G-ballz' lazer irradiated CFL Macgyver Grow

Hey I think others might be willing to help
some, like me even, I copied that link up there for the cheap laser pointer, and could definately see trying this out as a test. Would that pointer be adequate for this? It's not alot of cash and would be fun to try, I have alot of seeds and can and will be producing more. I had planned on trying some pre scuffing of some seeds vs non scuffing already and I'd much rather try this. I plan on starting some seeds fairly soon.

You're welcome to try it - I can't add other grower's tests to the experiment though - there's no way to verify the same controls - water, temp, etc. At some point we do want other growers to try it though. If you want, upload a photo of the seeds you want to try it on and the specs of your laser and I'll try to estimate how long to irradiate them for.

Day 32

Ph - 6.8, adjusted to 5.0 using additional water pre-treated to a stable 2.8 level
TDS - 500 (water level is 300 native). After adding nutrients level is 700
(I'm using Pure Botanical Metabolic Grow)

group58.jpg

Day 32 Group

day-32.jpg

male_5.jpg

Could this be a male plant???

runt10.jpg

Runt of the laser treated plants

runt22.jpg

Last surviving of the non-treated and it's not looking too good

PH8.jpg

Day 37

The suspected male was indeed, male. I caught it right as it began to pollinate - my ventilation fan blew most of it onto the mylar behind the plant and I washed down my fems immediately. Hopefully I was able to minimize seeding.

I moved the male to an isolated room to harvest some pollen for storage before killing it. As you can see after another day or two it shed huge amounts. (I collected two dime size bags full of fine, yellow pollen).

The fems are continuing to grow quickly and have lots of new pistil formations all over them. The two less mature plants did not have pistils when the pollination event occurred. I probably spent an hour cleaning the grow tent and equipment w/ alcohol to kill any stray pollen.

pollen21.jpg

pollen4.jpg

Pollen harvesting...

pistils22.jpg

frank2_-_day_37.jpg

Pistil sites on frank 2

gothic.jpg

My Goth girl

frank3_-_day_37.jpg

Frank 3

day_-_37.jpg

Frank 1

I'm germinating some more seeds to start a second crop and may take clones from Frank 1 and 2 to get the second crop going faster.

Day 44
My plants are growing nicely, the non irradiated ones have finally started to catch up but the difference in growth is still noticeable. (Compare FR-1 or FR-2 to FR-3, number 3 is the non irradiated of the set).

Reservoir flushing seems to kick off growth spurts, PH and TDS remain normal.
(Ph 5.3 | TDS 660 after feeding)

I'm debating initiating the flowering phase around Day 60. They should all be close to two feet tall by then. I could veg them longer but I'd like to have my harvest dried and cured before the last week of November if at all possible.

Day-44.jpg

FR-1.jpg

FR-1

FR-2.jpg

FR-2

FR-3.jpg

FR-3

goth-44.jpg

Goth

goth1.jpg

Goth again

resevoir.jpg

Much cleaner now....

veg-44.jpg

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom