1st Grow / Journal - Bloombox - Hydro

dough

Hi all, First post, first grow.

been reading alot!

1st off, i know i could have learned how to build this or a better setup for much cheaper by doing it myself but i had no time/tools and money is not a big issue.

for now im waiting for my bloom box to come in, (should come 2/17). and Ive already ordred seeds, from Marijuana Seeds - Worldwide Marijuana Seeds, they charged my card the day after i placed the order, and i got a shipping notification yesterday (2/13).

My bloombox comes with 2 or 3 cycles of their nutrients and i got upgraded to the connisuour line of nutrients.

I plan on doing ALOT of of picture updates/posts. I also plan on mounting an IP camera in the corner of the bloombox (*IF i can cleanly engineer it once i get the BB in.*)
--

for now the only real question i have is regarding growing two strands at the same time, in the same area/bloombox. i have ordered these seeds:

3x Honey B - Feminized
4x Blueberry - Feminized
4x White Widow - Regular
4x Kali Mist - Regular

From what i have read you can not grow different strands because they flower at different times and this becomes an issue when you do the hydro flush out during the last week of flowering (right?)-

tks

thanks alot for the help.

you can still grow the plants but the longer flowering plants wont yield as much. you can always grow them in seperate resivoirs.

Well...a rep a BCnorthern apparent lied to me when I asked her if my box had shipped out.

she had said yes it had shipped out, after the ship date.

Then when I emalied her yesterday to see when it will arrive she said that she was very sorry but it had not shipped, and it could not ship until March 4th!!

AND they could no longer give me the discount they had promised me on my order when i re-ordered. WHY IS THAT???

this is after i have given them my credit card info, address and social Security NUMBER!

I doubt i will be getting a bloombox now because i dont trust these guys to ship me a $4000 box based upon their lack of professionalism thus far. Frankly they have never once seem professional in much of anything. I never got an order confirmation, or order number. and i had to email sales directly when my rep had not replied to my emails when i was ready to place the order.

anyone had any such experiences with BCnorthern???

I guess i'll have a look at
Hydroponics | Hydroponic Grow Box Systems

the sad thing is ive been ready to spend the money for a month now.

Why did you need to give them you SS#? We've only dealt with BC for help, and never bought the systems from them. We bought ours used, which you could probably do to.

Thanks for the used idea! great one
How did you find yours used?

im more pissed that THEY screwed up, and are now taking back the discount they had given me. I would have thought they would have given me a greater discount.

We got ours on a local online auction. They have all kinds of grow stuff all the time. We usually would buy the stuff and then sell it for what it's really worth. Last time we just kept a couple of the BC boxes (Producer, Bloombox) and put them to good use. ;-)

Have you canceled your order already?

For what it's worth - I have had no problems dealing with BC Northernlights. They shipped mine quickly and everything arrived as expected - they even gave me a tracking number so I knew when to expect it. Sorry to hear that you had those issues, though.

The only issue I've had is that they are not the best at returning calls, but, if you call them they usually answer and they have live chat on their website which has worked well for me too. All in all I've had good luck. Just my experience.

Ok the order is BACK ON and paid for! the Bloombox will be getting here 1st / 2nd week of march.

I got the seeds in from worldwide. They look great!

Alot of people are saying that is should get my mother going first, then take clippings and grow from that for my first grow as the trees will be much shorter for the bloombox. (and i will save 9 or so seeds for future stuff)

How long do you guys think it would take to get a mother capable of 9 clone cuttings?

tks

:roorrip:

I saw one here in SF for 3 grand. I got a good room though so i dont need it but was thinking about building one. Even 3 Gs is way too much for me though Im a broke ass film student.

I am envious. I wish I had the funds to order a bloombox today. Gonna have to keep on saving.. I look forward to watching your bloombox grou Dough

yea guys, i plan on doing TONS of updates and TONS of picts..

so any comments on:

If Ishould get my mother going first, then take clippings and grow from that for my first grow as the trees will be much shorter for the bloombox. (and i will save 9 or so seeds for future stuff)

How long do you guys think it would take to get a mother capable of 9 clone cuttings?

So the box has fully shipped and i have a tracking no. but i dont know who they shipped it with or where to track so we will see when it gets here (BCNL is not very professional btw, i have to email them for everything!).

here is what i plan on doing:

im going to grow BOTH the Dutch Passion blueberry and the De Sjamaan White widow.

try to get a mother from BOTH. (i have feminized seeds on the BB, not WW)

i will only have 6 plans, not 9 but i have no choice as i only have 8 seeds at the same flowering period.

Picts will flow like water when i get the box in.

after being on the phone with Yellow for 1-2 hours, then finding out BCNL gave me the wrong tracking number...i have the right tracking. no from them and the box should be here 3/16/09 (tomorrow!).

wow...nearly 2 months (and about 10 calls and 20 emails) to get this in. pretty sad bcnl.....

well BETTER DAYS are ahead!!!! cant wait.

Patience can be at best tolerated with a big bowl at times. We want to hear the box was delivered Monday. Positive reinforcement for your delivery is being sent your way.

its....HERE

getting my camera back tommorw will post pix. but if you want to see a better idea of EXACTLY what i got in today, and will be setting up tonight (assembling), see here:

BCNL Tech Manual click here

Shipping guy was great, great packing and no damage at all. everything looks 1st class so far in terms of quality of shipping and parts / assessories.

still waiting on that camera..a few more hours. in the mean time i a new tread about

Constant PH meters (ones that sit in the resovoiur and constatnly give you a PH reading)

oh and i also started my 10 seeds with the Paper Towel method (i placed the 10 seeds apart sandwidched between to quite damp paper towles) and then i placed that on a plate and wrapped it with tin foil. that has been sitting atop my cable box for the past 12 hours. Im going to check it at 20 hours for tap roots.

to recap im trying to do 4 x of De sjamaan WHITE WIDOW and 4x of Dutch Passion BLUEBERRY (these are feminized) and i threw in 2 x of Kali Mist (feminized, but way different flowering period, i may just make a mother from them for future and not flower it)

pix very soon! (just of empty box though)

Back
Top Bottom