First Time Hydro

Hopefully I can get it down to 50% for lights off if be happy with that till I can get a proper exhaust kit.. Once the lights come in I'll double check the temps and see what they are.. No wonder y the plant was using a weeks water n nutes in 4-5 days!

Will have to check the funds and see what I can do ASAP..

Ya bro your humidity should be the same outside as it is inside, your not that big of a tent so that's how you know when your close is when there almost the same then you know it's not your air flow but I think once you get that dialed in your good till the next bump and there's always a bump in the road for some kind of adjustment. But good you caught it cause mold and bud rot would have been enough to make ya cry. But your heater if it's electric and you can stand to bump the temp that will help dry the air out too but running a heater and a AC will jump the electric bill. And hopefully not pop your circuit breaker when both are running . But that might be your quickest fix for the moment.

Cheers man :)

I'm in a apartment/ converted garage where everything is included in the rent, electric, wifi, bins ect so I'm not too botherd about the bill as i don't get one but as long as I don't take the piss.. I would hate to blow a breaker cos that would be very dodgie to try explain to the landlord but if the heater is only on during night then I'll prob get away with it as it cuts in and out when it reaches set temp .
Yeah bud rot or mold would have been a killer as I only have this 1 plant for now.. I'll have to spread the sockets out so it won't be too much on one plug .. My actual watts are quiet low for this grow the PC fans and pump are next to nothing the only big things are the 250w and now the heater for night temps.

I see you made a new room, it looks cool!

I think the next bump will be the submersible pump it doesn't like advance nutes! Once part A goes in it starts to chug so that's defo on the list for next time! But first on the list I'm the temp situation before I get any bud growth.

Thanks Tropical Thai
I have been thinking about upping nutes but as I couldn't find much info for ppm for the ph perfect I thought I'd start slow at the moment it's 640 that's only half strength by the advance calculator it says 64 ml for weeks 1-6 but didn't wanna risk it at the start but will be adding 5-10 ml every feed and Hopefully by the last few weeks I should be up near the 1000ppm mark.

@ kola320 day temps are 30 @ 45% humidity so not bad.. Just have to sort nights out

I may have missed it but if your still soaking your roots in peroxide you can stop and go buy botanicare hydrosheild and some beneficial bacteria that will keep your roots clean and no more dipping. It also stops algae from growing in the water and lets the roots take higher temp water. I use aquashield which is the old version but it works just the same I add plant success Orca for beneficials (thought it was great white but I was wrong) which is liquid great white.

Thanks hydrofun and welcome to my grow :)

I don't dip anymore between res change but I do add a few ml of h202 every fresh change usually once a week,

I will look into benificles because as you say it will help with water temps and nute uptake, I have been lucky so far that I haven't ran into so many problems yet but for sure I will probably encounter some soon!

Thanks cannateer, I have placed two bowls of water and a wet towl around the rim of the bucket to increase humidity to near 70 % and temps are 77f... Checked on how the roots are growing and noticed the start of brown slime or root rot HELP!!!! How is this possible :bitingnails: res temp is @70f which is acceptable..

It is but it can still grow in those temps. I highly suggest you go to your hydro store and ask for some Dutch Masters Root Zone. This will start to combat the root rot right away. Soon, new roots will start to appear. Keep using the stuff. In fact. I'd use it in all your grows at all times from now on.

Thanks Alaskan1 I will see if my local shop has any, if not I will see about getting it online.

Would this dehumidifier be over kill for my tent? would it be best to use it in my room and vent the tent through the fans or just put it inside the tent?

My new addition to tent/room haven't decided on which yet.. I couldn't wait for the expensive one to be shipped from Germany so got this at half the price, just have to get it all dialed in
image13972.jpg
:cheer:

I may have missed it but if your still soaking your roots in peroxide you can stop and go buy botanicare hydrosheild and some beneficial bacteria that will keep your roots clean and no more dipping. It also stops algae from growing in the water and lets the roots take higher temp water. I use aquashield which is the old version but it works just the same I add plant success Orca for beneficials (thought it was great white but I was wrong) which is liquid great white.

I totally agree 100%! Stop the peroxide and grab some of this! It works wonders! Greenthumb J and I use it with pretty much every watering/res change and since we started using it we have never had a problem where before we did.

Its good stuff! Subbed! Looking good so far!

Lady Greenthum :Namaste:

Thanks Ladygreenthumb and welcome :)

I don't think my local shop stocks any botanicare products and orca is too expensive to ship from the states, the delivery is the same price as a bottle of orca! I still have to look into prices for the Dutch masters root zone in Ireland if it is available.. I'm kind of restricted to what nutes I can use from my local shop.

I just fitted the dehumidifier into the tent and it's a right squeeze.. I'm going to loose most of the lower branches as the light doesn't penetrate that deep but I won't veg for as long next time and maybe lst more.. I switched the dehumidifier on for 10 min just to see how good it works and temps shot up to 33 @ 44% humidity so at least I know when lights go off I can maintain the 40-50 percent humidity.. I will have to get another timer and maybe run for 15min on and 15min off for 12 hrs depending on temps but I'll figure that out tomorrow.
image13973.jpg

Looking good bro , you can work with that humidity. The best advice I can give you right now is this is your first grow right ? Ride it out just make it threw it maybe pick up some kool bloom as a bloom booster but don't go trying to up your ppm less is more most newbies would kill to have a big healthy plant like that. What your doing is working great get to know your plant before you change things up. Take a clone or two from her and tweak your next grow, your getting alot of advice about going to beneficial tea and all that. And thats great but if there isn't anything wrong why change anything ???? Peroxide is cheap and available pretty much anywhere plus you already have it , why change something in the middle of your grow when obviously it pulled you threw??? That's not good advice. Kinda like torching your plant till it starts to burn ??? How far into flower are you now ?

Thanks kola320,

Yes this is my first hydro attempt I have previously done a few soil grows but nothing major, I think this is the biggest plant I have ever had!
The peroxide has worked great for me and at the moment I can't really justify spend more money when as you say there isn't anything wrong with her at the moment.
I have a few rockwool cubes and could take a few lower branches that are not receiving much light and try my hand at taking a clone or two.
It has only been not even 1 week since I flipped into 12/12.
I will look into a booster for flower maybe big bud or something along the advance line :)

Yep use the booster thats made for the line your using, has sex been shown yet ? When I go into flower the first day I will shut my lights off for 24 hours some do 36 but I can't wait that long it's like giving your plant a kick start to let it know it's time to bud. You can see some explosive growth it's pretty crazy.

Yep Iam going to order 500ml bottle of bud candy this week and 500ml bottle of final phase for when I get to flushing at the end.
She has had 24 hr dark before I flipped to 12/12 and she is showing pistils so still early days but 8ish weeks to go :)
image13982.jpg

Your right on track bro, Yep 8 weeks give or take you should come out pretty decent Wait till your in your 3rd week and take a couple clones. Your rockwool cudes will be fine I use rapid rooters and a cheap rooting power usually takes a week to root, give some tlc till your girl is harvested and send the clone in on 12 / 12 another 8 weeks and so on. keep the cycle going and you don't have to buy seeds for a while which is always nice. but harvesting every 8 weeks is nicer than every 3 to 4 months. And you know you always have a girl, I think this method is called super cropping your clones grow kinda funny lots of branching and more bud sites. I could be wrong on the name there are a few posts on them they grow like shrubs LOL

I might give that a try thanks, I'm limited on how many I can grow in hydro as the buckets take up a lot of space in my tent and don't think 2 will fit with the dehumidifier in there unless I do 12/12 in soil then I can get maybe 3 or 4 plants at a stretch in the tent..
I have a few fem seeds left from my last order :- caboose, blue chemdawg, royal queen critical and a reg blue ox ( hope it's a fem!) so I might buy some soil and pop a few under my t5's in my wardrobe so when this one is done I could throw them into 12/12.. So many different ways to do them..

I have bio bizz nutes left over from my last soil attempt.

Back
Top Bottom