Growing Walk Through For Beginners & My First Grow

EhCanadianGuy

Okay so for beginners if you want to learn how to grow please follow this thread, it should help alot. My journal of my first grow and everything that you should know.

First - Planning
Planning is a huge part of growing you have to be able to have a good clean area with enough space to grow. You should device a plan before you do anything. For me I planned the strains to grow and ordered the seeds. Next I built my set up which at this time was a closet about a meter and a half wide four meters long but only used two. After knowing your area your ready to get to the next stage your set up.

Second - Setting Up
Setting up should be done next you want a light which you can adjust its height (I used a flouresent 2ft tube light) and strung it up so i could adjust it to the height I wanted as the plant grew. Next you want to make the area reflective which has many techniques sure as foil, white paint, etc..I recommend just using tin foil and set it so the dull side is facing the plants as the shiney side creates hot spots instead of reflecting. Once everything is in place you should clean your area making sure its spotless so your plants will have less chance of catching diseases mold etc..

Three - Planting
Once your seeds arrive plant them in their containers or mediums, i used soil as a preferred method. Plant the seed one quarter or half an inch deep and cover with soil and pour room temperature clean water over the area you planted the seed. It took me 6 days to see my first plant come out of the soil and 7 for some more and up to ten for the rest so dont worry if it seems like its taking a while. I dont recommend pre soaking seeds or doing any methods like paper towels and such just plant them like you would anything else. Remember that planting should be done in a warm, humid area as they will grow faster and better. Once your plant sprouts up and leaves start to grow its a good time to make sure your light is about 6 inches above the top of the plant. Dont over water or underwater your plants, just simply feel the soil each day and if it feels dry or even near dry add a bit of water, dont soak it just add enough to wet the soil for a few days.

This is my first entry to this thread,I will add more soon.

Re: Growing walk through for beginners and my first grow

Four - Growing and Maintaining
Once your plant has sprouted you now have a seedling, once your seedling has sprouted its time to have a light schedule. I always run my light as a 12 hours on 12 hours off routine. Do this everyday and your plant should just go through each stage including vegetation with little problem. Some people choose to run lights a little different in timing but id recommend 12 and 12. As your plants get older if you have random seeds then this should apply to you, check regularly for little sacks on your plant, this will mean its a male and should be placed away from females unless you want seed production plants. If you are like me I kept my male and cloned it and cloned a female with it and when they grew there would be a cross strain and seeds for more planting. But these two plants where in a different room then my females. If you have feminized seeds then you dont need to worry about separating as they grow then they should all be females. Once you notice the growth in your plants you can notice their stages ( Not going to explain them fully its simple if you want to look it up) As the plant grows through these stages you should keep a fan on them at all times, I personally keep mine on medium during the light hours and low during the dark,this will make the stocks stronger making it able to hold more weight of buds once they start. When they get to their vegetation stage this means they will be starting to grow marijuana and the stocks will grow its buds. The vegetation stage has just the one problem and thats the odour the plants smell and can be easily recognized to avoid this you can buy odour reduction spray or humidifier with an air cleaning cycle. Once your plants are grown you move to the last stage which is very straight forward and thats trimming off the leaves and hanging up the buds in a clean dark room for them to dry out for two weeks, then its ready to be smoked.

Five - Security
This is a big help in many ways. Growing can be difficult and security should be a wise idea to plan and go through with, your grow space should not be visible from the outside (Like in a closet, or hidden room), another good rule would be to never tell anyone what your doing, people can tell more people and the word of mouth can spread fast so be as secret as possible about it. Odour controll as discussed above is also very important.

Thats about all for now, if you have any questions feel free to post, i may add some more sections or elaborate on growing a bit more later but thats the basics, have a good grow.

hey man WELCOME TO :420: BE sure to post pics! we love pics! look throughout all the forum guideline etc and don't forget to vote in 420 contests brotha! 420 is a great site and community! also don't be afraid to take a look at my journal. LOTS OF GREAT INFO . TRUSST ME. i am a beginner too and asked all the questions you will be asking
I have 3 autos and 2 photoperiods. I got a GREAT LST CHECK IT OUT! also CANT WAIT TO SEE PICS BROTHA :Namaste:

thank you for your welcome to the forums and advice. I will upload pictures of my first grow soon. If your wondering which seeds I used I went with Eva Feminized African Free and to be honest they are worth it, best seeds ive bought. Germination for one was 6 days the other was 9 days.

Like i said im using feminized seeds and they grow up to five and a hlaf feet and yeild about 500-800 grams. Honestly im not so sure about auto flowering plants like you have, id like to grow some but to be honest im not quite sure it would be worth it as they yeild low amounts. Although if I could find a 60 day plant the could yeild near 100 grams id definatly look into buying seeds for it.

Re: Growing Walk Through For Beginners and My First Grow

here are my plants, this is a time shot starting at day 7 then day 12, day 15, day 20 and day 24

IMG0713.jpg
IMG100.jpg
IMG1452.jpg
IMG115.jpg
IMG1651.jpg

good start my freind cant wait to see more:):peace:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom