Surfbuddy's GLR 2L DWC-H Coco Lowryder - Big Bud - BubbleGum - Northern Lights

That is the Greenest way to get rid of bugs. Make them suicidal!! Play some Lawrence Welk music for them and watch them die!!

LoL!! :rofl:

mate i got the same bugs flying around my plants, as soon as i shake the pot or water they panic thinking their drowning and fly off, bastards never seem to drown, i caught a few and squashed them, the rest the fly paper deals with, its a bit easier for me as i just let the soil dry out loads and they vanish,

You Guys are Gonna Hate Me for This, but I have enough Predatory Bugs in My Garden, to take care of any kind of Plant Eating Insects!! I recommend If You are Out Side, Let the Other Insects take care of One Another,:blushsmile: They are there to control each other, It's a Great Plan, If I found Bugs I would Be Squishing Then as well! If they are Plant Eating Bugs That is. I leave everything Predatory alone. CF, My Step Mom used to Watch Lawrence Welk, Every Day and Night for a while, It almost Drove Me Mad!!!:goof: I wouldn't Stress on the Insects so Much, they will Police each other.:thanks: SINCERELY JAMESTHEGREEN.

That is the Greenest way to get rid of bugs. Make them suicidal!! Play some Lawrence Welk music for them and watch them die!!

LoL!! :rofl:
LOL I actually meant it literally! I was flushing the 2L in the sink and they were living in the roots, so I got a bunch of them then, but later I found many of them drowned in the toilet.

mate i got the same bugs flying around my plants, as soon as i shake the pot or water they panic thinking their drowning and fly off, bastards never seem to drown, i caught a few and squashed them, the rest the fly paper deals with, its a bit easier for me as i just let the soil dry out loads and they vanish,
Mine dries out in a day... and it does seem like there's less of them then. I think I'm gonna set up some gorilla tape fly paper... thanks for the idea.

You Guys are Gonna Hate Me for This, but I have enough Predatory Bugs in My Garden, to take care of any kind of Plant Eating Insects!! I recommend If You are Out Side, Let the Other Insects take care of One Another,:blushsmile: They are there to control each other, It's a Great Plan, If I found Bugs I would Be Squishing Then as well! If they are Plant Eating Bugs That is. I leave everything Predatory alone. CF, My Step Mom used to Watch Lawrence Welk, Every Day and Night for a while, It almost Drove Me Mad!!!:goof: I wouldn't Stress on the Insects so Much, they will Police each other.:thanks: SINCERELY JAMESTHEGREEN.
Hah, whenever I see a ladybug it goes on one of the girls

Have You BEEN SHMOKIN:thumb: You do not have to Answer, It's all GOOD Either WAY!:high-five: I hope YOU are:cheesygrinsmiley: that would please Me a Lot.:thumb: SINCERELY JAMESTHEGREEN.
The medicine is for mom, and she has been enjoying the "fresh" as she calls it LOL. The plan is to make oil for her to rub on her shoulder, back, whatever. I may try something with DMSO, still reading.

Finally caught up after being so damn busy for 2 weeks SB. You done well! + reps

Looks nice ... the finest cannabis in all the world is grown by US! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thoughts on the 2L-DWC-H:

The pros: For me, it was much easier to maintain/upkeep than the DWC I started with. Of course, this was my first attempt at any grow, so going DWC may have been above my pay grade given the pH battles I fought. In the 2L's the res is empty daily so it gets the right pH water daily.

Easy to move the plants around if need be. The small container size (and empty when they're thirsty) was easy, and for some who are doing sogs, you don't even move them. Much easier than moving a 3 or 5 gal pot full o dirt.

No transplanting, no shock. They lived their whole life in one container, so never went through the kind of transplant shock that can happen.

Re-usable: I'm running the same 2L's still in my new grow, as soon as I pull one from flower, it gets washed and put back in to use, easy.

Cheap! can you say free for dumpster divers? Every recycling center has boatloads of these for an unlimited supply.

Enviro friendly! You're helping the planet by re-using someone elses "waste" that would have required energy to recycle back into a park bench or fuel or whatever.

Decent yeild I was quite happy to end up with 3 zips off my first try at this off of basically four main plants. I'm not counting the weights of the autos or bubblegums because they were basically nothing relatively, and not even in my final totals.

Cons:
They tip over. Once they get to a certain size in flower, they get top heavy since they drink the res, and can easily tip over. I ended up setting up a gorilla tape trellis to keep them in line.

Res maybe too small If you're doing a sog with a bunch of these packed together, you'll probably be fine, but I vegged them much longer and they ended up drinking the whole res quickly as opposed to having to water every other day as others reported. Even when I moved the hempy hole higher, they still drank it all. I have a new set of 2.5 L's that are square with more volume available for the res so we'll see how those go. I'm also looking at 1gal containers.

I don't really have that many complaints about these, but have little to compare them with. I'll re-review this once I have another grow or two under my belt with this and other methods.

All in all, it was a great way for me to get my feet wet in hydro or growing in general, and if you've got a little corner in your space (which no one has) that you need to fill, it does the job cheaply.

Other notes:
I definitely see a large difference with an airstone. I used the hydro store ones and cheap big box ones and ended up liking the smaller, cheaper ones since the res is so small, and since there are so many of them running.

Green 2L's seem to have less res issues I had read this somewhere, but it ended up being the case for me too. Not sure why, but the roots seemed to like it.

Ice baths only in veg I gave myself a bud rot issue by having these sit in icebaths during the whole flower cycle. Now that I stopped my RH is 43%-70% instead of up to 90%.

Thanks everyone! This would not have been possible without you!

:surf:

Great Job Jim. Glad You Found That Small Place, So Hard To Find, To FILL, EFFICIENTLY and WELL!!!:bravo: I Commend You Sir!!!:high-five: Now Your Feet Are All Wet!!!:winkyface: Be Seeing You Around, cause it Ain't Over, not by a Long Shot!!!:clap: I'll Be Smoking For The First Time In 8 Years, in 2 WEEKS!!! I hope You can be Around, if not, I'll Write You All About It(WHAT I CAN REMEMBER, THAT IS!!!) Take Care Jim. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

im going to try the air stone with mine this time, my res is pretty big and nearly a full bottle in size, so it holds a lot of liquid, now last time my res would be empty every 36 hours, thats how quick it drank it and that was 12-12 from seed, this time round ive got 2 going at the moment in seedling stage, but i just soaked all my regular seeds so if i get some fems ill do some more hempies dwc 2ltr with air stone. so thats my plan, all im changing this time is giving the seedlings 2 weeks of veg before going to flower, im hoping to get what i did last time and that was 20g dry, i could fit 100 of these in my grow space, so 100 x 20g is 2000g every 8 weeks, which is pretty amazing, i could even do my normal plants in bigger 3 and 5 gallon pots, then just do say 10 of these and still have 200g every 8 weeks just from the hempie, its a quick turn around and 20g per plant dont sound much, but when it only takes up a small space you can pack them in, im not sure about how clones do or if clones need some veg time, i have only tried it from seed, i have got clones so ma throw one in to test the results if they root ok

Great Job Jim. Glad You Found That Small Place, So Hard To Find, To FILL, EFFICIENTLY and WELL!!!:bravo: I Commend You Sir!!!:high-five: Now Your Feet Are All Wet!!!:winkyface: Be Seeing You Around, cause it Ain't Over, not by a Long Shot!!!:clap: I'll Be Smoking For The First Time In 8 Years, in 2 WEEKS!!! I hope You can be Around, if not, I'll Write You All About It(WHAT I CAN REMEMBER, THAT IS!!!) Take Care Jim. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:
LOL! My names not Jim, but I'll take the compliments just the same :) Two week countdown, how exiting! I just started through your journal, they look lovely so far, and so big already!

Nice grow and great 2 liter DWC thingy recap! :high-five:
Thanks X! It was great to have you along on the grow, I followed your tutorials and guidance on several occasions during the rough start of the original seeds that made this possible!

im going to try the air stone with mine this time, my res is pretty big and nearly a full bottle in size, so it holds a lot of liquid, now last time my res would be empty every 36 hours, thats how quick it drank it and that was 12-12 from seed, this time round ive got 2 going at the moment in seedling stage, but i just soaked all my regular seeds so if i get some fems ill do some more hempies dwc 2ltr with air stone. so thats my plan, all im changing this time is giving the seedlings 2 weeks of veg before going to flower, im hoping to get what i did last time and that was 20g dry, i could fit 100 of these in my grow space, so 100 x 20g is 2000g every 8 weeks, which is pretty amazing, i could even do my normal plants in bigger 3 and 5 gallon pots, then just do say 10 of these and still have 200g every 8 weeks just from the hempie, its a quick turn around and 20g per plant dont sound much, but when it only takes up a small space you can pack them in, im not sure about how clones do or if clones need some veg time, i have only tried it from seed, i have got clones so ma throw one in to test the results if they root ok
DP! Yeah, definitely go with an airstone if you have one, my plants immediately responded to it and perked up and grew significantly in 24hrs. 100 plants! that's a lot of nutes/water every day! Fifty gallons a day or 36 hours! BUt in the end you'll have some SOG for sure! I think 12/12 was doing clones as soon as they rooted (about two weeks from cutting them) but he was taking 6-8" clones to start with. EIther way, that's a ton of seeds or clones to all have going at once. Good Luck!

Thanks everyone and please join me on my new journal in the sig. Here is a photo of a branch and bag from the outdoor girl, probably about half of it:
ODbranchDSC00397.jpg

:surf:

Back
Top Bottom