Group Grow - Autos Only - Seeds Must Be In Soil By The 25/07/2017 Latest

Give it a Bash .. Only 1 u say haha :)
Honestly, I'm only doing one to determine if it is even worth it or should I just grow them all in the barn. I'm expecting the outdoor grow to put out some serious yield, but if it all craps out, I didn't waste seeds and can throw the next one indoors.

Sic a praying mantis on it.

I caught the little bugger by his antennae so we could have a chat. Thorough cleaning inside my grow room, followed by a perimeter spray of insecticide outside the barn. Should be under control now...

Was at my babies in the bush and am pleased to say they all have their second set of leaves so things are going great .. I also filled my tent with all my plants and installed my lights etc inside.
My criticals are the 2 on the middle right side and the 2 pots that look like they just have soil on actually have lil sprouted white widow X northern lights babies .. Havnt opened up yet tho !

Tent with all my girls..
Left side - my 2 photos + 2 newly sprouted autos.
Right side - 1 photo + 2 criticals autos + Mamba and tangerine autos
420-magazine-mobile1298515647.jpg

1 of the OG kush babies in the wild (they all around this size)
420-magazine-mobile147369137.jpg

All in all very happy with how the tent came out.. Must just get some more reflective blankets and fill up the sides BUT other than that it's perfect
I'm growing an OG auto too. I topped it a few days ago and looks like it's working. Since I'm 2 1/2 months away from ave. killing frost, how aggressive can I get. Interestingly, my first OG after topping had twin colas. High humidity...outdoors...led to a little mold, so I tied the colas to separate them and it split the stem down the middle. Went running to the Web and found that it's a common practice in Africa. The split healed nicely, but this is the plant that developed nanners. Must have stressed it too much, but ended up with a nice cerebral high.
420-magazine-mobile1116325078.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1153706379.jpg

Unfortunately my OG's arent auto's or feminized .. Just regulars I got from a local breeder/grower :)
But Im sure you will be perfectly fine.. Should be done by the time the cold hits but you never know with mother nature haha!

420-magazine-mobile1848461986.jpg

Sorry guys for the late update, our wifi got cut off and i finally landed a job.
I accidentally snipped off a couple branches branches when i was taling fan leaves off but she recovered well. Humidity has been around 55, kind of low but its the best i can do with such high heat at 82 with the tent closed. Shes not getting lightburnt anymore since i bent her over

Haha good names, curious to know if anyone on here are dating anyone with said names? :D
Well JG, I dated someone once who turned out to be Valdemort. Although we don't say her name of course :)

Just checking in, group! Looks like everyone is making progress. Love the little Lion tent, necessity is the mother. Hope the temps are ok.

Preston, isn't it too late to start photos outdoors? My plants have mostly started flowering except one strain is later. And I have some cuttings from in it pots and they are still happily vegging, as is the larger one. We don't get rain till end of October, but if I leave them out too long, the dreaded PM might get them. You have a very different environment so you might have luck. In any case, that's why I put one auto last week to see how well I can squeeze out the last drop.

Here's my autos, germinated 7/24. They are growing a bit slow and had trouble taking up nutrients. They had a pale grayish color. I fed them dilute 5-1-1 and second feed a little 2-2-2 with it. It has been cool and overcast, the overcast is ok but below 62 deg I don't think they can grow. I am going to give them a weak foliar today.

Surprisingly the plant in the wine barrel is growing the slowest. It is the smallest, but was the largest when I transplanted it. Good roots. The difference was apparent the next day, in color and vigor, and within a couple more days the growth difference became clear. The other two have started greening up better.

So maybe the soil, but I wouldn't expect it so quick, it's mostly the same mix at the top. I double checked ph. Or maybe I roughed it up transplanting. Maybe it has the small plant in big pot syndrome, usually overwatering. I've tried to be careful. Or maybe it's something about the container, gets cooler at night. Dunno.

The little freebie that I put in after is doing ok. I sowed that directly into the soil after germinating and it's nice and green and growing. I need to find a better germinating medium than jiffy pots.

Well JG, I dated someone once who turned out to be Valdemort. Although we don't say her name of course :)

Just checking in, group! Looks like everyone is making progress. Love the little Lion tent, necessity is the mother. Hope the temps are ok.

Preston, isn't it too late to start photos outdoors? My plants have mostly started flowering except one strain is later. And I have some cuttings from in it pots and they are still happily vegging, as is the larger one. We don't get rain till end of October, but if I leave them out too long, the dreaded PM might get them. You have a very different environment so you might have luck. In any case, that's why I put one auto last week to see how well I can squeeze out the last drop.

Here's my autos, germinated 7/24. They are growing a bit slow and had trouble taking up nutrients. They had a pale grayish color. I fed them dilute 5-1-1 and second feed a little 2-2-2 with it. It has been cool and overcast, the overcast is ok but below 62 deg I don't think they can grow. I am going to give them a weak foliar today.

Surprisingly the plant in the wine barrel is growing the slowest. It is the smallest, but was the largest when I transplanted it. Good roots. The difference was apparent the next day, in color and vigor, and within a couple more days the growth difference became clear. The other two have started greening up better.

So maybe the soil, but I wouldn't expect it so quick, it's mostly the same mix at the top. I double checked ph. Or maybe I roughed it up transplanting. Maybe it has the small plant in big pot syndrome, usually overwatering. I've tried to be careful. Or maybe it's something about the container, gets cooler at night. Dunno.

The little freebie that I put in after is doing ok. I sowed that directly into the soil after germinating and it's nice and green and growing. I need to find a better germinating medium than jiffy pots.

Yeah, I was worried about dropping this photo bean too late in the year.... Might be best to grow this sucker in the barn. Shit! I don't know.
I'm assuming the late year light cycle will switch the plant up before it can really veg out at all? Will the plant survive and just yield low or just crap out all together?
I'm probably opposite of everyone else in this group; this is my first photo plant. I've only grown autos so far. LoL

Just came across this journal now I planted a white Widow Auto seed on the 30th of June/start of July.

I know I'm a bit out of the range but I sure would like to join in with you if that's alright by the op.

So here she is currently 44 days above surface. She is a bit small due to a bad start.

420-magazine-mobile2095092383.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1225748744.jpg

Check out my own grow journal too if you would like to see its progression from the start, it's called white widow grow indoor.

Also does anybody in here no how to deal with spider mites as iv realised there is probably a couple hundred in my coir grow bag? They don't seem to be on any of the leaves bar 3 or 4 of them but there's is definitely 100s if not 1000s in my medium.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me. This is my first proper grow and also my first encounter with these god forsaken pests.

Just came across this journal now I planted a white Widow Auto seed on the 30th of June/start of July.

I know I'm a bit out of the range but I sure would like to join in with you if that's alright by the op.

So here she is currently 44 days above surface. She is a bit small due to a bad start.

Check out my own grow journal too if you would like to see its progression from the start, it's called white widow grow indoor.

Also does anybody in here no how to deal with spider mites as iv realised there is probably a couple hundred in my coir grow bag? They don't seem to be on any of the leaves bar 3 or 4 of them but there's is definitely 100s if not 1000s in my medium.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me. This is my first proper grow and also my first encounter with these god forsaken pests.

Hi MJ, welcome.
You may want to post this request over in the pests forum, it will get more traffic.
Are you sure these are spider mites? Also have you looked carefully under the leaves with magnification? Look for damage on the leaves or other signs of bugs.

I use insecticidal soap and neem as a foliar. Also azamax, which is derived from neem, can be added to the foliar and added to your watering solution to kill them in the soil. There are some other botanical oils that you can try.
Use these first, if necessary move on to something stronger.

You'll need to spray the plant to cover it top to bottom. And wipe down your grow area. Good luck, you'll have a nice first plant! I just grew my first WW autos indoors and I'm finishing a couple outdoors this week. They're in my grow journal with a bunch of other stuff.

Hi MJ, welcome.
You may want to post this request over in the pests forum, it will get more traffic.
Are you sure these are spider mites? Also have you looked carefully under the leaves with magnification? Look for damage on the leaves or other signs of bugs.

I use insecticidal soap and neem as a foliar. Also azamax, which is derived from neem, can be added to the foliar and added to your watering solution to kill them in the soil. There are some other botanical oils that you can try.
Use these first, if necessary move on to something stronger.

You'll need to spray the plant to cover it top to bottom. And wipe down your grow area. Good luck, you'll have a nice first plant! I just grew my first WW autos indoors and I'm finishing a couple outdoors this week. They're in my grow journal with a bunch of other stuff.

Thanks boatshoe, il post it over there now. I'm starting to think they could be root aphids as they don't seem to be on the plant but only in the medium and I've read there common in coco which is what I'm growing in.

I'm going to try that neem oil until I can get my hands on the azamax. How would I go about adding this to my water solution? Should I just add a certain amount with the feed and water as usual when pHd? Thanks again.

Thanks boatshoe, il post it over there now. I'm starting to think they could be root aphids as they don't seem to be on the plant but only in the medium and I've read there common in coco which is what I'm growing in.

I'm going to try that neem oil until I can get my hands on the azamax. How would I go about adding this to my water solution? Should I just add a certain amount with the feed and water as usual when pHd? Thanks again.

Hi MJ,
I think your probably closer on the aphids diagnosis, and the treatment is the same in any case.

Mix 1 tsp neem plus one tsp soap per quart water. Spray with hand sprayed and soil drench. If you feed every watering, use that, it's all compatible. You can go half strength. Spray before night so it will dry in the dark. Shake the plant so it doesn't pool. That will decrease foliar burn chances.

Usually they say spray weekly until under control and then every other week. Your pretty close to done, I would spray, give it a day or two to make sure no bad effects, and spray again. Twice a week for two weeks and your probably done.

Azamax is derived from neem and it's just the main pesticide isolated, so just neem is fine too.
If you don't have insecticidal soap, I would use some mild pure unscented Castile hand soap. Some people say detergent but that's too harsh IMO.

Good luck.

Hi MJ,
I think your probably closer on the aphids diagnosis, and the treatment is the same in any case.

Mix 1 tsp neem plus one tsp soap per quart water. Spray with hand sprayed and soil drench. If you feed every watering, use that, it's all compatible. You can go half strength. Spray before night so it will dry in the dark. Shake the plant so it doesn't pool. That will decrease foliar burn chances.

Usually they say spray weekly until under control and then every other week. Your pretty close to done, I would spray, give it a day or two to make sure no bad effects, and spray again. Twice a week for two weeks and your probably done.

Azamax is derived from neem and it's just the main pesticide isolated, so just neem is fine too.
If you don't have insecticidal soap, I would use some mild pure unscented Castile hand soap. Some people say detergent but that's too harsh IMO.

Good luck.

Thanks again, next few waterings I will give 2ml flora gro, 2ml AHH, 2ml cal mag and 2.5 ml neem oil to 1.5l of water with pH 6.2 thanks.

Sorry for taking over the journal too guys.

Thats correct Mr Gibs .. Welcome brother :welcome:
Your plant is tiny for its age , WoW .. Sure keen to see the bonsai's progress :)

Boatshoe - Thanks for the compliment on the tent haha ! Temps are great as I have good airflow :thumb: Can see a huge difference in the plants. They really loving their new home :thumb:
So amazing what a lil bit of space can do for these plants

Thats correct Mr Gibs .. Welcome brother :welcome:
Your plant is tiny for its age , WoW .. Sure keen to see the bonsai's progress :)

Boatshoe - Thanks for the compliment on the tent haha ! Temps are great as I have good airflow :thumb: Can see a huge difference in the plants. They really loving their new home :thumb:
So amazing what a lil bit of space can do for these plants

Yeah it's pretty small alright, she got a bad start and I'm starting to think that the aphids have been there a while also causing it to stunt.

I've had bad luck this round, hopefully get better results next time.

Back
Top Bottom