Gender & question about the plant

Rappy

Hi guys,

This is my second time growing a pot plant and this one is quite different from my old one. This one looks healthy and it is very bushy.

I'd like to get your input on this aspect. Is it too bushy? Should I start pruning or is it fine this way?

Also, is it possible to tell the sex at this stage? Please look at the photos below.

IMG_20160919_155925.jpg
IMG_20160919_155901.jpg
IMG_20160919_155837.jpg
IMG_20160919_155751.jpg
IMG_20160919_155741.jpg

re: Gender & question about the plant

Plant looks great. Personally I would only micro top it. Which is taking only the the very highest- newest growth tip that's inbetween two sets of somewhat older growth. Doing so will create two tops. Then later m-top your two tops to create four tops. I know there are youtube videos on this(where I learned it from). Most likely there are tutorials here as well. I would not prune anything else yet. You can't tell sex of plant until it's in flower. Happy growing.

beautifull plant you got there how old is it? possible picture from above?
3 picture i maybe see its female but could be wrong you can see little white pistil in right upper corner....:straightface: could be some kind of dust..
but i'm prob stoned so ????
you could take a clone and flower it then your certainly:cheer:

top, grow, repeat... and dont forget to flower or you could do a 1kg fluxed monster...

It does look very healthy to me as well, all organic too. :)

It's still young, 14 days in. I'm using 2 55w CFL lights so it's not going to grow very fast. I thought it would be good to flower it after 1 month or so.

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Still an unsexed juvenile. Once it shows, there won't be any question. Males have tear-shaped pod on short stalks. These appear mid to upper nodes and often in pairs or quads. In a batch of seeds of one strain started at the same time, the males will show first. Once in a while, in a mature plant, you will see a stalk topped by a bunch of pods, like grass seeds. I had a mystery plant do that. It was bizarre, showing up almost overnight. But that is rare.

The females show two white hairs on the end of small buds, no stalk. Directly attached to a node, and especially at the growing tip, especially if a mature plant.

Once you experience this, you will never have a question again. The differences are very obvious. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom