-five:

First off all, congrats on ya reapin wat ya sow bro ;)

My 2 cents, Make a smaller curing room for the smaller harvests. Maybe look in 2 cardboard box curing. Think that could help you from shuffiling shuffiling! I'd say dont worry too much, try it out. Keep it simple this time, remember what you did. That way you got something too go from. Peace

My 2 cents, Make a smaller curing room for the smaller harvests. Maybe look in 2 cardboard box curing. Think that could help you from shuffiling shuffiling! I'd say dont worry too much, try it out. Keep it simple this time, remember what you did. That way you got something too go from. Peace

Thanks Juicy! I actually do have some in a cardboard box since I don't have enough hanging space... I will re-assess drying after this round is done, probably move out of the veg top half as it is too humid from below.

I've started a new journal for the next round. This one is almost pau, just waiting for dry weights and mom's smoke report :)

OK, some bonus pics of bonus plants. These plants were a gift to mom and were about 3' tall and were put immediately outside. They are getting close but still have clear trichs:

sativa-bonus3.jpg

And another one. They are frosty fo' sho'
sativa-bonus2.jpg

You can dry in paper bags. Just poke a few holes or more in sides with a pencil, put buds in it, and give it a shake a couple/few times a day. Just keep a close eye on them so you don't over dry. I've done this several times and it works well. The paper also helps absorb moisture (same with corrugated box).

​Cool pics!

Why 2 cardboard boxes? if it's smaller, wouldn't just one work? What am I missing here? Wouldn't that keep him singing, "Every day I'm shuffling"?

Why 2 cardboard boxes? if it's smaller, wouldn't just one work? What am I missing here? Wouldn't that keep him singing, "Every day I'm shuffling"?

I think he is saying look into, not in 2 boxes.

:Namaste:

Well heres My 2 cents on Your Drying SB, either cut your branches so they act like Hooks, or if you have a Needle and Thread, kinda make a Bud Necklace by running Needle and String through Lower stem on Bud, tie it off, and repeat. Then Grab a Hanger from your Closet, and Hang the Buds on the Hanger and the Hanger anywhere that is Cool, Dry and Dark. No Shaking, Or letting it Breath, unless You Have Pounds and Pounds!:blushsmile: But fortunately/unfortunately, that is not the case Here, I think:hmmmm:. And leave them alone until the Stem is Dry Enough to Snap when You Bend it. Then Jar Them Up, and then You can start the CURING PROCESS. Let them Breathe every 24 Hours for about 5minutes, for a Couple Of Weeks, SMOKE.:thumb: It could not Be Simpler. And if Your in a Hurry, You Can Smoke Them After The Dry, and Forget About Curing. I know many people that prefer this way of Smoking, as opposed to letting it cure. Nice Haul!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

I think he is saying look into, not in 2 boxes.

:Namaste:

then, why write it like that? (in 2)= 4 keystrokes, (into)=4 keystrokes...

sigh... I'm so confused as to why people have to make things hard to read... it's hard enough to turn things around with dyslexia without having to discern intended vs. literal meaning as well.

it's like there, they're, their... why can't people get THAT one right?

there = an indication of where something is.
their = possessive, meaning it belongs to someone
they're = contraction of "they are".

It's perplexed me for years now.

jandre2k3, I think You Need a Smoke Break!!!:;): It can be perplexing though, I'll agree. Just remember, not everybody has your GRASP of the English Language!:slide: And with Dyslexia Too:thumb:! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.P.S., did You get My Post On Drying? I think it is on the page before this One!?!

Well heres My 2 cents on Your Drying SB, either cut your branches so they act like Hooks, or if you have a Needle and Thread, kinda make a Bud Necklace by running Needle and String through Lower stem on Bud, tie it off, and repeat. Then Grab a Hanger from your Closet, and Hang the Buds on the Hanger and the Hanger anywhere that is Cool, Dry and Dark. No Shaking, Or letting it Breath, unless You Have Pounds and Pounds!:blushsmile: But fortunately/unfortunately, that is not the case Here, I think:hmmmm:. And leave them alone until the Stem is Dry Enough to Snap when You Bend it. Then Jar Them Up, and then You can start the CURING PROCESS. Let them Breathe every 24 Hours for about 5minutes, for a Couple Of Weeks, SMOKE.:thumb: It could not Be Simpler. And if Your in a Hurry, You Can Smoke Them After The Dry, and Forget About Curing. I know many people that prefer this way of Smoking, as opposed to letting it cure. Nice Haul!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Thanks for the tips JTG, I can't seem to get it to dry enough to snap, when I bend the stem it just kinda folds over. We have more sun/less rain today, so I think humidity will be low enough for them to dry out today.

I found a hangar that has like 36 clothespins in a square hanging from it, so I'm using that to have more space.

Thanks again everyone! Weights should be coming up soon!

Now a 36 clothespin Hanger is something I gotta SEE! I have seen them with maybe 12-16 clothespins on one, but never 36. Did You get it from a dry cleaner? Or is it a Tie Hanger? Irregardless, that's one helluva Hanger!:thedoubletake: BTW, I just Repped You for being consistent, on Your Journal. I would have done this before, but had no idea that was how You built up Reputation, I thought it was for liking something!:geek: GreenHouse250 had to square Me away on that one!:thumb: SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Back
Top Bottom