1st Bloombox Grow - Big Bud - Cheese

Re: 1st Bloombox Grow: Big Bud/Cheese

UPDATE

I have moved both mothers to 70/20/10 soil/perlite/coco and my plants seem to love it! I watered mother cheese with 300ppm 4ml of A n B sensi grow with 4ml B52 per gallon. Power plant mother is taking off 1ml at 100ppm, showed a tinny bit of nut burn so next feed going to stay same or lower just a tad.

I also placed cardboard boxes to prop up plants to keep from stretching to the light...

When do you think it would be save to take clones off cheese? It's about 7 inches and around 6 weeks old...

Very nice Arnold! They look real pretty. It looks like you've dialed into your plants needs very well. :goodjob:

The boxes are a great idea. I've done similar with good success.

With the clones, I held off for the plants to show their sex before taking any. Didn't want to propagate any males. You will need to veg long enough so that you have growing tips to select from while still leaving the plant healthy. Trimming and shaping your moms to control size and shape is necessary. Keeping them trimmed down low and shaped up top will make things easier. Frequent, proper trimming will gain you more growth tips and your plant will easily show it's appreciation. Still a little more time though. As I'm also on my first grow, feeling your waiting pain is not a distant memory. :high-five:

Nice progress!

Very nice Arnold! They look real pretty. It looks like you've dialed into your plants needs very well. :goodjob:

The boxes are a great idea. I've done similar with good success.

With the clones, I held off for the plants to show their sex before taking any. Didn't want to propagate any males. You will need to veg long enough so that you have growing tips to select from while still leaving the plant healthy. Trimming and shaping your moms to control size and shape is necessary. Keeping them trimmed down low and shaped up top will make things easier. Frequent, proper trimming will gain you more growth tips and your plant will easily show it's appreciation. Still a little more time though. As I'm also on my first grow, feeling your waiting pain is not a distant memory. :high-five:

Nice progress!

Sounds like great advice, and I agree - your plants look beautiful! Nice and green and healthy looking. :bravo:

Power plant
IMG_20110417_211341.jpg

Mother cheese
IMG_20110417_211335.jpg

Plants seem to like new soil and watering every 3 or 4 days.... I will be letting them both grow for a little while then plan on taking clones from both and using the hydro tub :)

Update: I topped both of the mothers and started to train the mother cheese to get some new growth for some clones! I also had some really good bud n found a seed so got a new sprout :) let's hope it's female

IMG_20110425_214955.jpg

IMG_20110425_214926.jpg
IMG_20110425_165037.jpg

IMG_20110425_215004.jpg

Everything was going great up until this morning. I woke up and my power plant looked sick :(.
IMG_20110505_082851.jpg

IMG_20110505_082857.jpg

Have been watering ph 5.8-6.8. Around 200-250 ppm 3ml nuts.

Mother cheese doing well, ready for clones?
IMG_20110505_082845.jpg

Sprout
IMG_20110505_082839.jpg

Arnold, have you tested your runoff PH? Check the PH of the nutes/water before and after you water the plants. Then, you can see if your soil is doing something to alter the PH. 5.8 may be a little low for soil.

The BC rep told me that it was nut lockout, I needed to up the PH a bit so I went to 4ml per gallon just like mother cheese! I am mostly sticking around 6-6.5 for ph

UPDATE

HEy everyone sorry for the lack of post but it has been pretty much the same watering and what not....just waiting for the right time to take clones. I think the mother cheese is ready? Also my power went out and the mothers went almost a 12/12 light cycle :(!!!! I notice the white hairs growing a little more but I think they are still ok. I took close up picture so hopefully I can get you experts out there to comment and help me out...

Close up
IMG_20110515_211710.jpg

IMG_20110515_211534.jpg

IMG_20110515_211544.jpg

Sprout one of diesel
IMG_20110515_211556.jpg

Bag seed of chronic
IMG_20110515_211602.jpg

Looking good, Arnold! :goodjob:

Don't worry about one day of 12/12, just keep 'em back on a normal schedule and they'll be fine. It was most likely not enough to kick them into bloom.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom