6 23w 6500K CFL for seedlings and clones
E.B. Stone Potting soil
Perlite
Alaska 5-1-1
Neptune's 2-3-1
Super-Thrive
Milwaukee Ph meter
Hanna TDS 1 Meter

I currently have the G13 and AK sprouted (born 11/13/09). The ICE just got planted today.

Ak47 2 Days
SNC00018.jpg

G13 2 days
SNC00019.jpg

So far my only issue is getting my water PH'd. My meter goes to 7.0 immediately when I put it in the Buffer solution. My filtered tap water measures at 7.3 steady. When I add Gen. Hydro. Ph Down one drop at a time the Ph goes down approx .3 per drop. My question is, how long do I leave the meter in my water to get a proper reading. I made a gallon of water at 5.8 last night. This morning I measured the same gallon at 6.6. Does the acid evaporate that fast from water? Or, am I doing something wrong?

I have a small cup that I have my 7.0 buffer solution in. I place the meter in the solution and turn the meter on and calibrate. I turn the meter off then move it to the water to be tested. When I turn the meter on the number shows up then it slowly starts dropping. Is this the proper method?

Thanks in advance.

I almost forgot, I built a grow room yesterday too. I need some ideas as for what to use for walls and reflective material. It is 5X5X7'

SNC00014.jpg

OK so far my temps have ranged from 65-78. This is without using the house heater. This would keep the low temp around 70 or 72. Should I go with this range or should I try to stay lower?

OK so far my temps have ranged from 65-78. This is without using the house heater. This would keep the low temp around 70 or 72. Should I go with this range or should I try to stay lower?

That would be OK. Once you get everything in grow space your making, it would probably be just right.

How much wind do you have and how hard does it blow? Also does it rain hard? Thinking about materials...to use.

Glad your doing this grow and your strains are exactly what I would grow.

Glad to have met you and I hope this turns out to be better than you expect:ganjamon:

Thanks for the info. My grow room is in my spare bedroom. I have a 16'' oscillating fan. I was thinking of using straight mylar for the sides of the room. My room won't be full. I wanted to leave enough space to walk around the plants to water.

Day 3 update:

Moved under the 2x55 AH Supply bright kit. 6500K
Watered today with 6.0Ph 130PPM distilled water with superthrive.
Water runoff tested at 6.8 and 500ppm from G13
Water runoff tested at 6.7 and 515ppm from AK47

AK47 Day 3
SNC00021.jpg

G13xHaze Day 3
SNC00022.jpg

G13 Close Up
SNC00023.jpg

AK47 Close Up
SNC00024.jpg

Thanks for the info. My grow room is in my spare bedroom. I have a 16'' oscillating fan. I was thinking of using straight mylar for the sides of the room. My room won't be full. I wanted to leave enough space to walk around the plants to water.

Sounds perfect to me.:ganjamon:

Day 4:

Bought a humidifier last night as my humidity level has hovering around 20%. Today when I got home my humidity was 55% and temp was 85. The second set of leaves are starting to form on both plants. The first leaves on the AK are starting to smooth out and look like they are reaching upwards a bit.

Also, my ICE plant sprouted today.

AK47 Leaves up
SNC00025.jpg

Day 5:

Second set of leaves are getting bigger. The AK leaves were reaching up again this afternoon. This morning the leaves were parallel with the ground. This morning the temp was 60F and humidity was 30%. This afternoon the temp was 80F humidity was 44%. I know the temp swing is on the big side. I'm still working on the control.

The G13's first leaves haven't gotten any bigger but it is growing a second set.

Both are a nice shade of green. No curling on the leaves. Just worried about the reaching leaves. Any ideas? Thanks

I almost forgot, I built a grow room yesterday too. I need some ideas as for what to use for walls and reflective material. It is 5X5X7'

SNC00014.jpg

bro mylar is ok, but is very annoying to deal with, and after one or two grows depending on humidity has to be taken down cause its practically uncleanable.

Its the best reflective wise, but it has ZERO % durability, if the budget allows i'd get some omniflect or black and white poly

Looking good so far Bro..
As far as the Ph goes, I Leave my meter in the solution so it does not dry out, but I use i different cup to calibrate it in. When you move the meter from your water to your solution you are changing you PH over time. It is easer to PH water in a larger container say 5 gal. vs 1 gal. You should have an accurate reading in 30 sec. to a min. tops. I notice my Ph fluctuates the most in the first 24 hours, after that it will slowly go up over the week and I let it go up to 6.1 to 6.2 before going back down, most of the time it never hits 6.2by the end of the week.. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the info. What causes the mylar to become "dirty"? Water spots? I'm just curious so I can maybe come up with a plan to avoid undesirable situations.

I'm having some temp and humidity issues. During the day my temp is getting to 85-87. Humidity is around 30%. I am only running 2 55w PL-L bulbs. I amgrowing in my upstairs spare room. I am waiting for my mylar to show up to complete the smaller grow room. The only window in the room faces west. So, I covered most of it with foil today. Hopefully the temp wont get as high in there. If I leave the window open at night the temp goes down to 60. I am trying not to stress the plants too much. I am trying not to use too much electricity. I am hoping to not have to use a windows A/C unit. Any other way to keep the temps down? Thanks.

I'm having some temp and humidity issues. During the day my temp is getting to 85-87. Humidity is around 30%. I am only running 2 55w PL-L bulbs. I amgrowing in my upstairs spare room. I am waiting for my mylar to show up to complete the smaller grow room. The only window in the room faces west. So, I covered most of it with foil today. Hopefully the temp wont get as high in there. If I leave the window open at night the temp goes down to 60. I am trying not to stress the plants too much. I am trying not to use too much electricity. I am hoping to not have to use a windows A/C unit. Any other way to keep the temps down? Thanks.

Nothing wrong with the temp. 85 - 87 is fine, remember these are desert kind of plants. On the other hand the H is low. You may want to set a few open gallons of water in your space. Or ad a humidifier.
:peace:

I have a humidifier already. However, the only way to get my temps down is to open the window and dorrs for the room. The outside humidity is around 15-20% so I lose all of my room humidity. I will try filling some buckets to help increase the humidity.

I thought the ideal temp range was 65-75?

I have a humidifier already. However, the only way to get my temps down is to open the window and dorrs for the room. The outside humidity is around 15-20% so I lose all of my room humidity. I will try filling some buckets to help increase the humidity.

I thought the ideal temp range was 65-75?

Your right about the ideal temps, however fighting for perfection may be impossible in some cases. .

As an example my grow is out side in Hawaii.
Day time and night time temps go from about 76 to 95 degrees and the humidity is always over 65 ,most of the time its over 78, and the girls love it.

These are some very hardy plants.

In your situation dialing in the ideal environment might not be possible.

Hope this helps you. :peace:

I appreciate you helping me out with this. I am probably falling into the first grow stereotype. I'm just over analyzing the whole thing. I think i'll just let the temps do what they do. thanks again

Back
Top Bottom