Guttamanes First Box Build & Grow Attempt 2014

re: Guttamanes First Box Build & Grow Attempt 2014

yeah I believe I have a solution to the heat problem , my grow space is in an upstairs utility closet that holds my evaporator (a/c unit) and is next to my man cave / loft area so I decided to unhook one of the three 6'' flex ducts going to the room which is approx 100 cfm from my half ton (200cfm) oversized system and let it blow in the closet and since then the thermometer has been under 75 when prior it had been 84 ish and had hit 86 lights on and my cave still feels nice and cool :thumb:
1406065303943.jpg

Fighting the urge to do a full watering , so far since being planted thursday I only have been misting them and they are feeling a little on the lite side Im so tempted to give them a full watering tonight before the lights come back on but idk I just hate to over water them ya know

yeah man I went on and just watered them they were lite and after looking at them closely , my biggest two plant are my heaviest 2 meaning they have been the most moist so we will see ........I did a full water until there was light run off

2 or 3 of my ladies are looking a tad bit droopy , hoping its just because of the watering I will post pics later , according to my reading a CFL cannot burn a plant unless it is touching so I am going with the over watering at this stage

yes they are about 2 inches from the lights , I see that I need to let nature do its job , I do believe Iam going to grab one of those inexpensive moisture meters to help get the hang of the the feel of the pots in relation to the level of moisture

1406129352507.jpg
1406129399331.jpg
1406129474727.jpg
1406129495872.jpg

well here is a few pictures my phone was dying so I had to keep it short , but anyways the first two pics are the two that I believe were over watered and the last 2 pics are my bigger two , I brought a moisture meter and they all are within the moist reading so we will see I just dont like jamming that thing down into my soil.

yes antics that is exactly how i water then i just believe they were not thirsty yet

im sure you can see the drooping in the first two pics , no worry here will enjoy this blue dream I have and read some more awesome grow journals and try not to over think it gonna give them a few days to dry out and let those roots stretch :peace:

Cool man , yeah I was admiring that room you built the first day I joined , work looks great man

Going to do a group shot tonight but Friday will make them a week old , 3 of the 6 are not looking as good as the others I have been unable to find many people who have grown in the harvest brand organic soil that is sold in lowe's but the bag says .10n.5p.5k and there is no kind of time release nutes either , I know its a bit early but the yellowing of the leaves has made me believe there may be some type of issue other than a possible over watering 2 days ago.

you know, I only have the one grow, so I have NO idea about different soils, However, My Fox Farms Ocean is doing quite well with the ladies. Maybe check into that if soil is the issue?

I brought as light of a soil as i could find with no type of extended release nutes, Really would like to down size to 3 plants for now although its still so early Id hate to pick 3 and they not make it or turn out to be males , I am going to keep 2 inside and put one outside , from the looks of it I wont be hard to choose my keeps as it appears that 2 of the six are not doing as well I haven't watered them since tuesday just 2 light mist to the root area and one to the surface when the lights go off so we will see , I brought 2 9x9 pots I want to use I had planned on transplanting them into this weekend

FFOF will work for plants, when he transplants later. It's too hot to use for seedlings this young.

I used it with my seedlings. planted in their forever bucket when i started. I have read so many posts about FFOF being bad or good for seedlings. Its a 50/50 split among posters. I went ahead and had No issues.

Back
Top Bottom