TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

re: TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

for sure mate, just need to wait for next month now, you would have my vote mate, looks amazing, about the smell, i was reading another journal a while back like that, when it was dry the grower said it still smelt funny but then when you opened or broke the bud up it smelled amazing, i think it must be the strain, i wouldnt worry mate, it looks amazing and im sure if it was mold then you would notice it for sure, so i doubt it is,

but looks amazing, i wish one day i could end up with something like that, but i got a lot of learning to do before i grow anything like that.

a quick question, my light is dual spec 400watt hps, so because its hps this means i can us a 400 watt mh bulb in it if i ever wanted to for when i come to vegging under it, i just told someone the same but wanted to make sure i got it the right way round, as i think the mh ballast cant use hps bulbs, but does the hps take mh bulbs of the same wattage, and would i be saving on my bulb life if i had the 2 bulbs and then not use the hps bulb during veg or would i not gain anything.

That nug is insane! NOTM!!! Enter to win!!!

Lol thanks, it would have to be dry first... Sadly I'm not sure if I'll put anything in to any contests until I have a fighting chance lol. I did last month just for fun but maybe the sensi star will make some contest worthy pics/meds... We'll see how the Giesel turns out dry next week, who knows!

for sure mate, just need to wait for next month now, you would have my vote mate, looks amazing, about the smell, i was reading another journal a while back like that, when it was dry the grower said it still smelt funny but then when you opened or broke the bud up it smelled amazing, i think it must be the strain, i wouldnt worry mate, it looks amazing and im sure if it was mold then you would notice it for sure, so i doubt it is,

but looks amazing, i wish one day i could end up with something like that, but i got a lot of learning to do before i grow anything like that.

a quick question, my light is dual spec 400watt hps, so because its hps this means i can us a 400 watt mh bulb in it if i ever wanted to for when i come to vegging under it, i just told someone the same but wanted to make sure i got it the right way round, as i think the mh ballast cant use hps bulbs, but does the hps take mh bulbs of the same wattage, and would i be saving on my bulb life if i had the 2 bulbs and then not use the hps bulb during veg or would i not gain anything.

Thanks donpaul.. You could definitely end up with something similar to what I got, I didn't do anything special lol! Is your ballast magnetic or digital? I know for sure you can use MH bulbs in digital HPS ballasts, I'm not sure about magnetic ballasts. And I really don't know much about dual spec either! sorry.

Here's the smaller Purple Kush plant, it's just starting to get real dark green/purple right now. Hopefully it finishes all purple. The flowers are kind of funny on these PK plants, really bushy long pistils sticking straight out everywhere. The smell is exactly like I would want a bag of weed though, so good! about 60-70% longer then the Giesel bud.

IMG_13118.jpg

so thats what im aiming for then , not sure ill get the height as mine in flower all ready, but you went from clones that was old enough to go into flower so wonder how the size will compare,

its good to see you walking the corridors again and checking in on peoples journals mate

so thats what im aiming for then , not sure ill get the height as mine in flower all ready, but you went from clones that was old enough to go into flower so wonder how the size will compare,

its good to see you walking the corridors again and checking in on peoples journals mate

Yeah I got pretty lucky with this one, it didn't stretch a whole lot and the nodes stayed tight from top to bottom and nothing branched away from the main stalk. Yup I went from a small clone that just barely rooted and it went straight into flower as well, so no veg time.

I'll also expect some of the PK in my package:grinjoint:

Lol you got it!

so as mine was from seed then it should have plenty more growing to do shouldnt, as you planted a mature clone that was ready to flower then you only got the stretch from the flower cycle where as i should get the bit of veg till the plant shows sex then i should get the stretch in flower stage which i think im starting to get now, ill take some pics tomorrow and you can tell me what to cut off or not, ill take plenty of pics all the way round the plant so you can have a look and see what i need to keep and what i dont need to keep,

hey tesmp, hows it going mate, i checked my 2ltr dwc hempie today when the lights came on, and over night it has drunk half the water in the res, and last time i checked the roots where just poking out the holes and one was in the drink, today they are all in the drink the holes are packed with root growth and all are now growing into the solution, its just crazy how much they have grown over night, im so glad i changed the bottle size so now ive got a bigger res, else they would be packed into the smaller res now, i recon i could easily fit 100 x 2lr hempie im my grow room, i just need a decent size mother plant to give me that many clones, so i waas thinking after this flower session is over and the plants i got in veg are done and in flower then ill think about doing a room full of 2ltr hempies, i think i could do 100 in their easy and if i rotated it so i done say 20 x 2ltr hempie per month then this would give me a regular harvest, i could also grow hempie from seed so could do new strains, but im undecided on whether to go with a room full of hempies or veg say 3 plants to give me big plants under hps then flip to flower,

amazing nugs! love your plants! lookin great!!!

I forgot.. i just woke up so bare with me haha

which one was the giesel planted in?

2L or 2L DWC?

Thank you, I was very happy with the way the Giesel turned out.. The purple kush plants are getting better every day as well, really starting to swell up now. And the Giesel was my first 2L and was Fox Farms Ocean Forest / Perlite with a 2:1 ratio.

hey tesmp, hows it going mate, i checked my 2ltr dwc hempie today when the lights came on, and over night it has drunk half the water in the res, and last time i checked the roots where just poking out the holes and one was in the drink, today they are all in the drink the holes are packed with root growth and all are now growing into the solution, its just crazy how much they have grown over night, im so glad i changed the bottle size so now ive got a bigger res, else they would be packed into the smaller res now, i recon i could easily fit 100 x 2lr hempie im my grow room, i just need a decent size mother plant to give me that many clones, so i waas thinking after this flower session is over and the plants i got in veg are done and in flower then ill think about doing a room full of 2ltr hempies, i think i could do 100 in their easy and if i rotated it so i done say 20 x 2ltr hempie per month then this would give me a regular harvest, i could also grow hempie from seed so could do new strains, but im undecided on whether to go with a room full of hempies or veg say 3 plants to give me big plants under hps then flip to flower,

Hey things are still going good around here, how about you? Yeah they definitely will start to drink a ton, you'll probably have to top it off once every day or over other day from now on. It's really up to you on what route you go but I would feel a lot more comfortable in your situation with only 3 plants then 100. It doesn't matter how large the plants are it's the number that matters. The most efficient might be a SOG of 2L's but if it's really just going to be for personal smoke then you don't need that much weed anyways!

I flushed the Giesel twice this last week and chopped it today. All the trichomes are cloudy, I wanted to keep just the sativa high so I didn't want any of them to go amber. Wet weight is 54 grams so dry it should be a little over 16 grams or .6 ounces, not bad for my first 2L (soil). The smell is great now that it's all trimmed up..

Giesel:

IMG_13178.jpg

About the same size as the container it was grown in:

IMG_13198.jpg

Root ball:

IMG_13288.jpg

And here's the sensi star seedling yesterday:

IMG_1314.PNG

and today:

IMG_1326.PNG

Yeah! nice pull from your first 2L. Is that your only Giesel? Or did you have another one in 2L DWCH?
Beaut.

Thank you :) And this is the one and only Giesel! All I have left now flowering is the two Purple Kush 2L's, one is hempy perlite/vermiculite and the other is 2L DWC-H with an air stone. Get ready for a great SCROG :)

great result mate, i took your advice and chopped the 2 lowest branches off on my 2ltr they was getting over 2 inches long so chopped and cloned, the branches further up the stem are budding at the stem so i have no problems with them and wont need to chop them unless they stretch like crazy, but im so chuffed i have got 2 cutting of this strain as i really love the way it looks and grows so im chuffed ive possibly gained to fem plants to veg out for my 3rd grow and ill veg these under the hps after i have flowered these off and the next batch off, then im trying hps from start to finish to compare with the cfls,

i have noticed im getting more stretch with the hps all bud sites are really starting to stretch towards the light, but this stretching is causing the buds to stretch and some of them are getting over 2 inches long on the northern lights cross big bud, so im loving the way they look, im so glad i have got indica and sativa side by side in flower, its amazing to see the difference between the 2 during all stages of growth.

so when i come to harvest if i harvest when the trichs are cloudy then ill get more of an energetic high, but if i wait till amber then ill get a more couch lock affect, because i want a day time smoke thats not going to make me sit down and sleep all day but then i want a night time smoke to knock me out, so the nl x bb is leaning towards sativa so this would be best to harvest when the trichs are all cloudy, and if i leave the special kush till their turning amber then ill get more of the night time smoke im looking for,
great info mate, gives me a good guide on the best time to harvest

On your marks.... get set... GO!

Lol, as soon as the seedlings ready for the 5 gallon DWC and Metal Halide I'm sure it will take off real quick!

great result mate, i took your advice and chopped the 2 lowest branches off on my 2ltr they was getting over 2 inches long so chopped and cloned, the branches further up the stem are budding at the stem so i have no problems with them and wont need to chop them unless they stretch like crazy, but im so chuffed i have got 2 cutting of this strain as i really love the way it looks and grows so im chuffed ive possibly gained to fem plants to veg out for my 3rd grow and ill veg these under the hps after i have flowered these off and the next batch off, then im trying hps from start to finish to compare with the cfls,

i have noticed im getting more stretch with the hps all bud sites are really starting to stretch towards the light, but this stretching is causing the buds to stretch and some of them are getting over 2 inches long on the northern lights cross big bud, so im loving the way they look, im so glad i have got indica and sativa side by side in flower, its amazing to see the difference between the 2 during all stages of growth.

so when i come to harvest if i harvest when the trichs are cloudy then ill get more of an energetic high, but if i wait till amber then ill get a more couch lock affect, because i want a day time smoke thats not going to make me sit down and sleep all day but then i want a night time smoke to knock me out, so the nl x bb is leaning towards sativa so this would be best to harvest when the trichs are all cloudy, and if i leave the special kush till their turning amber then ill get more of the night time smoke im looking for,
great info mate, gives me a good guide on the best time to harvest

K let me know when you get some pics of it all.. I would like to see the 2L's from a distance where I could see how you made your 2L's and looking at the plant at at the same time. That's cool that you got some clones and that you found a good way that works for you to get them rooted. I really don't know why your getting more stretch with the HPS maybe it's the strain or if it's the same plant then its just the stage they're in flower. And your correct about the state of the trichomes and chopping. Of course an indica is and indica and sativa is a sativa but cloudy trichs will give you more of a cerebral and uplifting high and amber will give you a stony couch lock high.

Here's the sensi star seedling at 6 days from sprouting... It's pretty small for 6 days isn't it? I put the giesel in the jar today, it dried quicker then I wanted again and started smelling like grass.. However, after 5 hours in the jar that grass smell seems to be gone and it's smelling pretty damn good :)

5-21-121.PNG

The first days are the slowest days, so don't ya worry anymore ;)

Yeahhhhhh but no :( Just before you wrote this it was leaning over really bad and I tried to prop it up and it ripped right out of the rapid rooter!!!!!!!! :( I have another germinating, I need a new plan of attack though.

Back
Top Bottom