GMSkunk's 2nd Grow (Hydro: White Widow + Northern Lights)

Quick shot of the drying buds. They've been hanging for about 2.5 days.

PA310172e.JPG

The NL was short enough to simply chop it at the base and hang it up. WW2, on the other hand, needed to have the branches from the lower 3rd removed first.

I only clipped the biggest of the leaves and will prune the rest once the bud is dry enough to go in the glass jars.

Looking great, I'm about 2 weeks from harvest also.....good fat buds ....is the resin glands turned white yet?....I wan a hint of amber in my also....I bet the smoke is good .... don't forget to gives a smoke report.......:Rasta:

How long are you going to cure your buds for. Just still curious about the whole process. Thanks
not really an exact science. I'll let them hang for at least a week before I consider chopping them up...assuming the environment is good and they don't dry out super fast.

man, that in left cola looks super size!!!!:D
yep, that's the WW main cola

Looking great, I'm about 2 weeks from harvest also.....good fat buds ....is the resin glands turned white yet?....I wan a hint of amber in my also....I bet the smoke is good .... don't forget to gives a smoke report.......:Rasta:

glands were only about 30% amber...I don't enjoy couch-lock.

DONE!

Finished trimming last night and here are the results...

WhiteWidow - 123g (~4.34 oz)
NorthernLights - 62g (~2.26 oz)
Overall Yield - 185g (~6.5 oz)

NL in the jar and main cola
WW stuffed in the ziploc
PB070185b.JPG

Let's see how I did with regards to the goals I set for myself at the beginning of this grow...
Goals of this grow...

1. Increased Yield
My first grow, while a success in my opinion, did not produce the yield that I was expecting (read details). I ended up with just over 3.5 oz of Northern Lights and roughly 2oz of White Widow. This time, I'll be shooting for ~4oz / plant and plan on accomplishing this goal by

1. maintaining a much tighter pH range (thus preventing any lockout/burn issues and keeping nute intake nice and steady)
2. vegging for a much shorter period of time (thus not allowing the plants to over grow given the space constraints).
3. listening more closely as my girls tell me what they need.​

2. Increased Density
Buds from the first harvest were much to fluffy for my liking. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for that vacuum sealed Mexican dirt we all smoked back in high school, but I would like something with a little weight on it. I don't think 3.5 oz should come close to filling an entire gallon zip lock bag. To accomplish this goal, I will be... doing more research to see how I can accomplish this goal and pray that results for this metric are not dictated by starting genetics.​

1. FAIL - I didn't quite get the 4oz/plant I was hoping for, but I did manage to increase my yield by 18.2% over the first cycle earlier this year. I probably could have let the girls go an extra 4-5 days in the veg cycle and I also could implement some LST for sure.

2. FAIL - buds are still fluffy. Maybe genetics, maybe I need some CO2, or maybe I just need to be a little more heavy handed with buds after the chop...

Anyways, I'll probably pop back in with a smoke report in a week or so, but after that, I'm done for a while. I've got enough to last me and the Mrs. through next spring

Update: Smoke Report

These dried a bit faster than the first cycle. Stems are already starting to snap. Here's another shot of the yeild...

PB130208.JPG

WW2: nice uppity high...more uppity than I was expecting, possibly due to the smaller maturation time (trich's in first cycle had a higher amber percentage). Wife is a big fan.

NL2: good strong shit...haven't sampled enough to give any more details.

weird purple tint on a few of the WW2 minor colas...
Picture_025b.jpg

Picture_022b.jpg

How do you Like the Northern Lights? I just finished a grow of Dr Atomic NLs and it turned out great, good buzz nice buds .....I ended up with 3.4 lbs in a 8x8 grow area.,:Rasta::Rasta:

Nice grow.....rep+ points

How do you Like the Northern Lights? I just finished a grow of Dr Atomic NLs and it turned out great, good buzz nice buds .....I ended up with 3.4 lbs in a 8x8 grow area.,:Rasta::Rasta:

Nice grow.....rep+ points

I'm a big fan of the NL as an end-of-day-time-to-wind-down-anti-anxiety smoke. 3.4lbs in an 8x8 area, nice work!! 9 plants? My space is limited height-wise so I have a tough time growing monsters like you...I really should bite the bullet and adjust my setup to be more SCROG-friendly.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom