Surfbuddy's GLR 2L DWC-H Coco Lowryder - Big Bud - BubbleGum - Northern Lights

I have darkened the top half of the veg closet to dry them, they've got constant circ from a fan.

This is the schedule I'll be using for curing courtesy of Msquared. The only difference is that I have these 62% humidipaks that I will throw in after they get close to 65% or so in the jar for 6-8 hours.:

open air from 48 to 60hrs - depends on temp/humidity
seal’em up for 12hrs
open air from 24 to 36hrs - depends on temp/humidity
seal’em up for 6hrs - with this one I then put a hydrometer in there with them so I can get a good reading - I take notes at the beginning and then again at the end.
open air from 12 to 24hrs depending on last reading from hydrometer
seal’em up from 3 to 6hrs to watch humidity if good then leave in jars and burp until humidity becomes stable and then jar them for the rest of their lives which never amounts to much time as they are soooo gooood! LOL

I then like to ultimately let them cure for at least a couple weeks checking on humidity and burping as necessary to keep a stable humidity so below is what I use as my humidity guidelines:

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.
65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.
60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing
55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet.

great result mate, i am also going down the re-veg root, i took some clones very late into flower and they have ended up monster cropped, and the growth now its back in veg is amazing, i got more branches than i have ever seen, and they are growing a lot quicker than the plants i took the clones from, is that what your aiming for with that, i think it would be a great way to make a mother plant, due to the fact i can take loads and loads of clones all ready and its not been vegged long so cant wait to see how it turns out,i wont be using it as a mother, i wasnt even planning on taking clones, but i decided to try this monster cropping and im amazed at the results, but the problem is, does this mean more bud and a bigger yield, or does it mean im going to have a lot of smaller buds and pretty much the same yield as last time, im hoping the first is true and ill have a bigger yield than last time round, all ready the 1 kush clone is bigger than its mother was even after 7weeks of veg, these have only been in veg a couple weeks and growing like crazy

Actually by reveg, I mean that The whole plant that was budding will go back into the veg (GLR) room, to Start throwing leaves and branches again. I also gave her roots a super trim too, man she was bushy down there. Since there's not as much leaf/bud growth to support, she won't need to drink as much. So, there is no clone taken, just the whole plant going back into veg with the nugs I left on there.

it looks like You are trying to speed dry them(I COULD BE WRONG), I would let them Dry Slowly, in a Cool, Dark Dry Place. . SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

They are in a cool, dark dry place... why does it look like they are speed drying? It was a flash photo, so that's why it's bright in there...

Your Method for Curing sounds a lot like Mine, I keep adding wet Herb to the room as well though, which will re-moisten everything a few times. Then I do what You are doing, almost to a Tee, until they are dry enough and cured completely, then it is time for it to be put away for storage, Nice and Sticky!!!:thumb: SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Your Method for Curing sounds a lot like Mine, I keep adding wet Herb to the room as well though, which will re-moisten everything a few times. Then I do what You are doing, almost to a Tee, until they are dry enough and cured completely, then it is time for it to be put away for storage, Nice and Sticky!!!:thumb: SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.
Thanks JTG, the Big Bud is coming down tonight... reports and photos coming soon.

looking good surf
:thumb:

:goodjob:

Thanks! Chron!

Chop/Dry/Cure/Try not to smoke for at least two weeks.

I can never seem to let this happen. I do have one jar of my migraine meds left from the last harvest, 1.5 months, jarred on 5/22/2012. It's really starting to smell nice, now, and getting very smooth.

I just wish I could make a whole harvest last hat long for a good cure, lol!

Dog fights are INTENSE!! Must have VERY fast reflexes, and an even better attack plan to cut their ribbon before yours gets cut. Believe me, keeping your eye on TWO planes at the same time, and trying to control the correct one takes a LOT of practice, or you kiss dirt.

No mater what though, you have to be ready to lose your plane on every flight, because mid-air collisions happen... often... When flying that close to each other, it's like controlled chaos. Whirring props, barrel rolls, loops, S-patterns, crazy 8's, Ivans, it goes on and on... Eventually, **CRACK**BOOM** both planes go down in flames. Well, not usually, but if they hit head on it's quite pretty until the fire extinguishers cover the area with foam.

There is special field about a mile from here for that very thing. I once owned a hobby shop and loved it. :high-five:

Zup Surfbuddy :high-five:

Nice chop, congrats ;)

Have you tried re-veg under the GLR before, or is it a first? I'm eager too see if its enough to turn it, with only one hour of extra light. My gut-feeling tells me otherwise, but it did as well on not painting the res, to block light. Could be wrong, kinda hope so :)

Doing a :goodjob: buddy, peace!

Chop/Dry/Cure/Try not to smoke for at least two weeks.

I can never seem to let this happen. I do have one jar of my migraine meds left from the last harvest, 1.5 months, jarred on 5/22/2012. It's really starting to smell nice, now, and getting very smooth.

I just wish I could make a whole harvest last hat long for a good cure, lol!
LOL, I have yet to sample the trich test buds... these are for mom's oil anyhow :)

BTW, do you know of a good way to remove the pasta smell from pasta jar lids? I can't seem to do it (boiling, scrubbing, bleaching) maybe I'll just use something else.

There is special field about a mile from here for that very thing. I once owned a hobby shop and loved it. :high-five:

Drove by there today... I actually saw the biggest RC biplane I've ever seen flying over there today :)

Zup Surfbuddy :high-five:

Nice chop, congrats ;)

Have you tried re-veg under the GLR before, or is it a first? I'm eager too see if its enough to turn it, with only one hour of extra light. My gut-feeling tells me otherwise, but it did as well on not painting the res, to block light. Could be wrong, kinda hope so :)

Doing a :goodjob: buddy, peace!

Yeah Juicy Thanks! I have not tried to reveg under GLR, this will be an experiment. If they keep budding, that's OK too, there are many underdeveloped nugs on there... I can always take them out of the veg closet in the daytime since the lights run at night if they don't reveg in a couple weeks.

Thanks again!

Update: Big Bud is down, 164.2g wet. Main kola had bud rot :( you can see in the group pic where I just hacked it off and tore out chunks to get it out. The tippy top had some suspicious purple-ish stuff too, it was too close to grey so it's drying in a paper bag somewhere else. (Not sure what correct protocol is on that, if anyone can help out?)

So here's what I'm talking about... is this mold/rot? Or just purple-ish-ness?
bbrot2DSC00353.jpg

Same bud, is this mold/rot?
bbrot1DSC00351.jpg

Here's the Big Bud in a pile still wet
Big-bud-pileDSC00349.jpg

Here's the plant after chopping
BB-post-chopDSC00350.jpg

NL top row, BB bottom row
NL-above-BB-DSC00355.jpg

If you are afraid to defoliate, please do not look at this next picture, your tummy might get upset! Super High Defoliation on the breakout-- she was a BUSH! This is an experiment to see how well this works to eliminate popcorn underneath. Of course, this is a reg seed, so this may be a boy anyway... no preflowers yet.
Breakout-Super-High-DefolDS.jpg

Hey there SB! That is one hell of a haul! Super Great Job!! Man!

I can't really see any bud rot on the bud photo. One of the hairs in the middle right has a little off color but it really doesn't look like mold to me. Maybe someone else feels different but that bud looks good to go!!
:party:

I remember that when I used to have bud rot issues. My plants were a lot larger. I wonder if there is a fine line between risking bud rot and the perfect condition for plant growth. 162 grams is almost 6 oz's!
:smokin:

im not sure if it is bud rot mate, cant really tell by the pic, but then i have never seen bud rot on a bud before so im not the best to ask.

as for the re-veg under glr it does work and plants can re-veg using glr, i have done it to mine and they ended up monster cropped so crazy growth everywhere, the plants are not flowering and are growing branches and new leaves so they are no longer in flower, they still have the pistils at the nodes as if it was just showing sex but mine have been like that for a couple of weeks now and they are growing like crazy under glr, no flowering what so ever, they gone back to veg for round 2 of my grow, im just putting some pics up of what i got going on in my journal so you can see the plants i have re-vegged

Hey there SB! That is one hell of a haul! Super Great Job!! Man!

I can't really see any bud rot on the bud photo. One of the hairs in the middle right has a little off color but it really doesn't look like mold to me. Maybe someone else feels different but that bud looks good to go!!
:party:

I remember that when I used to have bud rot issues. My plants were a lot larger. I wonder if there is a fine line between risking bud rot and the perfect condition for plant growth. 162 grams is almost 6 oz's!
:smokin:
Thanks CF, I was worried about the area on the left half of the photo with flash-- kinda grey ish. I have been struggling with humidity here, it's been raining more so it's been tough to keep it down. 162g is wet, so I imagine I'll end up with closser to 1.5oz off this one. Stoked!

im not sure if it is bud rot mate, cant really tell by the pic, but then i have never seen bud rot on a bud before so im not the best to ask.

as for the re-veg under glr it does work and plants can re-veg using glr, i have done it to mine and they ended up monster cropped so crazy growth everywhere, the plants are not flowering and are growing branches and new leaves so they are no longer in flower, they still have the pistils at the nodes as if it was just showing sex but mine have been like that for a couple of weeks now and they are growing like crazy under glr, no flowering what so ever, they gone back to veg for round 2 of my grow, im just putting some pics up of what i got going on in my journal so you can see the plants i have re-vegged

Thanks DP, I figured it would, my clones that I took I had under 24/0 before going to GLR, and those revegged (taken day 4 of flower when hairs were seen) and those were fine after the switch, just never went directly from 12/12 to GLR...

It just looked like You said, Bright! Glad to Here it was a Flash:goodjob:, that makes Me feel Better. I figured You Probably would not DRY it in a Flash anyways, just asking. Now it's the wait for the TASTE!:thumb: Take Care SurfBuddy! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

I decided to re-veg my cheese once I chop it. I was having real troubles cloning it before the 12/12 switch, so I decided I'll just re-veg then try cloning again!!!
Yeah James! Much easier than cloning and you start with a much bigger plant... plus you'll get to have a bunch more tries at cloning! I've heard cheese is a tough one to clone, so good on ya for keeping the strain going. I'm not sure how many times you can reveg one plant... anyone out there know?

It just looked like You said, Bright! Glad to Here it was a Flash:goodjob:, that makes Me feel Better. I figured You Probably would not DRY it in a Flash anyways, just asking. Now it's the wait for the TASTE!:thumb: Take Care SurfBuddy! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.
Hey JTG--You know, I have no idea what I'm doing, this is my first real go at growing on my own, so I appreciate any tips and questions!

Awesome Photos SurfBuddy! I keep going back and looking at THEM. Your Close Ups look KILLER!:bravo: I wish I could Sample.:cheesygrinsmiley: Cannot wait to SEE the next Pictures:thumb:. GOOD JOB!!! SINCERELY JAMESTHEGREEN.
Thanks JTG! I'm exited to sample too! My mom and I just vaped something from the jar, but not sure if it was the Lowryder or one of the trich samples from the BB or NL... Very heady, but she's going to sleep soon (but was tired anyway).

looking good dude:thumb:

AAAAWWWWLLLLLRRRRIIIIGGGGHHHHTT
:surf:

Smaller Big Bud came down, total wet weight 59.6g RH in the drying room is too high, between 65% and 75%... it's been raining off and on since I chopped, so these will definitely be slow dry. They don't feel crispy at all, 48 hours in, except for the teenie popcorn buds. They'll go into containers tomorrow.

This morning changed the light schedule in flower room to come on at 5pm and go off at 4am, up to 11 hours from 9. NL should come down tonight and be trimmed, but I'm tired.

Back
Top Bottom