First Time Outdoor Growing

Hi Seraphoguz your plants are nice.I will definitely do what conradino say,plants need some food and transplanting in the ground is the only way i will do it outdoor.When heat and sun rise up those plant will dehydrate,it is not problem when they are still young and small.When they grow bigger they will drink water much faster+black pot on the sun.It's better to transplant them,the root will get bigger and the fruit also.Just check some conradino's journals and you will see how you should do it outdoor.
Ok, your plants look reasonably healthy... but they might use some nitrogen, cause they look pale, plus calcium and magnesium, cause I can see deficiency starting on upper leaves. Also, is it powdery mildew on these leaves? How is your RH? Then, I'd transplant them straight into the ground as well if I were you.

When growing shoot for that kind of color with your plants
insieme2.jpg

thanks for the attentions
the only reason not to get them into ground is security.the spot where they've been is close to some residentials.
but if you're saying there is no choice what can I say,will try to find a way : )
it is not powdery mildew on the leaves,probably the rain mixed with some kind of mud two days ago.
I didn't look at the PH but using collected rain water everytime,giving about 2 and a half liters for each pot and in every watering I'm using a grow nutrient which have 3-1-6 NPK values.
not using a first quality soil but I think not so bad also,mixed it with eggshells,banana peel and some rusty nails.and also added a bit of organic leonardit into the soil.don't I have any chance to keep them in those pots ? they are about 3,5/4 gallons (15 liters)
the temperature measured in the shadow will be around 80 to 93 F (25 to 35 C) along the summer,so if I keep watering them every two days will it work ??
sorry about the color quality of the photos,not enough light and a poor set up of mine.

Ok, if it's gorilla grow, then it's even better to put them straight in the soil. How would you feel if during a walk saw a bunch of pots in the middle of nowhere? :) And not so many people really know how weed looks like, so you always have a chance, even if someone finds your patch. Then, as guerillahaze said, very soon they'll need shitloads of water due to the heat. Growing in soil you're gonna have to water every 7-10 days if there's no rain, but in pots every 3-5. And sooner or later they'll get rootbound unless you change them for air-pots. Are you in Europe by the way? I figure that cause you're using metric system.

Yeah, then something is obviously lacking in your soil mix. Nitrogen first, cause you're getting yellow leaves. Your fertilizer in veg should contain a lot of it, and rather low amounts of phosphorus and potassium, which become more important during flowering. And why would you put rusty nails for??? Iron :hmmmm:

I get it..
yes rusty nail for iron but I guess you found it useless : )
living in europe for sure and as you can understand from the season temperatures,very similiar to your location.
nearby the mediterranean sea and yes lots of sun light and heat here.
a lot of digging on the way I guess and also lots of inspiration from your journal.
Thanks again by the way :passitleft:

No worries mate :thumb:
You want to add iron and all other micronutrients to your soil? Add compost and start fertilizing your plants with stinging nettle tea. This is really easy, so I'll leave you to it. And I figured you must live somewhere nearby :)

Living a little bit south mate,37*N.
Here are some photos of the soil at the spot I digged this morning.Red and brownish,a little loamy when watered too much and lots of stone.As you can see full of some types of maquis/scrub roots also.
DSC038535.JPG
DSC038527.JPG

I can grow tomatoe easily in that soil,hope the indica I planted to the pots will react the same.
Don't have a water source nearby so it is really hard to dig without watering the soil in this season.
Do I have to clean all the area as you did or just holes as wider/deeper as the pot size will be enough.I'm not a lazy person but it's not a suitable place for to spend lots of hours.I always do my visits early in the morning and spending only one hour there.My spot isn't in the forest so when the daily routine begins,there is always a little chance for someone to pass nearby.

If someone is walking that route you need to camouflage all activities.They need to look like they are natural born in soil.Put some leaves and grass around the steam.It will cover soil so nobody will se digging signs.Mix some soil that your plants is already growing in with soil that you digg in that hole.It will help plant to accommodate in new soil and surrounding,plant can be stressed and stuned when changing soil.I am happy beacause you have learned and listened what Conradino said.Happy growing :goodjob:

Ok, great. That will raise your stealth factor :)
And now for good news. This is indeed loam similar to that we have in northern Italy. The difference is yours is little bit more on clay side as I figure from the reddish hue. Mine is dark brownish usually, but its qualities are very similar. Then, Greece has similar climate :) And now for the bad news. Even in NorItal this loam is gonna dry out like crazy in the summer. Great for aeration, but not so cool for water retention. You need to break it with compost, dry leaves, maybe wood chips, add biochar maybe, and definitely inoculate. If it's really hard you might consider breaking it with beach sand - Italian trick for hatd soils. And now for the good news again, your soil has high mineral content, so you won't see any iron, manganese, zinc or calcium deficiency :) PH is probably in the upper regions, but you need to check it yourself. If you want to keep the roots from overheating, mulch! I got temps hot 31°C in the shadow this weekend, and I don't have to explain you what it means in the sun :)

Happy growing!

I put five of them into the ground till now : )
As mentioned before I can only spend one hour at the spot,two days later all will be in.Will update with photos again at that time and will do a camouflage at the end.The other two ones will be in another place 5 meters to that one.

DSC038775.jpg

I'm using some organic leonardit for the soil.And usual liquid nutrients for veg (3-1-6)
And lets come to the stinging nettle tea,I can only find dried ones in this season as you guess.Can this be useful as the fresh ones ???

DSC038765.jpg
DSC038544.jpg

Looks much better, man :thumb:
Dry stinging nettle is good as soon as you cook it under hot sun :) There are alternatives of course, but for all of them you have to pay dough, while stinging nettle blows all of them away and is for free. Think about adding some blood meal and worm castings as a topping too. Hope we're gonna see some indica beauties by the end of September :bong:

Looks much better, man :thumb:
Dry stinging nettle is good as soon as you cook it under hot sun :) There are alternatives of course, but for all of them you have to pay dough, while stinging nettle blows all of them away and is for free. Think about adding some blood meal and worm castings as a topping too. Hope we're gonna see some indica beauties by the end of September :bong:
Thanks Mr.Italy
I ordered that ones,hope to get them next week.But before reading your advice,how restless I am,mixed some good quality goat manure to the soil.And I deeply regret as soon as I did that,thinking about all the stuff inside it.Nitrogen deficiency probably won't kill the plants in a week but I couldn't resist my panic.Here is a closer photo,
DSC039125.jpg

I found big peaces of rocks leveled 40 cm.(about 15 inch) under the ground,everywhere I dig around that spot,so I decided to keep two of the plants in pots for an alternative try.But will transfer them to double big contaniers as well as soon as possible.Just prepared 1 liter rosemary extract but put tea tree oil different from you.Couldn't resist myself sharing some more photos although nothing new happened but I would say will give a break in sharing photos unless big problems or changes will happen :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC039263.jpg
DSC039253.jpg
DSC039244.jpg
DSC039232.jpg
DSC039214.jpg
DSC039203.jpg
DSC039184.jpg
DSC039173.jpg
DSC039164.jpg

Excuse my excitement but I'm just a beginner grower

And also I want to share some photos from my other first growings except tomatoe (this is my second growth for it) New to all of them,as you mentioned Conradino,learning from each other some general ways for growing in mother nature.
Moved to this country side last year,and as a city guy learning much from local people's experiences although it's hard to connect the informations.
So let's begin...

cucumber taste so sugary

DSC039275.jpg

DSC039324.jpg

zucchini exploding everyday

DSC039284.jpg

aubergine or lets say eggplant in the beginning of flowering

DSC039373.jpg

tomatoes for sure,try to different strains this year

DSC039394.jpg
DSC039344.jpg

green pepper,did not get much yield till now

DSC039363.jpg

cowpea seedlings

DSC039294.jpg

mint

DSC039313.jpg

celery planted for next season/winter

DSC039403.jpg

the ones I couldn't upload here;
okra seedlings at the very beginning,purslane seedlings in everywhere around the garden
also leek,again for the next winter season

This is light N-deficiency. Your manure will fix that in couple of days. They already look better :thumb:

Well,I couldn't give a long break :)
I mixed some bat guano and sprayed worm casting extract to the plants three days ago.
Hope they will recover in a few days,I want them much greener then ever.Collecting the egg shells for two weeks and next week will add them to the soil after I turned them to powder.Lots of bugs around the plants that I couldn't name.I'm very confused in using neem oil and I guess rosemary extract didn't help them so much.I'm searching another way for the bugs.
I found a nettle brew label from net and will order it next week.
And here are the photos,they are growing but not so quickly I guess.
DSC039913.jpg
DSC039904.jpg
DSC039892.jpg
DSC039883.jpg
DSC039872.jpg
DSC039863.jpg
DSC039854.jpg
DSC039843.jpg
DSC039833.jpg

This bug damage is nothing to be worried about, I got hit by a hailstorm three weeks ago and these are the effects :)

la44.jpg

This bug damage is nothing to be worried about, I got hit by a hailstorm three weeks ago and these are the effects :)

la44.jpg
Yeap !
I learned that from your journal too.Same was here in the north but stopped raining a week ago.But looks like they'll recover quickly...
I have to congratulate you for that small but excellent harvest.Good plan;while waiting to september getting a harvest in the middle makes you more focused on the subject.Sorry for that bad english :) but I guess you understand what I mean ...
On the other hand I found you lucky cause you're still getting rain for your plants.Here hot summer began three weeks ago and probably no rain till to september.As you know I've put five of them into the ground three weeks ago and only 2,5 liters of water for each plant every six days.And as I can observe that's not enough for them.If I could give much more amount in each watering they will be more healty and I can reduce my watering visits.
Whatever they are still growing and I don't have big hopes from them,I even don't know their genders yet.But learned much from your journal and next year I know that I have to begin very early.In october I will find a new location for to clean.Secure and that has a good soil and a water source nearby for sure :)
Thanks again for all your sharings.

So what do you think ?
These are indica plants;second week of July ended and I haven't noticed any sign of maleness.
Can I accept all the plants as females :)
DSC040615.jpg
DSC040574.jpg

On a first pic I think I see balls (male preflowers). The other one might be the same, but I'll hold on with it for a week or two, when you're gonna be able to tell for sure. Indicas will usually start flowering in the beginning of August, so you still have some time to watch your plants carefully.

Here's the breakdown:
MALE-FEMALE-plant-cannabis.jpg

As far as weather is concerned, we cannot control it unfortunately. In the north of Italy we've been off to very bad start this summer with constant rains, which brought a fungal disease to my tomatoes (so pissed about that!!!), and half of my vegetables will be probably ruined due to that. But that's what the game looks like outdoor, you'll just never know how much rain you're gonna get, how much sun, and how the summer and autumn gonna be.

Basically, my cannabis plants love this weather, cause they're still vegging, and high humidity promotes better transpiration. Constant rainstorms bring shitloads of nitrogen down and that also results in explosive stem and leaf growth, which makes for bigger buds later if it doesn't rain so much in August and September, which it usually doesn't here. Today there's first day of real sun after a while and I hope it's gonna stay that way till at least middle October, cause my plants will finish mostly in 4 weeks window, from second half of September till first half of October.

For the next season you need to start preparing your soil around November this year! Find a good sunny spot first with bushes all over, so that nobody's gonna enter there. Then, cut out all natural vegetation inside making space for your plants. Get a good shovel and till soil thoroughly to remove all the roots of wild plants that have been growing there. Sometimes it's a heavy job, so get a bottle of water, a towel and a pair of garden shears too if roots are too big to be removed with a shovel. Then, mineralize your soil with crushed sandstone, powdered egg shells, lava rock dust, Azomite or Gypsum. These will break down slowly over Winter and Spring. When you've done that come back with a rake and rake it all up nicely so the soil stays nice and tidy for the winter.

Around February/March next year come back again and use wood ash to raise PH of your soil and up the potassium content. To do it just sprinkle wood ash lightly around. After that you'll need to add some more stuff like worm castings, bat guano and whatever you like. I also add my own garden compost, biochar, bamboo leaves, stinging nettle leaves, horsetail stems, and then till it once again, but as early as possible to let this mix set. Then, I cover it with dry stems, straw and leaves to keep it humid and let bacteria do their job until I come back with first seedlings around April/May.

The effect of all this work are plants like this
037137.jpg

Hope that helps, man :Namaste:

Thanks for this complicated answer : )

I was thinking the indicas usually showing their pre flowers in the second week of July but realised that I was wrong.And for the next year I will do all the steps what you've written for sure,collecting the egg shells from now on.
Sorry for your vegetables my friend and here I had some problems on my pink tomatoes too,but just the pink ones,the local tomatoes are fine.A type of putrefaction started on their bottom even they were green,didn't search anything about this cause the local ones had given a huge yield and still going on,as you guess.
Visited the spot yesterday and decided to come with a magnifier next time.And also I noticed that one of the tops broken,looks like a bite,but didn't touch the other plants.Will come with the good news next time

On a first pic I think I see balls (male preflowers). The other one might be the same, but I'll hold on with it for a week or two, when you're gonna be able to tell for sure. Indicas will usually start flowering in the beginning of August, so you still have some time to watch your plants carefully.

Here's the breakdown:
MALE-FEMALE-plant-cannabis.jpg

As far as weather is concerned, we cannot control it unfortunately. In the north of Italy we've been off to very bad start this summer with constant rains, which brought a fungal disease to my tomatoes (so pissed about that!!!), and half of my vegetables will be probably ruined due to that. But that's what the game looks like outdoor, you'll just never know how much rain you're gonna get, how much sun, and how the summer and autumn gonna be.

Basically, my cannabis plants love this weather, cause they're still vegging, and high humidity promotes better transpiration. Constant rainstorms bring shitloads of nitrogen down and that also results in explosive stem and leaf growth, which makes for bigger buds later if it doesn't rain so much in August and September, which it usually doesn't here. Today there's first day of real sun after a while and I hope it's gonna stay that way till at least middle October, cause my plants will finish mostly in 4 weeks window, from second half of September till first half of October.

For the next season you need to start preparing your soil around November this year! Find a good sunny spot first with bushes all over, so that nobody's gonna enter there. Then, cut out all natural vegetation inside making space for your plants. Get a good shovel and till soil thoroughly to remove all the roots of wild plants that have been growing there. Sometimes it's a heavy job, so get a bottle of water, a towel and a pair of garden shears too if roots are too big to be removed with a shovel. Then, mineralize your soil with crushed sandstone, powdered egg shells, lava rock dust, Azomite or Gypsum. These will break down slowly over Winter and Spring. When you've done that come back with a rake and rake it all up nicely so the soil stays nice and tidy for the winter.

Around February/March next year come back again and use wood ash to raise PH of your soil and up the potassium content. To do it just sprinkle wood ash lightly around. After that you'll need to add some more stuff like worm castings, bat guano and whatever you like. I also add my own garden compost, biochar, bamboo leaves, stinging nettle leaves, horsetail stems, and then till it once again, but as early as possible to let this mix set. Then, I cover it with dry stems, straw and leaves to keep it humid and let bacteria do their job until I come back with first seedlings around April/May.

The effect of all this work are plants like this
037137.jpg

Hope that helps, man :Namaste:

:thumb:

Three of them begin flowering :cheesygrinsmiley:
I was't visiting the site for four days and this evening I noticed the difference.Will wait for the other four plants,guess most f them are female too...
Anybody know or can give a link about giving sugar to the plants while flowering ?
I reed somewhere that arouses THC but don't know any details about it.Must it be some special kind of sugar,can I use them while watering and how much do I have to use for each plant...

Back
Top Bottom