Getting flowering outdoor plants indoor

JiggStyle

Hi everyone !

I posted a thread 3 months ago with my 2 seedlings, Blue Dream and Chocolope. Thanks for your previous advices, they are now in great shape and they started flowering 2 weeks ago.

I am now worried about the cold nights (6 degrees last night), rain, mold, caterpillar and of course thiefs.

I want to get them inside asap. Here are my questions :

1. Is that even possible ?
2. Is the 200-600w led lights they sell on amazon will be enough (with an open door and a fan of course?

Thank you :) here are some pictures of my babies...
MVIMG_20190901_100955.jpg

MVIMG_20190901_101006.jpg
MVIMG_20190901_102629.jpg

From the thread title and worry, I was assuming they were in the ground and was going to suggest you did deeply. Then I saw the picture. Sure it's possible, lol, just pick them up and carry them.

From the thread title and worry, I was assuming they were in the ground and was going to suggest you did deeply. Then I saw the picture. Sure it's possible, lol, just pick them up and carry them.

Thanks :) well the physic part I know it's possible, but I mean is the plants are going to be traumatized if they change environment ? A 600w led with a 12/12 timer, fan & open door (no outside ventilation) will be enough ?

As tall as they are,the lower branches and buds won't be getting much light.
It will work,but your yield will be significantly smaller than sunlight will give you.
Could you just bring them in at night,and put them back outside every morning?

As tall as they are,the lower branches and buds won't be getting much light.
It will work,but your yield will be significantly smaller than sunlight will give you.
Could you just bring them in at night,and put them back outside every morning?
I could but wife won't approve the smell :p

If I install my 2 600w led lights diagonal on each side of the room, maybe they will get equal amound of light on all branches ?

I could but wife won't approve the smell
I'm very familiar with that situation :)
2 600w led lights diagonal on each side of the room
That would probably do the trick-you may need to figure out a
little ventilation in there,also,especially if there's high humidity where you are.

That should do it-as long as there's some fresh air coming in & some stale air going out,you should do ok.
Without some airflow,mold and mildew can get started,and you don't want that,especially when the buds get big-bud rot can quickly put a huge dent in your yield.

I understand... Puttimg the fan right at the door will push fresh air but I just hope the stable air will go up and out of the room. I can't cut a hole in my house to get air outside :p

Just blow it in toward the bottom,and it should push the heat and stale air out the top...nothing fancy,but it should do the trick.

Cool! I hope things go well-no real reason they shouldn't.
How is the wifey going to be with the smell,though?

Lol well I am hoping it won't be that bad and it's in the basement, we have a door up the stairs to the first floor so... Hope that will contain the smell.

I should probably add some air freshener too :p

Do you think a fan running 24/7 with the door open will do the trick for ventilation ?

It'll most likely make your house smell great. Last "unfiltered" indoor grow I ran made the porch, sidewalk, and part of the yard smell pretty good, too, lol.

Yeah... Odor might not be a major factor, if one is using "small" light and growing a low-odor strain -and doesn't place a fan in the open doorway of the grow space in order to turn that grow into a whole-house air-freshener ;) .

Carbon filters are your friends. If you can't afford even a VivoSun / iGrow / Fred's Generic Sh!t brand, take a good long look through our DiY section of the forum; there are lots of examples of homemade ones. Like they say, when you've already bought the tickets and reserved the motel room for afterwards, any prom date is better than no prom date (unless she's your sister :rofl:). Activated charcoal is readily available, in pet stores, in department stores, via the Internet... The smaller the pieces and tighter they're packed (and the more you use), the better, as long as whatever fan you decide to use is capable of moving a reasonable amount of air through it.

Lol ok... Will look into that.

I was even thinking about putting a little automatic air filterer with fan in/out on top of them, maybe that will help a little...

Any little bit helps-that cannabis smell does have a way of getting everywhere,though.

I kind of have an arrangement with Mrs C.-she lets me grow in the house,and I let her gripe about the smell (not that I could stop her).
I grow in the back (junk) room with the window open,so a lot of the stink goes outside-but not all of it, and the bit that's left stinks up the whole house a little.
If you're going to try a filter,it needs to be one with activated charcoal to soak up the odor,otherwise the filtered air still has the stink.

...and don't depend on air-fresheners, candles, incense, etc. For an example of why this isn't a solution, try getting sprayed by a (real) skunk and then pouring an entire bottle of cologne/perfume on yourself - you still won't be happy that you annoyed the little critter, lol.

Back
Top Bottom