Happy to see legalization in my lifetime

:hug::hug::hug: Here's some hugs while you track down the elusive emojis....haha

Sorry I missed your shout out had a bit of a family emergency this weekend so was busy but I see mr.Strain had your back on getting your sig in order...:snowboating:

If you still battling gnats add some hydrogen peroxide to your next watering only need bout 5ml it will kill the eggs, babies and adults and won't harm your plants.

Dunno if you live near the sea but get some seasand or river sand from a nursery and sprinkle that on top of your coco bout 2cm even layer and the fungus gnats and larvae will shred their bodies and pass on to gnat heaven.....:party:

Also if you want to call someone or get another members attention use this funny @Carmen Ray before your name to give folk a holler.......

image.png

See the little black smiley face top centre just tap that and the emojis will pop out...:headbanger:

:hug::hug::hug: Here's some hugs while you track down the elusive emojis....haha

Sorry I missed your shout out had a bit of a family emergency this weekend so was busy but I see mr.Strain had your back on getting your sig in order...:snowboating:

If you still battling gnats add some hydrogen peroxide to your next watering only need bout 5ml it will kill the eggs, babies and adults and won't harm your plants.

Dunno if you live near the sea but get some seasand or river sand from a nursery and sprinkle that on top of your coco bout 2cm even layer and the fungus gnats and larvae will shred their bodies and pass on to gnat heaven.....:party:

Also if you want to call someone or get another members attention use this funny @Carmen Ray before your name to give folk a holler.......
Thanks Smeegs, I bought and applied some diatomaceous earth yesterday. I am glad I have a measurement for the peroxide in case I need to use it. I am going to press on with bascillus and fungus for now as I have seen an improvement after the second application. It takes a while for the pests to be infected, I am told, but once they are, they are assured safe passage to bug heaven :) I do live near the sea, lucky me! I hope things are good with the family

Thanks Smeegs, I bought and applied some diatomaceous earth yesterday. I am glad I have a measurement for the peroxide in case I need to use it. I am going to press on with bascillus and fungus for now as I have seen an improvement after the second application. It takes a while for the pests to be infected, I am told, but once they are, they are assured safe passage to bug heaven :) I do live near the sea, lucky me! I hope things are good with the family

Family's all good, just going through one of life's hiccups sadly and has nowhere to turn too...But he smokes as well so it's all good.. Glad to hear bugs are retreating....

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I always sterilize soil/sand before using on indoor-only plants.

Sift out rocks and junk and put the dirt/sand on an old pan you dont care about and throw in the oven for 30-60 mins @ 300 degrees F.
Golly, sorry to be responding in such a delayed fashion. I didn't see your advice until now. Thanks HydroponicFireman

Hi, I am Carmen, from Cape Town, South Africa. In September last year, the government decriminalized personal use and home grows. We have a long way to go but I am thrilled to be growing in soil medium pots on an indoor balcony, legally. I harvest natural light and sometimes have the windows partially open, so it will be interesting to see if I grow sense buds or not.
:welcome: to:420: Carmen:passitleft:...guess I'm late to the party :theband: :party:

Hey Smeegs :) Is there an easy way to check ph without buying fancy equipment?
Hey Carmen Ray, check out your local pet store and get a ph test kit for aquariums. Uses drops and will do hundreds of tests for pennies. Not as accurate as a test pen but will get you in the ball park..

Hey Carmen Ray, check out your local pet store and get a ph test kit for aquariums. Uses drops and will do hundreds of tests for pennies. Not as accurate as a test pen but will get you in the ball park..
thanks Joe, and well done for photo of the month :thumb:

Thank you very much :) I am about to read your re-vegging blog because I have run into health problems with my plants and a week ago re-potted them whilst they were in mid flower. I examine them daily in ICU to see if they have grown new pistils and I hope it is not my imagination but I do believe there are a few, particularly on the indigenous plant.

No problem at all, sorry for taking so long to get back Ive been out of comission for a little while after this last harvest. I dont remember a lot of it which is a good sign! ;D Post some pics or feel free to PM me, I may take a bit to get back though. How long ago was the repot? I would give them a week or so to recover. I cut a good 30% of the roots off one that was in veg and I swear it took a good 2 or 3 weeks to recover fully. Leaves were falling off every day and it started to get scary but it actaually pulled through eventually (this was before the Whippersnapper Reveg attempt/learning). Send pics, but I wouldnt really worry, it just may take more time for it to come to a full maturity than it originally would have.

No problem at all, sorry for taking so long to get back Ive been out of comission for a little while after this last harvest. I dont remember a lot of it which is a good sign! ;D Post some pics or feel free to PM me, I may take a bit to get back though. How long ago was the repot? I would give them a week or so to recover. I cut a good 30% of the roots off one that was in veg and I swear it took a good 2 or 3 weeks to recover fully. Leaves were falling off every day and it started to get scary but it actaually pulled through eventually (this was before the Whippersnapper Reveg attempt/learning). Send pics, but I wouldnt really worry, it just may take more time for it to come to a full maturity than it originally would have.
Hi :) thanks! You know what, the two plants are far in now, so I am feeding them for harvest. The Swaz is doing better than I thought she would but the cheese has no visible crystals... I am feeding her and there are primitive bud type things, but this is just more of an experiment that anything else and possibly a waste of a pot lol.... take care :)

Hi folks. A year in to relative dagga freedom in our country and it is all as gray as balls in terms of legislative developments and conceptualization of regulatory frameworks. I finally had reasonable responses today from The Dagga Couple, and I hope my contest to their Cannabis Clubs initiative can become a public discussion #freetheplantfreetheman Incidentally, there is quite a lot of their ideas that I oppose, such as their definition of co-ops as not for profit, their exclusion of beneficiation from their value chain model, and the idea of Hubs and in essence, price fixing. I hope this is all debatable in public. Vasbyt oens

Attachments

• dagga couple.png
    dagga couple.png
    702.8 KB · Views: 189
Back
Top Bottom