Here to learn from the best

ThricomeInsutituteStudent

Hi, I am a new grower from Cape Town in South Africa. I am currently playing around with different strains to learn some of the different ways to grow medicine. I have a great passion for the plants and love the process and watching the plants grow and mature. Obviously for the lovely harvests they bring as well. Looking forward to learning a lot from this site and make some green friends.

Wow @ThricomeInsutituteStudent

Hell of a forum name.

So what do you know, or should I say What do you want to know?

Tok..
Thank you, I have truly learnt a lot since I joined. I am busy with online courses through The Trichome Institute, Interpening is something that I have taken a liking to.

Welcome ThricomeInsutituteStudent, NIce to see you. Anything growing now?
Hi, Thank you, yes, I have some Gorilla growing with one of the plants showing great potential, I am starting another run next week or so with Purple Opium, White Widow and some Trumps Cookie Jar. Thank you for asking.

hey welcome! obvbiously just ask away if you have questions, we arent all knowing here but there's surely someone whos already tried what your think9ing about ;) also remember when your growing different stgrains to learn about them, each phenotype is as individual as a person, just because one plant gave a specific result doesn't mean the next seed is the same. :) you more of an indica or sativa sorta guy? :)

T
hey welcome! obvbiously just ask away if you have questions, we arent all knowing here but there's surely someone whos already tried what your think9ing about ;) also remember when your growing different stgrains to learn about them, each phenotype is as individual as a person, just because one plant gave a specific result doesn't mean the next seed is the same. :) you more of an indica or sativa sorta guy? :)
Thank you kindly for the warm welcome, What you said regarding the phenotypes blew my mind, I am busy growing Gorilla Auto now, got the seed pack of 5, same bank, same breeder, I planted 2 but they both grew completely different, One was broad leave marijuana Dominant and the other more narrow leave marijuana dominant. Even the bud formations always fascinate me how the one is side clustered under or above the node and big main cola, and the other one produces spiral formation monster buds. I love these plants so much. Mine in SA can be the same as yours in your country, but they will grow completely different due to the grow conditions, soil, etc. They can be completely different or manipulated into being the same.

hi trichome. welcome.

sounds like you got two pheno expressions from a mixed hybrid.
a few SA growers are here as well. you got great landrace strains. :)

Welcome! Wait, what is the trichcome institute? Is there really such a thing?...lol
Hi BarnacleBill, LOL yes there is in Colorado, they give in-class and online training, Interpening is currently my favorite course subject, I love the anatomy on the cannabis plant, at this present point I am still fresh in my studies, but I really love the plant, it grows aggressive if treated well. Love it

hi trichome. welcome.

sounds like you got two pheno expressions from a mixed hybrid.
a few SA growers are here as well. you got great landrace strains. :)
SA Represent! LOL, nice, Us SA folks work hard. That sounds perfectly right about the Pheno expressions, That sounds so awesome, Pheno Expressions. We do indeed, even the small country inside SA, Swazi Gold homeland. Durban Poison is still a Liiitttlllleee toooo strong for me at the moment. Thank you so much for the post, send regards to the SA folks.

T

Thank you kindly for the warm welcome, What you said regarding the phenotypes blew my mind, I am busy growing Gorilla Auto now, got the seed pack of 5, same bank, same breeder, I planted 2 but they both grew completely different, One was broad leave marijuana Dominant and the other more narrow leave marijuana dominant. Even the bud formations always fascinate me how the one is side clustered under or above the node and big main cola, and the other one produces spiral formation monster buds. I love these plants so much. Mine in SA can be the same as yours in your country, but they will grow completely different due to the grow conditions, soil, etc. They can be completely different or manipulated into being the same.
yeah your correct to a point, but you cant make an indica dominant pheno grow sativa dominant ;) it depends on the generation often, for example F1 seeds are fairly similar. but yeah sometimes it can be frustrating when you wanted something similar :) not to mention each batch of seeds from a seed bank will be different. yeah its always fun to watch how the buds develop :) I have like, 30-40 of the same strain but all different phenos atm, is fun trying to guess which will produce the biggest buds :D

Oh shucks, sorry missed your last question, I love Sativa dominant Hybrids with only about 25% Indica, the indica helps my mind slow down if the strain is a little strong, so its kind of my safety blaket LOL. I dont mind a sticky Indica if I struggle to sleep though. Thank you for asking, what is yours, also What is your favourite terpine profiles, oak, diesel, citrus? My Gorilla that I harvested and have curing for 2 weeks now, is starting to smell like grapefruit.

yeah your correct to a point, but you cant make an indica dominant pheno grow sativa dominant ;) it depends on the generation often, for example F1 seeds are fairly similar. but yeah sometimes it can be frustrating when you wanted something similar :) not to mention each batch of seeds from a seed bank will be different. yeah its always fun to watch how the buds develop :) I have like, 30-40 of the same strain but all different phenos atm, is fun trying to guess which will produce the biggest buds :D
Its all good, Still learning, so at the moment getting the plants to harvest is a celebratory affair for me LOL. Planning and learning more about doing my own thing at home got me through lockdown, had a lot of time to research, and I have only just scraped the surface. Only felt ready to try my first grow 5 months ago.

Back
Top Bottom