Gorilla Glue troubleshoot help needed!

I started from the beginning. In the begining I bet it was just shock from environment change and moving them.

Then you transplanted them and shocked even more.

Then you didn't match their environment so more shock after acclimating to your temp humidity.

Then you changed the medium in half of the pot causing some of the soil to hold less water (coco/perlite) in the center sandwiched into plain coco that holds more water. I've done it. It creates a funny drainage problem. For me it did.

Once they grow roots into it is fine but can mess with you in begining especially after first couple waterings.

Ok so onto the coco.
Wash coco first with ro water to a low ppm. I go to 50 ppm coming out of coco flushing with 0ppm RO water. Water slow, let it saturate.

Then you'll need to prep the coco with a light nute solution PHed to set the ph of the medium and allow the coco to "hold onto" some of those nutes in the solution. It kind of stores some so you need to do this.

After rinsing to low ppm them running low strength nutes 400 ppm ( half of which is cal mag)

You will need to rinse you perlite, ro water for dust then ph balanced nute solution (a lot less rinse for perlite)

Mix em up and then it's good to go for your plants.

With coco a common dose of calmag is going to be around

100-200 ppm and is commonly used to prep coco and then each feed

Calmag is a supplement coco will require if using ro water. If using city water or well water quote this post and I'll tell you some info on that.

If those were clones you said you don't thing they been getting nutes. Well I doubt that. Coco has nothing in it. By size they probably were getting around 400 ppm before coming to u.

Anyway. Shock is fine for plants. It happens. Just don't re shock a shocked plant.

Next time move them in, let them get healthy.

Then transplant.

Also find out temps humidity and feed schedule so you can get a base line of what these plants liked before.

Good luck man I think they will be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Oh yea now the drying of the coco. Ok

No the top little layer being dry is not a good enough indicator. Will it work- maybe coco waterings really are simple.

But I would be doing weight of pots and how much liquid is going in.

What I think you should do.

For me I have found. Newly transplanted plants in coco can be easily over watered.

Established plants can still be watered TOO OFTEN - causing overwatering.
But I have a root bound in 1 gallon I can water 4 times a day easy. (70/30coco/perlite)

Ok so there are multiple ways to water coco. You can do rub off each time. Why bother though unless a plant has problem and you need to flush or check run off or something.

So I would water based on these
1. Pot size
2. How established plant is in pot
3. Strength of nutes

So all those will effect the amount of water each day.

More liquid if larger pot
Less if just transplanted to larger pot

More if established in pot
Less if not much roots

Ppm you can adjust based off run off later once you get it all lined out.

So weight being best indicator and wanting to keep the coco moist all the time and saturated only once a day or so.

Water a 3 gallon pot with like 3/4 gallon of solution and feel weight. Tomorrow same time check it. Super light or just kind of

Super light- water 1 gallon tomorrow or maybe 1.25gal

Kind of light - right around same amount of water until she drinks more each day ( until pot gets lighter when checking next day)

It's not soil. You don't want a dry pot. You want to know she's been drinking what you put in and not a lot more and not a lot less. If you get what I mean. Give her the amount she needs. And you will have to find that amount which will change through grow
Then you'll need to find ppm range. Like I said ask previous grower for base line or ask us again for where your at.

If you want help with the nutes post what u got a recent pictures. Would be a shame to ruin all those

Another thing what is solution temp right before you feed the ladies. If it's too hot I've seen my plants respond just like over watered. The water won't hold oxygen well at higher temps so it causes same problem as over water - lack of oxygen at roots.

The GGs have looked great since I figured out the watering issue, thanks again 420 folks. Just a couple leaves on a couple plants have this on them, anyone want to venture a guess as to why?
420-magazine-mobile1812848868.jpg

The GGs have looked great since I figured out the watering issue, thanks again 420 folks. Just a couple leaves on a couple plants have this on them, anyone want to venture a guess as to why?
420-magazine-mobile1812848868.jpg

Seen anything like this? Know what causes it?

Back
Top Bottom