1st Grow / Journal - Bloombox - Hydro

PIX finally POSTEDD below!

and it has started. im germinated the seeds using the paper towel method.

2 paper towels folded in 4, with the seeds sandwiched between.

add ph 5.8 water and wrapped in tin foil (then put on a paper plate) wrapped the thing with tin foil, and put ontop of a DVR cable box (big lots o heat)

then threw a white t shirt over it to keep the warmth in.

in 24 hours, the 2 Kali mist seeds poped with solid tap roots coming out some of the 4 WW and 4 BlueB seeds had cracked but NO tap roots.

i then soaked 2 x 1" rockwools in ph 5.8 water for 30 min, squeezed then and placed the 2 seeds tap root down, in the middle, close to the top. (i put these into the clone dome and placed that atop my computer with a big coat over it, you can see the temp is at 85 and there is alot of condensation on the dome)

after 36 hours, one of the blue berrys had showed a small tap root so i put that in a rock wool and put in the dome.

thats whereeee im at NOWww! see pix below!
DSC04496.JPG

DSC04497.JPG

DSC04498.JPG

DSC04499.JPG

DSC04500.JPG

DSC04501.JPG

DSC04503.JPG

DSC04504.JPG

DSC04505.JPG

DSC04506.JPG

DSC04507.JPG

DSC04511.JPG

DSC04512.JPG

DSC04510.JPG

DSC04502.JPG

thank goodness my pos dealer came through with some really crappy nug for me. at least i can get somewhat high.. there was 1 seed i found and its such a funny feeling to now keep that seed and know i may be able to grow some good bad weed. hehe

cant wait till i dont have to deals with this dealer crap anymore!

2 more pix, this is now 24 hours from when the taproot came out and I placed the seeds in the 1" rock wool.

do you guys think i should water these with a wild nut. solution or when should i consider moving them to the veg light (book says a few days)? they are still in the dark, in the clone dome at 83 degrees.

btw, there are only 4 seeds in here as other 5 have not shown a tap root and are still in the paper towel method.

DSC04513.JPG

DSC04514.JPG

update:
well ive not gotten all 10 seeds to show me a tap root! (recap: i did 4 x WhiteW 4x Blueberry(fem) 2x Kali Mist (fem) )

i had 5 that had not opened using the paper towel metod (weird as i did get 5 TO open on the same plate )

so i threw 3 in one glass, 2 in another (the blueberrys) and filled the cup wiht ph 5.7 water...put it atop my cable box...tin foil all around the cup. 8 hours later 3 of 5 showed tap root, 16 hours later (from start) the other 2 showin ROOT.

so those 5 are now sitting in a box, in 1" rockwool, in darkness with heat, waiting to go into the clone dome with the other 5

both the kali mist's showed taproot in 24 hours, in the paper towel method.

i was going to post picutres, but when i went to photo the clone dome, i saw the light is off so im on the 6 hours no light. i'll post picts in about 6 hours.

btw; if anyone has comments during this grow, i want ppl to know that im NOT LOOKING FOR QUANITY, just quality. thus if something may increase my yeild at the cost of THC/HIghness level..im for the quality

Im not a dealer, this is all personal (yes i smoke ALLOT all out of ROOR bongs, which eat weed) as in if i can get 6 oz every 2.5 months out of this bloomBox, that *MIGHT* be enough to keep me fully stocked for the 2.5 months

not dealing with stupid expensive dealers is my entire reason for putting $4500 into this box..

Help? looking rough?

is it just me or does these seedlings look rough? (see below).

they have been in the clone dome for 3 days, under the florscent light. I have been watering them about 1-2 times a day with ph 5.8 water and sensibloom A + B (mixed in the water to a small degree, 1/2 of normal week 1).

i just think they look rough and not as health as the other bloombox journal im seeing.

what do you guys think? any suggestions?

thanks!
DSC04524.JPG

DSC04525.JPG

DSC04526.JPG

from how that long sprout looks i would guess you do not have them close enough to the light. i stacked some books to get them closer to that light.(abouta foot or less away from the light) u should try to stick the stem in the cube a little further. otherwise seems to be fine.

hi, thanks. I agree.
i have the dome about 6" from the light now and the newer seedlings are much shorter (i moved the box closer 2 days ago)

(that long kali mist one was the first one i put in there when the box was much lower) so that did help and is why the others are much shorter..

maybe i should just relax. kinda hard when ur out of fuego. again..cant wait till i dont have to deal with dealers anymore :(

tks guys!

i have 1 of 6 on which i would say the levees are robust and good looking. the other ones as you can see in the pict below seem to be curling in and looking not as healthy.

ive been watering them 1 or 2 times a day with a few drops from the syringe of ph 5.6 water and mile week 1 nuts ()

any ideas? does this look like too much nuts or too much water?

or do i just need to wait and calm down....:)

tks.

DSC04536.JPG

DSC04535.JPG

DSC04534.JPG

ok so i have had alot of algae growth aroudn the base..is that from too much watering or too much nuts? (ive been feeding each about 20cc of 1/2 of my week 1 mixture wiht ph balenced water).

so i put alot of garbage bag pieces to block the algae..that should do it right?

any suggestions for what to do about the small one? less nuts to it? more?

tks! pict updates below..

DSC04537.JPG

---------------------------------------------
DSC04538.JPG

---------------------------------------------
DSC04539.JPG

Help - Mother issue

WOw sorry for the lack of updates..the plants have exploded over the past week. (today is the 7th day of week 1 on full nutrients on the veg side).

Do you guys think they are read to go to th eflowering side? I persoanlly woudl like to move them tomorrow unless you guys think its too early.

more importantly, i never planted a mother plant, and i really want one from the blue berry.

what can i do at this point? should i cut a clone? how can i get a mother (from what i understand i need to do this before i move them to the flowering side)

is it too early/late to possibly cut a mother? or did i just screw up and should have planted my mother when it had just finished germinating.

thanks alot!! i will be updating alot more now that im back in town.

DSC04549.JPG

DSC04548.JPG

DSC04547.JPG

DSC04546.JPG

DSC04545.JPG

DSC04544.JPG

DSC04550.JPG

DSC04551.JPG

you should cut a clone after you have sexed them and put it under 24/7 lighting then after it roots you can put it to 18/6 or keep it on 24/7 and make it into a mother

tks.. the bb seeds were feminized so i dont need to sex them.

ive read tons on how to extract a clone so i should be able to do the procedure, so i guess my question is, is it ok to extract a clone from plants that size (picts above)

i was worried it was too early as they plant is too young/small

tks

take a look at mine they are just about ready to clone and they are much smaller

Should i CUT or Bend??

i have 4 on the flowering side and 2 are getting quite large.

Im about to begin the 2nd week of flowering. what can i do to make this plant expand and not vertically as it will be touching the top in a few weeks.

tks
DSC04577.JPG

DSC04578.JPG

DSC04579.JPG

according to:
Topping

its too late to top my plants (im beginning week 2 of flowering tomorrow)?

is this true or can you top during flowering?

Also, is cutting some of the large fan leafs a good idea? ive cut some that have no additional growth on the fan leaf (they are just a stem with a large fan leaf). i did this so the lower growth on the plant could get more light..is this a bad practice?

tks!!

I trimmed almost al my fan leaves so the branches grow faster so they can be cloned it's all up to you enless it has buds topping should be fine just like FIM

Back
Top Bottom