Happy to see legalization in my lifetime

Evening ms.Carmen I'm glad to hear theirs new pistils a popping, means she's growing again.... :snowboating:
If you don't mind me making a suggestion as you now know you are in coco is purchase a packet of Nutrifeed /orange-white packet at any gardening shop or mica and introduce that to your next feed instead of the seagro and your plant will become a much happier lady....:hug::snowboating:

It's R79.95 for 500g powder form feed that works in coco but then you need to keep your ph between 5.6-5.8 ( what I aim for ) in coco... If you do go this route then flush your coco out with a clean water then feed starting out with 5ml per 5lt or as you need but start low and slow then adjust the amount as you see the plants uptake increases....

Hey Carmen! Seagrow is all good - very affordable and it will do the job. Enjoy your first grow, don't be hard on yourself if you slip up here and there - i saw with every single harvest my techniques and herb quality improved.
I did go to the cannabis expo it was lekker - very informative and there were around 100 stands to check so it was nice and busy. Unfortunately here and there were a couple stands selling some shit cbd oil or chinese LED's that will last a couple months but it was expected that there would be those type of guys around unfortunately. Either way it was awesome to see these companies thriving in South Africa due to cannabis and the indurstry.
I'm glad you are finding out more about your medium ect. as it's difficult to troubleshoot a problem if you aren't too sure what you're growing in. Your lady looks good, in the first pic your leaves are drooping - make sure you're only watering once your medium is dry.
Hi Lion, thank you for your comments. I am glad you approve of Seagrow... once I am confident that I understand the needs of the plants, I may progress to more sophisticated grows but for now I don't want to put a lot of money into plants that may not produce for me. I also went to the expo... quite surreal in a way, and nice to be in a mellow crowd situation for a change hahaha

Evening ms.Carmen I'm glad to hear theirs new pistils a popping, means she's growing again.... :snowboating:
If you don't mind me making a suggestion as you now know you are in coco is purchase a packet of Nutrifeed /orange-white packet at any gardening shop or mica and introduce that to your next feed instead of the seagro and your plant will become a much happier lady....:hug::snowboating:

It's R79.95 for 500g powder form feed that works in coco but then you need to keep your ph between 5.6-5.8 ( what I aim for ) in coco... If you do go this route then flush your coco out with a clean water then feed starting out with 5ml per 5lt or as you need but start low and slow then adjust the amount as you see the plants uptake increases....
Oh wow, thanks Smeagol. I think that the Nutrifeed is cheaper by the sounds of it, than the Seagrow... I will get some for sure :).... hey how do you get the little emoji's?

The more grows we do the better we get. When you start a journal please tag me again. I'd love to follow along and help out if I can :)
Thanks so much MrS... I should start one with my babies that I have grown from seed :)

Thanks so much MrS... I should start one with my babies that I have grown from seed :)
Yup, I'm sure you'll have lots of followers. Check out the link below in my signature for helpful links for new members. It will take you to a page that will show you how to add a signature to your posts. You can put a link to your new journal in there once you have it started.
:goodluck:

The more grows we do the better we get. When you start a journal please tag me again. I'd love to follow along and help out if I can :)

Your pup has come out to play :snowboating:

Oh wow, thanks Smeagol. I think that the Nutrifeed is cheaper by the sounds of it, than the Seagrow... I will get some for sure :).... hey how do you get the little emoji's?

Morning ms.Carmen if you look at the dialogue box we type our replys in, right at the top there's all those symbols just click on the round face....:hug::party:

Welcome!

That's interesting, you see window weed in Amsterdam all the time lol. Good luck, hope it works out.
Thank you very much :) I am about to read your re-vegging blog because I have run into health problems with my plants and a week ago re-potted them whilst they were in mid flower. I examine them daily in ICU to see if they have grown new pistils and I hope it is not my imagination but I do believe there are a few, particularly on the indigenous plant.

You got me blushing brother thank you....:high-five::laugh:

Afternoon ( assuming ) ms.Carmen absolute pleasure to meet ya and I see you've been well taken care of already and met some great folk already....:snowboating:

I hope you getting some of this rain that's hitting the country as its been raining for 2 days straight here in kzn and lovely looking girl you have.....

Don't know if you've met the rest of the Saffa clan yet but let me introduce you to @irie lion @Lerugged @Strainyourbrain @Peter Green @Tabenf and our honorary brandy swilling, biltong chomping and local boetman @FoNz awsome bunch of guys who I'm sure you'll meet later on..... :snowboating:

Here's some shiva for you put you right in the mood for a lazy evening....:passitleft:
Welcome @Carmen Ray be sure to check out my grow as well lots of valueble info there from all the lads you have recently met also some info on the bugs you been facing @Smeegol @irie lion @Lerugged @Strainyourbrain keep in mind the temp aswell ive read temps below 15c will cause p lockout good luck

Welcome @Carmen Ray be sure to check out my grow as well lots of valueble info there from all the lads you have recently met also some info on the bugs you been facing @Smeegol @irie lion @Lerugged @Strainyourbrain keep in mind the temp aswell ive read temps below 15c will cause p lockout good luck
Thank you Tabenf :) I have been treating with two different bascillus products, the one targets fungus gnats and the other is a more broad spectrum bug killer. The guy who I spoke to here (Jamie's Garden) said it would be fine to mix the two into one load of water, which is what I have done because I didn't want to over saturate the coco. I am playing a bit of catch up because for starters I did not know that the medium was coco and has specific requirements. The first dose of bascillus was a 750 ml bottle shared between my flowering plants, two days ago. I am still seeing a lot of adult flies crawling out of the medium when I agitate the pots, so I did another dose of 750 ml to each pot. Any idea how long it takes for the critters to die? I have placed a yellow sticky between the two flowering plants and it is catching adults. I would like to post some pics, as I have seen the flies sitting on the leaves (which led people to think they are root aphids and not fungus gnats). I took some clone attempts out of water because they were not rooting, and I saw an aphid! Unfortunately, the little murderers have spread to my seedlings, so I dosed them with the combo bascillus too. Does anyone know how long after dosing they will die? I am not sure if I was supposed to saturate the medium or not. If I was, then I need to dose again. There definitely are new white pistils, but the cheese is still very droopy

Attachments

• DSC_6686-Edit.jpg
    DSC_6686-Edit.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 73
Thank you Tabenf :) I have been treating with two different bascillus products, the one targets fungus gnats and the other is a more broad spectrum bug killer. The guy who I spoke to here (Jamie's Garden) said it would be fine to mix the two into one load of water, which is what I have done because I didn't want to over saturate the coco. I am playing a bit of catch up because for starters I did not know that the medium was coco and has specific requirements. The first dose of bascillus was a 750 ml bottle shared between my flowering plants, two days ago. I am still seeing a lot of adult flies crawling out of the medium when I agitate the pots, so I did another dose of 750 ml to each pot. Any idea how long it takes for the critters to die? I have placed a yellow sticky between the two flowering plants and it is catching adults. I would like to post some pics, as I have seen the flies sitting on the leaves (which led people to think they are root aphids and not fungus gnats). I took some clone attempts out of water because they were not rooting, and I saw an aphid! Unfortunately, the little murderers have spread to my seedlings, so I dosed them with the combo bascillus too. Does anyone know how long after dosing they will die? I am not sure if I was supposed to saturate the medium or not. If I was, then I need to dose again. There definitely are new white pistils, but the cheese is still very droopy
Give it a week and check fungus gnats lay larva check if your medicine kills those aswell Good luck

Welcome @Carmen Ray .
I see you are already getting good advice so all I can say is it's a good time for us to watch the progress of our land in this area. Don't know so much about other progress.......
Anyway I am going to try the cinnamon powder for gnats on my plants as @Smeegol suggested and see how that goes.
Have a good one
:peace:

Welcome @Carmen Ray .
I see you are already getting good advice so all I can say is it's a good time for us to watch the progress of our land in this area. Don't know so much about other progress.......
Anyway I am going to try the cinnamon powder for gnats on my plants as @Smeegol suggested and see how that goes.
Have a good one
:peace:
Gosh, I didn't see the cinnamon powder suggestion. That sounds very interesting. I dosed the girls with bascillus today so I will check tomorrow and see if adults appear to be hatching from the larvae still... if they are I may look into cinnamon.... or diatomaceous earth even maybe... see how it goes. Going to learn how to make a signature link so people can view my grow journal. I think @Smeegol was the person who posted a link on how to make a signature... just have to find that link again :)

Thank you very much :) I am about to read your re-vegging blog because I have run into health problems with my plants and a week ago re-potted them whilst they were in mid flower. I examine them daily in ICU to see if they have grown new pistils and I hope it is not my imagination but I do believe there are a few, particularly on the indigenous plant.

That sucks you had to transplant so late in the game, hope it works out well and you get rid of the bugs!
The bugs are the only bad thing about growing outdoors :( One day...one day...

Hey Smeegs :) Is there an easy way to check ph without buying fancy equipment? Also, please link me up with how to make a signature. Hope you had a lekker Freedom Day and a chill Sunday

Hi Carmen.
To do a signature there is a tutorial.
Basically at the top of a page you will see your name in the black ribbon which you click on.
A couple of options will come down and you can open a new tab when you click signature.
Copy your Thread address on the first page and when you go to signature you you have an option to add a signature. Click on the add a link, which looks like a chain.
In the first box you paste your address and in the second fill in the name of the thread then you save it and if all done correctly it will appear under your posts.
Then click on it to make sure it goes to the page you want.
I hope that is clear enough Strain

Hi Carmen.
To do a signature there is a tutorial.
Basically at the top of a page you will see your name in the black ribbon which you click on.
A couple of options will come down and you can open a new tab when you click signature.
Copy your Thread address on the first page and when you go to signature you you have an option to add a signature. Click on the add a link, which looks like a chain.
In the first box you paste your address and in the second fill in the name of the thread then you save it and if all done correctly it will appear under your posts.
Then click on it to make sure it goes to the page you want.
I hope that is clear enough Strain
Awesome :) Now, how do I get emojis please lol

Back
Top Bottom