1st Grow / Journal - Bloombox - Hydro

2 weeks into flowering is not a good idea to TOP. 1st reason is its stressful and during flowering is not when you want to stress the plants out.

2nd the plant will not grow multiple colas, which is usually the goal when topping, since you do not have enough time to grow being that you are 2 weeks into flowering. I would not top within 2 weeks of going 12/12. The 2 weeks gives the plant enough time to recover and grow out into multi colas.

according to:
Topping

its too late to top my plants (im beginning week 2 of flowering tomorrow)?

is this true or can you top during flowering?

Also, is cutting some of the large fan leafs a good idea? ive cut some that have no additional growth on the fan leaf (they are just a stem with a large fan leaf). i did this so the lower growth on the plant could get more light..is this a bad practice?

tks!!

tks for the help from both guys. i really appreciate it.

the 4 plants are doing GREAT..i'll post picts later today when i get the cam charged.

is there any reason NOT to cut the fan leaves? im cutting like 2 a day to allow the flowers to get direct light.

is this bad 13 days into flowering with flowers showing?

btw i added a 20lb Co2 tank yesterday as well..so things should be rolling...i also check the ph 3 times a day with a very good meter..keep it a 5.60-5.65

!!

Yes, stop cutting the fan leaves. They are the powerhouse for the plant. The fan leaves will die naturally at the end of the flowering cycle. They are the leaves that absorb light and create the energy for the plant to flourish. ;-)

wow thanks. im so glad to hear that. i wasnt sure.

what about when they block light to other flowering spots? ive tied 2 so they get better light, is that the route to go, tieing?

i need to post pix

Tieing sounds like a good idea. As long as the fan leaves are receiving adequate light. I honestly never worried about the fan leaves being in the way until I was about 5-6 weeks into flowering. Oooo! Pics! Yay!

Pix update day 14 flowering veg side day 25 (or something)

Pix update day 14 flowering veg side day 25 (or something):

DSC04580.JPG

<p>
DSC04581.JPG

<p>
DSC04582.JPG

<p>
DSC04583.JPG

<p>
DSC04584.JPG

<p>
DSC04585.JPG

<p>
DSC04586.JPG

<p>
DSC04589.JPG

<p>
DSC04590.JPG

<p>
DSC04591.JPG

<p>
DSC04593.JPG

<p>
DSC04594.JPG

<p>
DSC04595.JPG

<p>

Looking great. They look very healthy. I would get used to using that twine... You're probably going to have to tie some of those girls down to keep them from hitting the glass. I had to do the same thing. What are you going to do with the ones that are in the veg side? They are going to be monsters going into the flowering chamber. + REP!

HeLP clones! - and pix updates

crap..today i cut some clones from those large 3 plants on the veg side.

did it all very well, clean new tools. cliped the leaves. but now, 5 hours later they look terrible/dieing.

ive been misting them with ph 5.6 water. the 1" rock wools were soaked 1 hr in a mild grow mixture and ph 5.6 water.

i put some "jucy roots" (squeeze bottle, came with bloom box) in the 1" rock wool hole, and on the tips of the clones. then placed the cuttings ( with 45 degree cut, done underwater) into rock-wool.

left is Blue berry, middle is cali mist and right column is white widow

not enough clipping on the wings?

any ideas? can i save these clones?

-
DSC04596.JPG

-
DSC04597.JPG

-
DSC04598.JPG

-
DSC04599.JPG

Have you been using a humidity dome ?Also one thing i found that helps out allot is getting a heating mat and placing it under the humidity dome..But yea they look like they are gone to the dark side...Start over fresh if u can...Best of luck

well its in my clone dome, and i mist it about 2-3 times a day.

how moist should i keep them? what about the rock wool?

water with nuts or just ph 5.6? (ive been using just ph5.6, no nuts)

tks

Pict UPDATE- ?? Flowering male??

Is this a flowering male with seeds? from what i understand i need to pull this out and trash it.

can i get seeds from it some how??

i really could use the extra room..as u can see :)

tks.

IMAG00701.jpg

-
IMAG00671.jpg

-
IMAG0069.jpg

-
IMAG00681.jpg

Hey, dough.
Coming along nicely!
The top two pics are male; the bottom two are female.
You might be over watering your clones. After reading some threads; I think that's why my clones failed.
I think you should keep them just moist. Pretty much just keep them from drying out. I would leave the lid off for a while, and let the excess water evaporate. Then only mist when they start to dry out a little.
Good luck!

pix update - no top = dead clones

i took the top off the clone dome and left it half way for about 4 hours..and it looks like it dried them ALL out and they all look dead.

so maybe i'll do new cuttings, but the dome is a must it looks like. i may have been initally watering them too much also though.

wtf..these things are out of controll on the flower side...these are all BB at this point.

2 are going crazy..1 has yet to even flower! but looks healthy...should i pull it?

tks
IMAG00831.jpg

-
IMAG00711.jpg

-
IMAG0084.jpg

-
IMAG0082.jpg

so i just did some new cuttings..do u guys think my clones are not working because im taking the cutting from plants that have only been vegging for 4-5 weeks?

i know they are feminized seeds however.

im just stumped as to why 3 differnet cuttings/sets of clones have shriveled up now. (thats like 13 total cuttings)

tks

the Clones just seem to keep dieing..im def. doing something wrong as these are from 3 different strands, and feminized plants.

here is exactly what i do:

I clean tiny sewing sisors with rubbing alcohol and then put it to a flame for a sec or 2. then wipe them down.

I then cut a branch ( that has more than 1 leaf growing out of it). I cut it about half way down the stem.

I then hold the cutting, and trip the few fan leaves pretty agrressivly.

I then make a 2nd cut immediatly at 45 degree angle. apply some rooting gel (called: juicy roots, from advanced nutrients) and place it in the rock wool that has been soaking.

i put it in the clone dome and close the top as you can see below in Pix.

I will lightly mist it about 2 times a day with a squirt bottle and ph 5.6 water

pix below are of the clones and the 3 plants veging, from which i take the clones

any ideas/help?

-
IMAG00861.jpg

-
IMAG00851.jpg

-
IMAG0087.jpg

I would let the clones sit further from the light as thats a pretty powerful one and they really dont need much light at the moment (I keep a few inches away when I use a 32w florescent). Your right about too much water, just keep them slightly damp, for me thats about 5 days to a week without having to add ANY to the rockwool. The method you asked about helps control that. Cloning is a helluva experience for many so dont get discouraged. The plants often will look like they are dying befor they root and begin to look better; Im talkin on the verge of death sometimes.

Your garden looks great by the way, good job thus far. I have only skimmed through your journal so far but will read the rest today to get caught up. ;)

Back
Top Bottom