Getting ready for outdoor season

Woblaaaah

Got this gelato plant from 420 that's been in veg for about 2 months and got just over a month to go before she goes out in September. (I'm in the southern hemisphere).it's in a 30L pot.
IMG_20200725_204258.jpg
so I haven't grown alot of outdoors and definitely haven't veged one for this long before hand. Just wondering any estimates of how big she will get with a full season of outdoor growth. She will be going in a 1m square hole

Hey Woblaa! She's looking good and will be a cracker of a size to kick off in the ground in September when most outdoor growers are starting their grows with seedlings. If you've got your soil well amended and settled for when you plant her, it will pretty much just be down to climate and pests. Are you in Oz? I'd imagine that if all went well it could/should be massive. Keep us posted! :thumb::hookah:

With my current outdoor grow my girls were about 3 weeks old when they went outside and about a foot tall. They are now just over 11 feet tall at the beginning of flowering stretch.
Have fun!

Hey Woblaa! She's looking good and will be a cracker of a size to kick off in the ground in September when most outdoor growers are starting their grows with seedlings. If you've got your soil well amended and settled for when you plant her, it will pretty much just be down to climate and pests. Are you in Oz? I'd imagine that if all went well it could/should be massive. Keep us posted! :thumb::hookah:
In newzealand in the far north. Thanks bro

In newzealand in the far north. Thanks bro
Lets hope with the Referendum that people will be voting for change. It is ridiculous now, you can't even import a vaporizer legally and it's a big pain on the seed front.

To see some big plants do a google for 'Mendo Dope plants', there is some amazing massive sized plants showing.

If you have found any success in ordering seeds to NZ, can you PM me? There's lots of great seed banks out there but the failure rate of getting successful deliveries without getting confiscated at the border is high. Cheers. :hookah:

Any tips on how I should ammend the hole she will be going in?
My container soil is a mix I first put together about 3 years ago when I was trying to follow Subcool's supersoil mix. If I was doing it again I'd probably align it with Clackamas Coot's soil mix. These are designed to be pretty much just water only. Altho I usually add in some worm wee with the watering, and sometimes Seasol kelp extract and humic/fulvic acid and fish hydrolyslate.

Here's a cut an paste in blue that I just grabbed off google for Clackamas Coot's mix to give you an idea;

Base mix:

1. 1/3 sphagnum peat moss

2. 1/3 aération (perlite, pumice, lava rock, rice hulls, etc.)

3. 1/3 HIGH QUALITY compost and/or worm casting

To every 1 cubic foot (~7.5 gallons) of the base mix add :

1. 1/2 cup kelp meal

2. 1/2 cup crab shell meal

3. 1/2 cup neem or karanja cake

4. 1 cup gypsum

5. 1 cup CaCO3 (oyster shell flour, dolomite lime, calcitic lime, etc.)

6. 4-5 cups rock dust per cf Rock dust should be super fine: the consistency of flour.

7. 1 cup ground malted barley

That’s it!!!

The key here is quality compost/worm castings. That is the LIVING part that makes this whole soil mix work. So it must be HIGH QUALITY. Water with dechlorinated water and you are set!! No pHing, no checking the TDS of run off, no cal/mag, no BS! And best of all it works fabulously in a SIP!!!

Because you are planting in existing soil that is your base soil, but if you felt it needed more, you could perhaps just do with mixing in an aeration component like some coarse pumice, and a humus component like some compost or worm casting, that'd be your base soil. Then amend into that some kelp meal or blood n bone for Nitrogen, some Neem meal is good too for Nitrogen and helping the plant against some of the bad bugs. For Calcium, some Gypsum (also has some Sulphur) and CaCO3/Lime (Dolomite has Magnesium too). Rock dust seems to be really good for growing Cannabis, that will last and get even better over time. The Malted Barley also seem really useful, you can get it from a Brewing shop, I got some last month only $4 per kg, it adds Chitinase the enzyme the microherd use to break down Chitin, also supposed to bring on flower growth too.

Just my 2 cents, I'm no soil expert but it is along those lines I am trying to follow.

My container soil is a mix I first put together about 3 years ago when I was trying to follow Subcool's supersoil mix. If I was doing it again I'd probably align it with Clackamas Coot's soil mix. These are designed to be pretty much just water only. Altho I usually add in some worm wee with the watering, and sometimes Seasol kelp extract and humic/fulvic acid and fish hydrolyslate.

Here's a cut an paste in blue that I just grabbed off google for Clackamas Coot's mix to give you an idea;

Base mix:

1. 1/3 sphagnum peat moss

2. 1/3 aération (perlite, pumice, lava rock, rice hulls, etc.)

3. 1/3 HIGH QUALITY compost and/or worm casting

To every 1 cubic foot (~7.5 gallons) of the base mix add :

1. 1/2 cup kelp meal

2. 1/2 cup crab shell meal

3. 1/2 cup neem or karanja cake

4. 1 cup gypsum

5. 1 cup CaCO3 (oyster shell flour, dolomite lime, calcitic lime, etc.)

6. 4-5 cups rock dust per cf Rock dust should be super fine: the consistency of flour.

7. 1 cup ground malted barley

That’s it!!!

The key here is quality compost/worm castings. That is the LIVING part that makes this whole soil mix work. So it must be HIGH QUALITY. Water with dechlorinated water and you are set!! No pHing, no checking the TDS of run off, no cal/mag, no BS! And best of all it works fabulously in a SIP!!!

Because you are planting in existing soil that is your base soil, but if you felt it needed more, you could perhaps just do with mixing in an aeration component like some coarse pumice, and a humus component like some compost or worm casting, that'd be your base soil. Then amend into that some kelp meal or blood n bone for Nitrogen, some Neem meal is good too for Nitrogen and helping the plant against some of the bad bugs. For Calcium, some Gypsum (also has some Sulphur) and CaCO3/Lime (Dolomite has Magnesium too). Rock dust seems to be really good for growing Cannabis, that will last and get even better over time. The Malted Barley also seem really useful, you can get it from a Brewing shop, I got some last month only $4 per kg, it adds Chitinase the enzyme the microherd use to break down Chitin, also supposed to bring on flower growth too.

Just my 2 cents, I'm no soil expert but it is along those lines I am trying to follow.
Nice thanks man.

So far I've only grown in outdoor containers using an organic living soil approach. There many ways to skin a cat and whatever you're doing to that plant in your grow room it's looking fantastic how you've got it, so just keep doing whatever you're doing when you chuck it in the planting hole. If you are not a soil grower be mindful that some amendments need to 'cook' for a few weeks before planting in case the soil is too hot and burns the roots.

Back
Top Bottom