Group Grow - Autos Only - Seeds Must Be In Soil By The 25/07/2017 Latest

90s are average summer weather for us :) often times we get daytime temperature reaching 100-105 mid summer. It's a very dry heat though and for the most part breeze/wind counteracts the actual heat.

40s however we don't see THAT often, but it can go 30-40s in winter under severe circumstances.

90s are average summer weather for us :) often times we get daytime temperature reaching 100-105 mid summer. It's a very dry heat though and for the most part breeze/wind counteracts the actual heat.

40s however we don't see THAT often, but it can go 30-40s in winter under severe circumstances.
Not everyone here agrees about climate change, but there's been a lot of extremes the last few years. All sorts of records made.

My WW did well. Im going to look for hot weather girls next spring. Lion recommended durban poison and i read that some of the hazes work too.

Not to bad so ye its a nice place for cenerys and that but never great weather in the summer so it makes life easy growin and not to humid ever better for indoors rather than outdoors wat part of the world r ya from urself mate

South carolina...in the southeastern US. Heat, humidity, and unpredictable stuff. The last week of the camino, i was in green mountains, watered and warmed by the atlantic. Everone said it was just like Ireland. Lush vegetation and beautiful little farms.

Preston mentioned texas..hot as hell, but its a dry heat. My sdon went college in denton in the northern part. We were there in january and ive never been so fuckin cold in all my life. The wind was coming straight from the artic. They have no trees, haha, to stop it.

Feel that way when speaking to some people aswell.. People are so scared of the law and what the law will do , I throw the middle finger in this situation

He has apparently done the same thing, if he's told (any of) his buddies that he grows cannabis. Since the first law of growing is to tell no one - and the number one way folks get busted is by breaking the first law of growing.

If you do guerilla grows they have to catch you or have video evidence of you physically watering the plants to link it to you at all as its not your land etc.

Well... Seems like there's a bit more to it than that, but normally, yes.

One possible extra concern is... the member is in Texas. IDK which part of Texas or, more importantly, how close he is to the country's border. It's not really advertised - since it'd probably cause an uprising, lofl, because roughly 200 million people are potentially affected by it - but the federal government considers the US border zone to be 100 miles wide! This has been the case since 1953. Many folks consider this 100-mile wide zone to be a "Constitution-free zone" due to the fact that LEO operating within it (primarily the immigration agents, but...) have certain extra-Constitutional powers.

Growing is allot less risky than people think.. I find my indoor grows to be more hectic for me cos im worried about smell and people coming in, knocking on the door haha anything really gets you. especially during flowering !

Around here, indoors is generally safer, because we have local LEO in helicopters able to look for outdoor plants. It takes something major to be noticed that way from an indoor grow.

But, aside from that, yeah, smell can be an issue if one is growing in a structure of some sort and there are other people in the building (or even near the building, depending on the strength of the plants' odor).

And, of course, pulling bonehead moves like getting seen lumping growing supplies/equipment, stealing utilities/etc., and other such things would be a no no regardless of whether the plants are indoors or out.

I can't think of any reason the law would be trying to watch me, living in the middle of nowhere on a big ranch with no visible signs of growing herb. No neighbors, and live on a private road; people don't travel the county roads by my place unless they live on that road.

I think, maybe, once upon a time... that was generally true. These days? Well, it turns out that the various law enforcement agencies get more boot when they make more "drug arrests." Also, depending on local and departmental attitudes and politics, for the individual officers, more of these arrests could be helpful when one of them wishes to get promoted. You know, it's like the mafia, lol. You go bust a place up, take their sh!t... and the Don rewards you. Anyway, at some point in time - and I'm not saying that LEO are cowards, or lazy - I think it became pretty obvious that the average small-time personal cannabis grower or even seller is far less likely to whip out his Ruger and start shooting when confronted by a LEO than, for example, the average cr@ck dealer. Which, to ME, means it aint the cannabis growers/users that LEO ought to be going after in the first place, but they haven't gotten around to beating my opinion out of me yet, so I guess they don't want it.

I guess I could understand the worry if I was out selling my crop, or out getting arrested regularly but people who keep to themselves and only grow for themselves just don't attract that kind of negative attention.

Ah... I both agree and disagree. I'm pretty paranoid, but... is it still called "paranoia" when they really are out to get you? Anyway, yeah, I've been telling people for years that common sense, along with the ability to keep one's f*cking mouth shut (see: common sense) would prevent 99% of arrests. Still, there's that 1%...

Maybe 15 years working law enforcement in the military may have given me a bit of insight into what the coppers are out there looking for.

My uncle was an army MP. He ended up not thinking much of civilian LEO; I got the feeling that he'd had to deal with them a time or two, and that there was a combination of generally not being impressed with what he observed and that whole spirit of cooperation thing that's sometimes every bit as solid... as so much smoke.

Me, IDK. A cop once wrote Mom a speeding ticket for doing 27mph in a 25mph zone. No kidding, and he actually had to write it in the little blank space beside the last check box, because our speeding tickets start at "6 to 10 MPH over." So that's someone just being a d!ck because he can. I think if that guy ever saw someone smoking a joint - and they swallowed the thing - he'd have handcuffed them and taken them to the ER to have their stomach pumped, then charged them for possession and consumption, and added one for tampering with evidence. OtOH, I could have been nailed once, and it wouldn't have been for possession and consumption (well, it would have, :rolleyes3 , but the amount would have been <COUGH> somewhat higher. Think I was averaging 14-ounce harvests at the time. So I'd say it really depends on the individual, their boss(es), and attitudes.

I just recalled that I heard a local LEO on the scanner radio back about a loud party late one night, "Subjects were sitting on the front porch, sharing a... cigarette. I told them to go back inside and that if I had to come back, I'd be writing tickets." So, yeah, much depends on the LEO in question - and the situation.

tripping out

Whew, I haven't done that - err... much :icon_roll - since I was in my 20s and before. But when I did... I confess that I tended to screw with them if I encountered them (didn't go looking for them or anything). Like this one time, when a buddy and I were sitting on the edge of the local school's second story roof, lol. Cop came over and shouted, "Get down here!" <LAUGHING> "It's the same distance, you come up here." That one must have been new, because he did. Those old Buster Browns didn't make good climbing shoes - by the time he made it up there, we were already down the side and were sitting on the roof... of his cruiser. He came to the edge, and before he had a chance to even open his mouth, my buddy said, "We came down here like you told us to, now what?" Oh, that guy got MAD. He came down ready to chew nails - and we were back up on the roof, laughing.

Guy got back in his cruiser and drove off.

They used to chase us through the woods a lot, too. But, again, Buster Browns... :rofl:

Hey, when you're too poor to have a television, you have to make your own entertainment. And I was never bored, lol.

That sounds like you were baked as bad as I was the other morning when I spent an hour with "Forrest Wittaker eye". LoL
420-magazine-mobile1086303283.jpg

Tell ya the truth, IDK which of those eyes is creeping me out the most.

Been there, done that. Congratulations and all, but... I hope you can afford to expand the grow room.

I'm looking to hook up with someone that doesn't even drink coffee. I've been chicks with all sorts of... appetites. It doesn't matter how much they make, sooner or later they're going to start looking at your wallet as if it's got their money in it. Worst (for me) was a cute little stripper that I was into (err... so to speak ;) ) for a while. She averaged like $2,400/week - and ended up getting nailed for shoplifting because she tried to steal toilet paper from WalMart. Yeah, man, give me one of those "My body is a TEMPLE" ladies. I'll just go burn my incense out front, lofl.

Then again, cannabis is actually cost effective to grow ourselves. Maybe you'll get lucky, and she's into gardening, lol. I hope it works out for ya.

First time I asked her if she smokes was a deal breaker for me when she agreed to 'try it again'

I dated this girl for a little while, she acted all straitlaced... I walked in one evening and she asked, "What's that smell?" <OOPS!> So we started talking, I pulled out my walking-around supply (not much more than a quarter-ounce), and then more talking... She admitted she might be open to "trying that stuff." Yeah, uh huh. I reached into my other pocket for my bowl and it wasn't there. "#*^%," I muttered, "I must have dropped my bowl. I sure wish I had some papers."

She said, "There's some EZ-widers in there in the sliding headboard of the bed."

Sometimes, they just say they haven't done a thing.

Do you watch that new cop show "live pd"? Every show has some guy running a red light, marijuana fumes when he rolls down the window, then a search, on probable cause, turning more weed and maybe a gun. Dont drive with it, or keep it in the trunk. One episode had a guy handcuffed sitting on the curb while the cop searches the car. The cop turns around with a bag and says whats this? The jo says its marijuana, dumbass.

So here's the OG runt. Vegging in the heat of august wasnt good.
420-magazine-mobile714054603.jpg

Now, advice needed. Heres whats left of my WW. Do you clip these little nugs for drying and curing or just toss them into trimm?
420-magazine-mobile767610978.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1607161982.jpg

Do you watch that new cop show "live pd"? Every show has some guy running a red light, marijuana fumes when he rolls down the window, then a search, on probable cause, turning more weed and maybe a gun. Dont drive with it, or keep it in the trunk. One episode had a guy handcuffed sitting on the curb while the cop searches the car. The cop turns around with a bag and says whats this? The jo says its marijuana, dumbass.

LMAO, I'd probably have said the same thing. It's... admitting to my own personal stupidity, I suppose, but I always shake my head when I read about people getting busted because of their driving or doing other dumbchit when carrying... And I used to drive flat-out (why slow down when you can do 23 quick lane changes instead, lol?) whether I had something with me or not. <SCRATCHES HEAD> Actually, now that I think of it, the only times I didn't carry back in the day were when I was on my way to pick some up. And the kind of people I bought from used to grumble if you only bought a lid at a time. And I think I might have mentioned breaking down in someone else's $25 or $50 beater once (no paperwork, plates from yet another person's different vehicle, etc.) when I had real weight in the trunk and a cop was nice enough to help me push the thing out of the busy intersection one day.

I'm sure a lot of people get popped the very first time they do something. But a lot of us... I guess, if it happened to us, it's not like we'd be able to say much about not getting cut a break. I've just... IDK, not having been arrested is like not having gotten myself killed - about one percent my doing and 99 percent that entire battalion of guardian angels that I must have gone through by now <KNOCKS WOOD>. Thankfully, I eventually got around to growing up.

So here's the OG runt. Vegging in the heat of august wasnt good.

Looks like it was better for your cannabis plant than it was for that poor tomato(?) plant behind it. Which is good, I suppose; tomatoes are cheaper, lol.

Now, advice needed. Heres whats left of my WW. Do you clip these little nugs for drying and curing or just toss them into trimm?

Well, it's all relative, isn't it? I got this neat Magical Butter Machine, and when I peeked in at the little Train Wreck Auto the other evening, I thought, "That entire plant is what I'd once have tossed into the hash oil bin," and started wondering how much of it would get used in the MBM to make something. Then I realized the answer was "none of it," lol.

If that's all you're going to harvest, I'd guess that you'll be digging out every last little bud. If that's the puniest of 40 plants, you might end up just standing over your trim bucket and stripping the entire plant.

Looks like it was better for your cannabis plant than it was for that poor tomato(?) plant behind it. Which is good, I suppose; tomatoes are cheaper, lol.

Well, it's all relative, isn't it? I got this neat Magical Butter Machine, and when I peeked in at the little Train Wreck Auto the other evening, I thought, "That entire plant is what I'd once have tossed into the hash oil bin," and started wondering how much of it would get used in the MBM to make something. Then I realized the answer was "none of it," lol.

If that's all you're going to harvest, I'd guess that you'll be digging out every last little bud. If that's the puniest of 40 plants, you might end up just standing over your trim bucket and stripping the entire plant.
I first cut the big colas...LST...and have 8 oz. A week later, did the secondary colas and theyre drying on 3 coat hangers. This is whats left. I could snip a few small buds and add the other stuff to the trim bag. Gonna try cannabutter and some elixir...saw a recipe for dragons blood that caught my eye. All this is a first time gig for me.

And with this we say goodbye to Darkside, an unfortunate choice of gender.

420-magazine-mobile766989338.jpg

On that note a question or two if you'll entertain me:
- roots: this is the first time I really looked at the roots.. I tried keeping them as intact as possible, but some parts did break off.
Pot size okay? Too small? When I took the plant out the roots were 70% covering the bottom of the pot (soil surface area) and the sides were practically rootless except for the odd one or two running along the side.
(Forgot to take a pic with soil intact)

- is the root to plant ratio healthy? It seems like really little rooting to me.

EDIT: Oh and one more, the soil was pretty much dry-ish all the way through, but could still clump it if that makes sense. Seem okay to water the other two? Top soil about the same moistness

I like deeper pots instead of shallow ones (when they're both of the same capacity). I always have gotten the impression that cannabis "prefers" depth in its root zone.

As for when to water, I just pick up the containers. They either feel light and I water them or they don't and I don't. Hardly scientific, I know, lol. But I like to let them dry out in between waterings - not to the point where if I pour water in, it runs all over my shoe ( = soil is TOO dry), but maybe dry enough so that I think, "If I don't water it today, it'll probably be that dry by tomorrow evening or the next day at the latest" - and then give them a thorough watering.

In other words, I let the soil get dry, but not turn to dust.

I've never been one of those folks who give a tiny little bit of water every day. I always figured that'd promote a poor, shallow root system.

But I'm no brain surgeon. Although I have anesthetized mine often enough....

Away for 2days and come back to this.. Awesome stuff guys, loving the updates.. Things were getting quite around here.

Everything is smooth sailing my side and the girls are doing great. I will start posting updates of my big critical every 2days as shes almost done.

Torture - We dont have the same issues here that you have there, SA police are lazy fuckers and we dont have helicopters flying around specifically looking for this kind of thing unless they tipped off. If you are low key about what you do and how you do it here its very hard to get into trouble with the PIGS. But once you marked you marked.. Moral of the story, dont be a loud mouth crop praising idiot and you will be a happy crop smoking stoner :thumb::cheer::volcano-smiley:

Soul, thats what i found in my outdoor grow. I pulled up my harvested plants and the roots were deep and wide:
420-magazine-mobile1103213225.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1072247311.jpg
I'll need to expand my zone of nutrient application next year.

Back
Top Bottom