Gardeners are a different breed

That's crazy, there are very few wild mushrooms I would collect/eat uness with an expert. The only Amanita that has psychedelic properties (that I know of) is Amanita Muscaria, HOWEVER, the psychoactive ingredient makes some high, makes others deathly ill (everyone has a different tolerance). The psychoative ingredient is not broken down by the body, it is just excreted, and can be "recycled" (YECH!!). As I recall, the toxic poison (not psychoactive) in most Amanitas is not heat labile, so boiling it will do nothing to break down the poison. The poison will destroy your liver, most people who survive eating them end up having liver transplants. Just read an article today about 3-4 people in Australia dying after eating "Death Angel's", which are Amanitas. When I lived up in Humboldt Co. there were amanita muscaria mushrooms everywhere in the redwood forests, some were huge. I spent an hour trying to convince someone not to eat one, hope I was successful!
I remember my old mycology professor used to say "There are old mushroom hunters, and there are bold mushroom hunters, but there are no old, bold, mushroom hunters!" Word to live by.
Sorry I just saw this Phyto. Gosh...recycled psychoactive properties? Jesus....youvlived in Humboldt?! How was it? I saw a terrible documentary on it up there. I thought ugh and these are supposed to be calm weed toking folks!
Watermelon update end of August If you want to see explosive growth, you need to grow some of these watermelons.
They started fruiting about 2 weeks ago. Looking at easy 15 pounders
You can see a little one at bottom of pic, I think a bird pecked it
Thought it was dying but took off growing the other day
IMG_4834.JPG

:tommy: Now for the big ones, 2 of them

IMG_4835.JPG
IMG_4836.JPG

Some corn big as my forearm
IMG_4837.JPG
Sorry Brew, I didn't see this notification! They look so good, perfect in fact and so HUGE! How is growing corn? Never have....

Sorry Brew, I didn't see this notification! They look so good, perfect in fact and so HUGE! How is growing corn? Never have....
Corn didn't turn out as good as I thought. It was delicious, just didn't fill out all the way to the end. It ran out of pollen & was too far spaced apart.
Dug 6 forks worth of carrots & got 13 lbs. Got about 8 more forks worth to go. should be enough to last the winter.
2 of the bigger ones 1.44lbs on 420 t-shirt, I think there is some bigger ones yet.
IMG_4946.JPG
watermelons are about 18 lbs now need a couple more weeks 🤞

Back
Top Bottom