Growing height for LEDs?

Mnmmc

Hi I started growing about a month ago and found information on led heights and wanted to confirm with anyone who might know?
Right now they are at 30 inches and have x 2 @ 1200 led grow lights in a 5x5x6 foot grow tent.
I made the mistake of having the light to close at 18 inches so I read per wattage the height changes.
Also I have one plant the has a tiny bit of yellow of the leaves of anyone has any thoughts that would be great. I attached a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• 20200508_205834.jpg
    20200508_205834.jpg
    678.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200508_205823.jpg
    20200508_205823.jpg
    877.8 KB · Views: 48
Hi I started growing about a month ago and found information on led heights and wanted to confirm with anyone who might know?
Right now they are at 30 inches and have x 2 @ 1200 led grow lights in a 5x5x6 foot grow tent.
I made the mistake of having the light to close at 18 inches so I read per wattage the height changes.
Also I have one plant the gas a tiny bit of yellow of the leaves of anyone has any thoughts that would be great. I attached a couple of pictures.
I will offer my opinion because I’ve seen this . You have light burn. Look at the way your leaves are wilting . That’s because you had light to close . You even noticed yourself and adjusted . Those leaves won’t improve but good news it’s not a deficiency. I’m almost that is light burn. I’ll find pictures of my plants that look just like this and post them

Well maybe not , your second picture finally came in. That’s weird how it’s half the leaf . I dunno maybe not light burn . Someone else with more knowledge will weigh in

Maybe, I’m trying to locate my light burn pics to compare

Ok I had severe light burn , but the wilting of leaves is what looks the same to me. Also the vibrant color of green
5E96C02A-B2F2-4929-9F6D-8BA25B00D533.png

Welcome Mnmmc, that leaf tip looks like it needs something. It looks like it needs magnesium but not the textbook picture I know. Maybe @Pennywise can chime in. What's the ph of your nutes going in and is it soil or coco, or something else? Here's a place to look for your issue until more help arrives.

Your first pic is showing classic Variegation. Variegation is a form of albanism. It’s 100% genetic and no more than what’s showing it’s not an issue. The photo showing necrosis between the veins is a nutrient issue. What medium are you using? What nutrients are you feeding if any? What’s your ph readings looking like? Need more info to venture a guess.

Wow such a wealth of information on here thank you!
I was joking that it was an albino earlier way cool how you knew about it and not an issue.
I am using pro mix soil see pic and 3 part micro bloom @ 4ml/1l of water plant feeding schedule is twice a week with maybe one watering in between depending on how dry the soil is.
I dont know the ph atm I am using filtered water with reverse osmosis and 2 1200 watt leds.

Thank you for your knowledge

Attachments

• 15890443044764824853465338301485.jpg
    15890443044764824853465338301485.jpg
    558.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 15890445271901597315414051990669.jpg
    15890445271901597315414051990669.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
As a general rule, I use 18" from top of plant to bottom of LED for VEG.
useful if you don't have an accurate meter.

I’m going back with my fist initial thought on your issue . I stand with LED light burn. This is a close up of your second picture
That leaf is a classic example of light burn
E098D76C-A22E-43AF-873A-E584D801CA93.png

I don’t think it’s a mag issue . Not this early those leaves are swelling with water . Unless you have ever seen a light burn , you may not understand what you are looking at. But once you’ve seen it , you can’t miss it I don’t believe . I don’t care what others think and say your issue is, I stand behind your issue , lights were too close .
in this case , you felt it was a light issue , you adjusted it and plants responded accordingly. Watch your plants and keep light distance correct and that won’t be an issue any longer . Only to run into many others

Did the leaves feel rubberish? I guess I should have asked that first

I see that now I am looking also at the smooth texture compared to the other leaves. Should this lead be cut off? Thanks again
You just answered my question, they feel smooth? Rubberish ? 100% light burn if your answer is yes
No toy do not have to cut them off. The damaged leaf will not heal it self but you can leave for now. Once your plant fills in, you can pluck it off . You caught your problem early . You will be fine

Thank you very much
You are welcome, glad I could help. I don’t dare give any advice when it comes to nutrient issues . I don’t have a clue myself and just pray I don’t run into any issues . But I do , and I come here for answers . 9/10 I get what I need
I have put a lot of my focus on growing with the lights . This is in the top three most important things IMO
I am studying up now on soil. I say soil because that’s the medium I’ll use . Then any supplements I “ may” need . I feel like this is no2
no 3 being genetics . You could put any of these in any order and they all are important as the other

You just answered my question, they feel smooth? Rubberish ? 100% light burn if your answer is yes
No toy do not have to cut them off. The damaged leaf will not heal it self but you can leave for now. Once your plant fills in, you can pluck it off . You caught your problem early . You will be fine
Again thank you you up for a
You are welcome, glad I could help. I don’t dare give any advice when it comes to nutrient issues . I don’t have a clue myself and just pray I don’t run into any issues . But I do , and I come here for answers . 9/10 I get what I need
I have put a lot of my focus on growing with the lights . This is in the top three most important things IMO
I am studying up now on soil. I say soil because that’s the medium I’ll use . Then any supplements I “ may” need . I feel like this is no2
no 3 being genetics . You could put any of these in any order and they all are important as the other
Oh for real man! Just starting out a lot was hit and miss like using a lower wattage light made them stretch to far now I have 2400watts it should be good even the veggies love it. Soil is an interesting medium and I buy seed from crop king and they say to plant in regular soil and no nutrients for 3 weeks. I planted other seed right into the pro mix soil and they grew great and I use micro bloom to feed them.
I have been told my plants look healthy and quite honestly they will grow in most mediums but I am still learning.

Not sure how to send more pics other than post here and they dont have a message system hey?
Here's 3 pics of plants I took yesterday thru a magnifying glass :)

Attachments

• 20200509_063236.jpg
    20200509_063236.jpg
    865.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200509_062940.jpg
    20200509_062940.jpg
    783.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200509_062928.jpg
    20200509_062928.jpg
    758 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom