Grow box size

Longbeach Kus

Have a cabinet with a depth of only 19"..height and width are not an issue. How many girls can I grow DWC with those dimensions.?? I think 2 maybe 3..if so, what strain do you recommend. Forsure a indica??

Mad Love from Long Beach Kush

well figure you have to work with the depth you have, hard to get light to the bottom if it grows too tall so
how many would depend on your width , size of buckets , lighting, height wont matter really with that depth you cant go too tall the bottom wont get enough light

My cabinet is also 19" deep. Im a newbie and started too many plants. I have 4 in there now. Height became an issue for me as im working w 5'. 2 is ideal for the space. Im lst and scrog my next batch due to space restrictions.
My girls are budding
420-magazine-mobile648495371.jpg

My next batch. Lst to fit
They just got flushed before pic so theyre lookin kinda droopy.
420-magazine-mobile1314264841.jpg

Sent w my Light, Love and Energies

you know the more I think about it
if your going dwc with that kind of depth restriction
because your already gonna limit your plant size and not get its full potential
I mean if your growing for fun hell then I guess how big or how much you end up with wont matter
but if your growing because you need the medicine then the best thing I could suggest to maximize the space with the narrow depth you have is
make bubbler boxes instead of buckets use netcups space them out maybe 6 inches apart
make sure you fill the whole space you have so build the width to the length of the plastic boxes/tubs whatever you want to call them
I'm sure you can find one around 18 or so inches wide it does not have to be real tall but figure for amount of plants in one box feeding on the res but the upside is there shouldn't be massive rootballs my suggestion is a sog in dwc
so it wont be very tall put the cuttings into bloom about 4-6 inches they wont get past 2-3 times the height you started them in bloom
they will all get great light throughout youll have the whole box full end to end itll be all tops
your yield will probably be much better
just a thought

Thanks. My cabinet is pretty high (72") I wanted to stay short and bushy... I will probably grow to indicas, and have a couple more vegging. Then shift up top to start flowering.. Have space to start about ten seedlings and then just have a continuous grow.. Somebody also suggested extending my top half to at least 24" depth.. Also I will probably be using LED's...

you know the more I think about it
if your going dwc with that kind of depth restriction
because your already gonna limit your plant size and not get its full potential
I mean if your growing for fun hell then I guess how big or how much you end up with wont matter
but if your growing because you need the medicine then the best thing I could suggest to maximize the space with the narrow depth you have is
make bubbler boxes instead of buckets use netcups space them out maybe 6 inches apart
make sure you fill the whole space you have so build the width to the length of the plastic boxes/tubs whatever you want to call them
I'm sure you can find one around 18 or so inches wide it does not have to be real tall but figure for amount of plants in one box feeding on the res but the upside is there shouldn't be massive rootballs my suggestion is a sog in dwc
so it wont be very tall put the cuttings into bloom about 4-6 inches they wont get past 2-3 times the height you started them in bloom
they will all get great light throughout youll have the whole box full end to end itll be all tops
your yield will probably be much better
just a thought
I'm going to extend the armoire by 2'. That will give me a 44" x 38" x 34" grow space. And enough room on bottom to start new beans and veg some clones.. That should give me enough room to have 4-5 flowering, 5-6 clones and a few beans germinating.. What do you think about lights?? Do you think a 400watt Full spectrum LED be enough??

wattage should be good if the coverage is good
I recomend brand name i had my go round with the cheap models and yeilds SUFFERED
I'm going to extend the armoire by 2'. That will give me a 44" x 38" x 34" grow space. And enough room on bottom to start new beans and veg some clones.. That should give me enough room to have 4-5 flowering, 5-6 clones and a few beans germinating.. What do you think about lights?? Do you think a 400watt Full spectrum LED be enough??

Sent from my SM-N920P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Tricky question...400 actual watts is a nice chunk of light, but a "400w" led does not always actually draw that. Look at the current draw for the fixture. If it's a cheap one, it probably has a current draw of 130-150w, and that is where you should base your wattage calculations, not on their title. Better LED manufacturers indicate actual wattage, and you can tell in the price because the fixtures are just that much better. Tons of folks here who know way more than me about this, just my 2 bits.

I Veg under 300w mars hydro (actual less than 150) and flower under 400 actual led watts, and 150 HPS watts. Take a peak at my journals to see, all my leds are cheap, but when used right, make some for killer lights, and the bud is looking great:). Good luck!
420-magazine-mobile420870561.jpg

425Jesse - Grow 2 - A Journey With Super Silver Haze From Seed In Soil

Jolly Rancher Sativa - A Rookie Adventure Indoors

I use led's also but I use advanced led's
I can attest that the light will last their warranty period

Back
Top Bottom