Gallery Upload Issues

Isn't that web browser technically discontinued? It's still getting security updates (for now), but no new features and general bug fixes are only on a "case-by-case basis."

I tried everything. Upgrading to Chrome was the only thing that worked. I'm not a huge fan of Chrome but it is the only way I can post pics so I will put up with it.

I'm not a fan of Google, either. I just did a test upload using Firefox version 59.02. The actual upload seemed to go okay (will attempt to insert image momentarily) - but I was forced to create a new album in order to get it to finish, for some reason (bug?).

Yes, everything worked. Google's Chrome was not required.

@TorturedSoul
True TS - Chrome isn’t required but (unfortunately or not) the site is optimised for it so for any troubleshooting the admins have been recommending it. And for some problems it’s been the only ‘thing’ that ‘fixed’ them.

And no, having to create an Album is not a glitch - unfortunately that’s how it currently works. They may be changing that. Many of us hope so. Haven’t heard any updates on that for a little while.

:Namaste:

Yer seems to be. My phones all up to date aswell

Ok then. Maybe try restarting your phone and trying again. You’re the second person with this particular error in 24hrs, so maybe it’s something.

I’m not a site admin or mod so can’t do much more than these steps.
If you can restart and report back that’d be good.

I can get to my media album and when I get to the select image screen it has a all white background and says " unfortunately, crome has stopped report or ok

Ok - thanks for the info @MiOutdoorsman and @Bilbobudkin420
Hopefully Marc will spot this soon (but might not be till Monday).

@Marc Ocean - a brief summary of the current issue:
  • ‘Add media’ process fails when it reaches the ‘upload photo’ step; screen goes blank and message says ‘Chrome is not responding’.
  • So far 2 members with the issue
  • Both using Chrome (latest version we’re pretty sure) on Android device.
  • They are both able to reproduce the problem repeatedly.
Am requesting anyone else with Android to test the process.

@TorturedSoul
True TS - Chrome isn’t required but (unfortunately or not) the site is optimised for it so for any troubleshooting the admins have been recommending it. And for some problems it’s been the only ‘thing’ that ‘fixed’ them.

I wouldn't know. I stumbled into this thread by mistake, have had no problems posting images (other than the one you stated was NOT a bug), so I thought I'd post my experience. If a thing is recommended - but a person is unable to get it to function - and another thing is not recommended - but just works - then it makes logical sense to use the latter.

And no, having to create an Album is not a glitch - unfortunately that’s how it currently works. They may be changing that. Many of us hope so. Haven’t heard any updates on that for a little while.

That's cool, now that I know it's supposed to do that, lol. I guess I just need to figure out which album all my other uploaded images reside in, and use that one?

Thanks.

@MiOutdoorsman @Bilbobudkin420

Try the three methods mentioned in this guide and see if it helps - Error Fixes Archives - How to Droid

Before I did the "clear data and clear cache" one, I'd probably go into Chrome's settings and clear everything except the passwords and such, then exit the browser, then clear the app's cache (just to cover all the bases). If that didn't work, I'd repeat all of this (since finding out whether or not it would then work would serve to "un-clear" things, lol) and then clear the Android system cache. Requires turning off the phone and then going into recovery mode, but dead easy to do. And it doesn't clear one's saved passwords. This shouldn't help with app-related issues, but it sometimes does. And it's not a bad idea to do this thing once in a while, anyway (once a month, maybe). I'd list the simple steps to do it, but the procedure differs somewhat depending on one's Android version - so just do a web search for:
Code:
clear Android <version> system cache
where <version> is either the actual version number or the kiddie nickname that its developers gave that version (lollipop, kit kat, dead lizard on a stick, whatever).

Assuming that the user has passwords saved in the browser and wishes to keep them that way, I'd make "factory resetting" it a last thing to try. Sure, it might work - but less drastic steps might, too. If not, the option is still there to try.

But that's just me. If you write your passwords down, it's probably only a minor hassle. I write them down... I just end up hiding the piece of paper really well;) .

I did all the steps. I uninstalled Crome and reinstalled. I can upload to FB,IG, grass city, photo bucket and other forums with no issues. My mobile Crome just won't work here. It's ok I don't have any journals, so it's not necessary

My "Add media’ process fails just before it's suppose to display the "upload photo" step. I have 3 images in my current media page. I'm on a Windows 10 PC, Firefox (just updated). Image is in a folder on my PC. How do I get to the Upload photo page? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom