Gallery Upload Issues

Troy01

This thread is for all gallery related issues from the website migration.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

I'm not sure if it is a setting but posting to the Gallery is not defaulting to the users gallery. When 1 click the Add Media it makes you drill down to where you want to post.

Here is a guide to uploading photos using the Chrome Browser on a mobile device:

First, tap on the hamburger icon to the left of the 420 Magazine Logo

This calls up a sidebar menu. "Media" is the new term for our gallery, so tap on that

Then, tap on "Add Media"

Add media to: Select "Member Galleries"

Then Tap on "Upload File"

Choose "Photo Library" to access your phone-photos

Then choose one or multiple photos from your phone and confirm

Tap "Save" and the photo(s) will be uploaded to the gallery

Thank you!!! ❤❤✌

Edit. Ok so I did all that and uplaoded a pic...woohoo...then I found that not only did it not strip the metadata off the image like I understand you used to on the prvipus forum version, but you also display it all right there for everyone to see...please correct me if I am wrong here, but I dont want the whole internet knowing exactly what device i use, when I took the photo, how I took it, my cock size etc...please can you kindly delete the image out of my gallery for me as I've tried and I cant work out how to do it myself...

Its pretty safe to say I will NOT be uploading ANY images until this is sorted out ...its not legal everywhere you know guys!
Maybe it was like this before and because I used the app I just didnt know. But to my knowledge it never used to actively display all the image meta data for all to see...

*end rant*

Thank you!!! ❤❤✌

Edit. Ok so I did all that and uplaoded a pic...woohoo...then I found that not only did it not strip the metadata off the image...

If you are using a Windows device...
Right click on the image(s) you want to upload,
Select `Properties`
Select `Details`
Click on `Remove Properties and Personal Information`
a new box will appear...
You can choose to create a copy with all possible properties removed, or remove selected properties from the file. I tend to select `Remove selected properties from the file,` and select `Select All,` then `OK` and back out.

The metadata issue is a big problem, thanks for pointing that out.

The only solution I have for now is to take a screenshot of the photo you want to upload and there will be no metadata available. I just tried this on my Iphone.

Edit. Ok so I did all that and uplaoded a pic...woohoo...then I found that not only did it not strip the metadata off the image like I understand you used to on the prvipus forum version, but you also display it all right there for everyone to see...please correct me if I am wrong here, but I dont want the whole internet knowing exactly what device i use, when I took the photo, how I took it, my cock size etc...please can you kindly delete the image out of my gallery for me as I've tried and I cant work out how to do it myself...

Its pretty safe to say I will NOT be uploading ANY images until this is sorted out ...its not legal everywhere you know guys!
Maybe it was like this before and because I used the app I just didnt know. But to my knowledge it never used to actively display all the image meta data for all to see...

*end rant*

Ok guys and gals, the moment we've all been waiting for. Please let us know what you love, what you hate, what works and what doesn't. One of our 3 developers went MIA, so I might be alone here for a while replying to you guys, so please be courteous and patient. Please keep in mind that we are not anywhere close to being done tweaking, we just couldn't stand making you wait any longer. Before you create a revolution against us and/or jump ship, remember some things not working now might be working within a day or two.

We ask that you please leave all social chit chat and joking around out of this thread, so we can stay focused on getting things done for you guys. Thank you.

Let's begin the process, what's going on guys?

In the Phone version to upload Pics. You can only tag one pic at a time to upload.
Needs to be available to tag multiple pics to be uploaded into the app

On the PC version I didnt see an option to drag and drop pics into the UPLOAD area

That and the Meta Data removal is the biggest things so far

Hi - I need to flag an issue with loading photos in threads that’s becoming unmanageable. It’s so slow to load, both on my phone and on my desktop. I know many others are NoT having this issue so it could very well be a compatibility issue with my ISPs protocols or something. But some others have mentioned it too.
So .more is coming pressed send by accident! Hang on...
Slow gallery loading we hope is connected to the import process that is still ongoing and will be for another day or so. After we imported the gallery database, we had to rebuild all of the thumbnails, which is still happening. Once this process is done, we are hoping it releases those resources and speeds up like everything else. Thanks for your patience, we are all working feverishly behind the scenes to get everything tweaked, fixed, turned on, added, etc. :thanks:

Not sure if it's just me. I don't think so..
But the photos look way clearer to me now. No matter what size file I uploaded them as in the past- my pics on 420 always had a sort of blurry look to them when I zoomed in.

Slow gallery loading we hope is connected to the import process that is still ongoing and will be for another day or so. After we imported the gallery database, we had to rebuild all of the thumbnails, which is still happening. Once this process is done, we are hoping it releases those resources and speeds up like everything else. Thanks for your patience, we are all working feverishly behind the scenes to get everything tweaked, fixed, turned on, added, etc. :thanks:

Thanks. I just want to add something here FYI in case it's relevant.

All old photos (ie from pre upgrade) are loading fine when I browse journals. The ones that are locking up pages are new additions. E.G. I was simply unable to reply to the latest posts on my thread because the scripts were seemingly being blocked by the photos loading in (which took about 20 minutes). Then on a previous page which also had tons of photos, older ones, they loaded almost immediately - like super fast. I have the super slo loading on Doc's Q&A Thread too, with the newly uploaded pics, and a few other threads as well so it's not isolated (I was worried it was something to do with my pics, but it doesn't seem so).

So yeah - it's not the old photos. It's the new ones. I realise thing are likely still migrating etc. Not a complaint as such. Just letting you know.

Can you post a link to one of these threads with slow-loading pages? My computer is not new, was pretty inexpensive (in regards to the average prices at the time it was purchased by the original owner), and I'm using a twelve- or fifteen-year old wireless router as a bridge to access some neighborly bandwidth. In other words, if what you are experiencing is a universal issue instead of something that's just on your end, I probably ought to be able to experience it, too. Should be a good test.

1) I thought I had the email thingy figured out (select 420 Forums>watched threads> check email for each thread you want email notification for>select option in Selected>select GO. (for each page of watched threads)

But apparently it didn't take. I am getting NO emails from 420 at all. :-( Do we have to go to the site itself to be alerted about new posts?

2) I also cannot easily find my Gallery from my account, and when I do accidentally come across my OWN, I see only placeholders (no pics), and no tools to upload more pics.

3) GALLERY EMBED takes me to my gallery, but I cannot see the pics, so this tool is worthless if I cant SEE the pics to choose what I want to upload.

This site is going to have to become a lot more usable than just posting text, or I will have to go elsewhere to socialize with other growers. I'm spending way too much time trying to find the tools I had before the change. :-(

Frustration level is very high for this old lady! :confused:

I'm reading backwards in this thread. I just found the old imogies! I didn't expect the submenu, to choose what KIND of imogies I want, but it IS a good idea.:thumb:

OK thanks TS - it seems to me to be something about the way the new images are processed when you upload (or because the system hasn't caught up yet). I just discovered that my editing software about doubles the size of the pics. HOWEVER, I've been using it for 2 weeks in the same way and I just checked my latest images in the 'fotographer' thread which were taken and processed in exactly the same way - and they're super fast and totally size optimised (which must've been executed by the old server upload software). SO yes, my file were probably too big - but they've been that sort of size for a while, just the old system was sorting that out during upload. Pity my celebratory mega update (for the new site, how ironic) is going to be un-viewable for most people! (no emoticon for DOH!). Maybe once the thumbnails get sorted they'll get 'fixed'. It's too late for me to go back and edit it now...

Does that help identify it?
I was more asking where did you see the info about size...

The new ones definitely look sharper - mebbe that's why. :rofl:

Oh crap I bet that is why.
Oh and we got that emoji back now?
:rofl:
When I try to post pics from my gallery in a thread- it is so slow that basically everything grinds to a standstill with no visible progress for minutes. After several minutes of a screenful of blank images in the preview page- I could start to see some of the names of the pictures- though not the actual previews. So I just selected blind, based on the names.
The pics look great! I love it. But as a cell user with poor reception and super overpriced data- it's definely an issue.

The upload tool is now called "Add Media" :thumb:

But: when I click on that, it takes me to a long list of where I want to add media. When I click on Member galleries, there is no way to select my own gallery. I am unwilling to test it, because I dont want to be posting on someone else's or on a page with ALL the members' galleries.

On the laptop, it's just "Gallery", then "Your Media".

Also, on the left in Gallery, under Navigation, is a list - You Media is near the bottom.

On the laptop, it's just "Gallery", then "Your Media".

Also, on the left in Gallery, under Navigation, is a list - You Media is near the bottom.

Y'know, the ONLY way I can find my gallery is by hitting the Gallery embed in a reply window. I cannot get to my own gallery unless I happen on it by accident. How do I get to my own gallery?

I cant even upload a screen shot of where I am at my JOurnal so someone can give me a path to my gallery. So this is the URL AKGramma's Perpetual Grow

Back
Top Bottom