Get High-onised with Moose

The thai sticks of the 70's were ballistic in their potency. The Thai's wrapped the little sticky sativa florets onto a bamboo sliver, then bound them with a hemp fibre. They were sticky little time bombs, and the potency left many peeps legless. You only have to talk to a Vietnam Vet to hear the reports from back then.
You still get the Buddha sticks, but more so out in the countryside, or up near Chang Mai in the highlands.

do you know what happens to the bud that makes it more potent..? why would wrapping it up and leaving it cause such an effect? thanks :)

The potency is genetic. The wrapping and bundling seems to be a way of curing the weed so that the potency is maximised. When you smoke a Thai stick, the taste is sweet and cloying. It geys you in the throat and nose and the the ascent to the peak of the high is rapid and profound. There were sticks laced with an opiate as well, and many stories arose about the trippy impact on the mind. Personally, I love them

I read somewhere once that light and air deteriate the potency of the weed, i wonder if by wrapping it and not giving it any light or air is what makes it become more potent, esentially its not "more potent" as to it just didnt lose any potency in the curing that a normal cure would lose ?

Actually, the Thai sativas are incredibly potent to begin with (excess of 20% THC), and the cure only adds a bit to the starting potency. I think it is just the extreme resination on the buds, and the wrapping allows the cure at a slow rate. You will see in the image that the sticks are well and truly an earthy brown colour, which is very typical of a tropical cure. They smell like an incense stick.

:) thanks for letting me pick your brain moose ;) ** puff puff pass**

Thai sticks were certainly special. I have lots of good memories associated with them as well. The mid/late '70s were an interesting time in southern California. Our proximity to Laguna Beach, the Brotherhood and the Hare Krishna made for high times. I tried to find the posting rules, but couldn't...so I hope it's OK to post a link. This history piece describes the beginning of the end for Thai Sticks in so cal at that time, as far as I know. :peace:

HistoryLink Essay: Federal agents interrupt a smuggling operation in the San Juan Islands, seize two tons of marijuana, and arrest six men on October 22, 1978.

This one is a little old. But I always enjoy Saturday Night Live, and I came across this one while searching for an other vid. Enjoy

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

This is close up footage of a sonic boom. Amazing if you haven't seen it.

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Did I ever tell you Moose that most of my family members are pilots? Aviation is in my blood, great choice of vids, this kinda stuff rocks! :allgood:

I wonder what its like to pilot one of those jets in a sonic boom while stoned as fuck. Maybe I'll just ride shotgun and get stoned! Can you imagine hotboxin a jet cab miles above the earth traveling faster than the speed of fuckin sound!?

Hey dahui, you and one of your pilot family members should come pick me up in a jet, ill supply the herbal goodness!

G-Day Moose and all of 420...

I'm chillin' with my mistress (Volcano) and enjoying the day. Woke up this morning wondering how I made it to bed, seeing as I worked 16 hard hours...stopped at the local coop & ordered their strongest kush (OG) and also took home a hash/hash oil capsule & a hash brownie. I did the capsule & brownie immediately and ground up enough OG to fill the volcano chamber to the usual level 10-12mm and ran four bags...then I wake up in bed this morning! I had started in my office...Then, this morning I ran what was left in the chamber for 2 more bags before switching to a Sativa called Maui Waui and lost the damn morning....sooooooooooo I'm using some older Sativa now with kief & hash tossed in and I am well on my way to decompressing my negative energies:peace:

Good morning all. Here are 3 pics from my grow. I hope they high-onise you.

DSC00550.jpg

DSC00545.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

Back
Top Bottom