Gardeners are a different breed

Back to the old green thumb thing again.:)
Some of us have green thumbs, arms, torsos, or bodies. Some just show green when they bruise. All of us here have that green gene popping out somewhere though, I've seen it

This is Calendula Resina. My wife makes salve from the flower.

20220708_131049.jpg

This is Calendula
This is Calendula Resina. My wife makes salve from the flower.

20220708_131049.jpg
Just beautiful such warm autumn colors. Is this particular to your area? What does she use the salve for specifically? I love salves
The hens and chicks are in flower, looks like candy corn to me!

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

Gorgeous. Funny story about mine. I went out back one day and they were gone 2 with babies in a pot. Pot was there soil was there but they were gone. I'm really missing this beautiful bloom.

Just beautiful such warm autumn colors. Is this particular to your area? What does she use the salve for specifically? I love salves

Gorgeous. Funny story about mine. I went out back one day and they were gone 2 with babies in a pot. Pot was there soil was there but they were gone. I'm really missing this beautiful bloom.

We grow it in a greenhouse but it spreads everywhere. Fall colors are on the way soon. We get the same show as the New England States. Like the last hoorah before the snow flies. I'm in Nova Scotia. Salve gets used for general skin things and works great.

We grow it in a greenhouse but it spreads everywhere. Fall colors are on the way soon. We get the same show as the New England States. Like the last hoorah before the snow flies. I'm in Nova Scotia. Salve gets used for general skin things and works great.
Awesome! I've got psoriasis do maybe that will help, I'll try to run some in the spring!
:thanks:

African Daisies

20220903_140045.jpg

20220903_140039.jpg

20220903_140017.jpg

20220903_140014.jpg

20220903_140010.jpg

Hey krissi Garden all froze up like mine? I ended up with one 8 lb melon only. Got a whole mess of habaneros, chili peppers, ate a ton of cucumbers, & 20lbs of grapes. Also ended up with over a lb of oregano. What the heck am I going to do with a lb ? Maybe I will try to extract some oil from it. I read it is good for joint pain so maybe mix some in with my cannabis pain cream. At least I don't mind the smell
Was busy most of the summer working on my concrete patio. Poured a 5x10 & 5 x12 mixed all the concrete ourselves, from scratch. almost killed me, glad it's over. Good thing I had some help from my bro
Moved a cord of firewood into the greenhouse & should be ready for winter

IMG_3839.JPG

IMG_3838.JPG

IMG_3836.JPG

IMG_3837.JPG

Was looking for a pic to post in the contests & found this from couple years back
Thought you might get a kick out of them. They are call cucamelon , mouse melon, a cross between watermelon & cucumber. Tastes like a lime cucumber

IMG_1982.JPG

Hey krissi Garden all froze up like mine?
Hi Brew! Not yet frozen but almost done. No more red hot chilis or cucumbers or zucchini-my Zucc had PM all season. Only got 4! So saddening
I ended up with one 8 lb melon only. Got a whole mess of habaneros, chili peppers, ate a ton of cucumbers, & 20lbs of grapes. Also ended up with over a lb of oregano. What the heck am I going to do with a lb ?
lmao I had to chop my oregano down, it was trying to take over-same mentality-how much oregano can I possibly dry! I use it sparingly cooking...
Maybe I will try to extract some oil from it. I read it is good for joint pain so maybe mix some in with my cannabis pain cream. At least I don't mind the smell
Extract oil from oregano? I'm curious.
Was busy most of the summer working on my concrete patio. Poured a 5x10 & 5 x12 mixed all the concrete ourselves, from scratch. almost killed me, glad it's over. Good thing I had some help from my bro
Bet it came out amazing. Does bro grow, too?

IMG_3839.JPG

IMG_3838.JPG

IMG_3836.JPG

IMG_3837.JPG
It all looks so good. I've been eating those chili's straight. One a day helps keep the inflammation away
Was looking for a pic to post in the contests & found this from couple years back
Thought you might get a kick out of them. They are call cucamelon , mouse melon, a cross between watermelon & cucumber. Tastes like a lime cucumber

IMG_1982.JPG
Omg they are ADORABLE! Do they have as much zing as a lime or more subdued with the cucumber in there?

My African Daisies are still blooming. Planted 4 in the backyard, one was not getting much light and I've been waiting all season for it to bloom. Finally got the first flower opened up

20221012_114853.jpg

Bet it came out amazing. Does bro grow, too?
In the 4 pic won't tell me, always had contacts, don't think so

cucamelon not as sour as a lime. Tough skin more for ornament I did make some pickles out of them (big job trimming both ends)
My lisianthus are still blooming

Hey krissi Garden all froze up like mine? I ended up with one 8 lb melon only. Got a whole mess of habaneros, chili peppers, ate a ton of cucumbers, & 20lbs of grapes. Also ended up with over a lb of oregano. What the heck am I going to do with a lb ? Maybe I will try to extract some oil from it. I read it is good for joint pain so maybe mix some in with my cannabis pain cream. At least I don't mind the smell

IMG_3839.JPG

IMG_3838.JPG

IMG_3836.JPG

IMG_3837.JPG
Pepper growing is so good! I'm buying like 5-6 pounds of fresh habaneros from a neighbour every year. Dry freeze half, usually making sauce from the other half. Enough to get me through the year without needing to restock :D

Some 23 garden pics
Romain lettuce
IMG_4804.JPG
IMG_4805.JPG

ready to pick
IMG_4814.JPG

Beans gone wild
IMG_4806.JPG

A little color
IMG_4807.JPG
IMG_4808.JPG

Cucumbers on the fence
IMG_4809.JPG

Snap peas are 5' and falling down think about 10 lbs + of peas

IMG_4810.JPG

Watermelon Spaghetti Squash (pulled it through the fence, first one got stolen in the alley )

IMG_4811.JPG

IMG_4812.JPG

Must have missed this, so I will post again hope this lifts your spirit
Get well soon :hug:
IMG_4818.JPG

Oh Brew yummy! Thank you :love: You know beautiful produce will always cheer me up! I'd love some of that fresh lettuce or any of your crops right now, I'm eating cold hashbrowns currently...yuck.

Just from the pictures, they look like they could be from the amanita family (deadly), if there is a bulge at the bottom of the stipe that's pretty definitive, for amanita's.
"The clinical manifestation related to ingestion is characterized by central nervous system (CNS) symptoms such as confusion, dizziness, tiredness and visual and auditory perceptual changes"

Apparently it is ate after being double boiled in some places in Europe...I guess for its psychedelic purposes? You would never eat one wouldn't you Phtyo? Even after boiling, I would be afraid of the lingering toxicity

"The clinical manifestation related to ingestion is characterized by central nervous system (CNS) symptoms such as confusion, dizziness, tiredness and visual and auditory perceptual changes"

Apparently it is ate after being double boiled in some places in Europe...I guess for its psychedelic purposes? You would never eat one wouldn't you Phtyo? Even after boiling, I would be afraid of the lingering toxicity
That's crazy, there are very few wild mushrooms I would collect/eat uness with an expert. The only Amanita that has psychedelic properties (that I know of) is Amanita Muscaria, HOWEVER, the psychoactive ingredient makes some high, makes others deathly ill (everyone has a different tolerance). The psychoative ingredient is not broken down by the body, it is just excreted, and can be "recycled" (YECH!!). As I recall, the toxic poison (not psychoactive) in most Amanitas is not heat labile, so boiling it will do nothing to break down the poison. The poison will destroy your liver, most people who survive eating them end up having liver transplants. Just read an article today about 3-4 people in Australia dying after eating "Death Angel's", which are Amanitas. When I lived up in Humboldt Co. there were amanita muscaria mushrooms everywhere in the redwood forests, some were huge. I spent an hour trying to convince someone not to eat one, hope I was successful!
I remember my old mycology professor used to say "There are old mushroom hunters, and there are bold mushroom hunters, but there are no old, bold, mushroom hunters!" Word to live by.

Watermelon End of July

IMG_4811.JPG
Watermelon update end of August If you want to see explosive growth, you need to grow some of these watermelons.
They started fruiting about 2 weeks ago. Looking at easy 15 pounders
You can see a little one at bottom of pic, I think a bird pecked it
Thought it was dying but took off growing the other day
IMG_4834.JPG

:tommy: Now for the big ones, 2 of them

IMG_4835.JPG
IMG_4836.JPG

Some corn big as my forearm
IMG_4837.JPG

Back
Top Bottom