Here to learn from the best

Its all good, Still learning, so at the moment getting the plants to harvest is a celebratory affair for me LOL. Planning and learning more about doing my own thing at home got me through lockdown, had a lot of time to research, and I have only just scraped the surface. Only felt ready to try my first grow 5 month

:welcome: Add long ass name here:passitleft:
LOL, I confess, I am super bad with "nicknames", PS4 - DeltroidTheDestroyer, :cheer:

Welcome TIS - last time I did Durban Poison it almost lifted the greenhouse off its foundations - I kid ye not
Oh my gosh! Imagine that! I wish I could just leave my day job, get into a grow farm and just learn on site and gain long term experience. Grow somewhere where they test every beautiful species. The Cannabis market in SA is going to explode pretty soon, its legal to grow for personal use, but illegal to sell, law is changing very soon, and I want to be ready. #Responsibilitiesalwayswin

Oh shucks, sorry missed your last question, I love Sativa dominant Hybrids with only about 25% Indica, the indica helps my mind slow down if the strain is a little strong, so its kind of my safety blaket LOL. I dont mind a sticky Indica if I struggle to sleep though. Thank you for asking, what is yours, also What is your favourite terpine profiles, oak, diesel, citrus? My Gorilla that I harvested and have curing for 2 weeks now, is starting to smell like grapefruit.
thats hard to say. I like lemon and pepper notesbut also fruity strains, I pretty much exclusively use indicas, I find sativas' don't see to have enough CBX's to help me at all with my pain management, it doesn't help like painkillers but after 3 days there seem to be enough cannabinoids in my spine I sop getting the back pains, I had scheurmans when I was younger and slightly wedged vertebrae aswell as the discs in my L1-4 are about 1/3 so thick as they should be so for me its all about pain management. IU ind sativa's I get no perceivable effects and feel like I wasn't smoking any medicine the whole time lol. but current strain is 60/40 indica/sativa Wedding Gelato (wedding cake x gelato x gelato 33)
and I agree totally without looking down and my garden id probably have shot myself in boredom lol

wedding Gelato weed 4 1/2

Its all good, Still learning, so at the moment getting the plants to harvest is a celebratory affair for me LOL. Planning and learning more about doing my own thing at home got me through lockdown, had a lot of time to research, and I have only just scraped the surface. Only felt ready to try my first grow 5 months ago.
yeah bit of advice take alot of information with a grain of salt. a lot of the info is either from a company trying to sell you their products, or is totally not scientific research lol a good source of info is dr bruce bugsy.

myths debunked or explained
some of the most non biased info you'll find :)

thats hard to say. I like lemon and pepper notesbut also fruity strains, I pretty much exclusively use indicas, I find sativas' don't see to have enough CBX's to help me at all with my pain management, it doesn't help like painkillers but after 3 days there seem to be enough cannabinoids in my spine I sop getting the back pains, I had scheurmans when I was younger and slightly wedged vertebrae aswell as the discs in my L1-4 are about 1/3 so thick as they should be so for me its all about pain management. IU ind sativa's I get no perceivable effects and feel like I wasn't smoking any medicine the whole time lol. but current strain is 60/40 indica/sativa Wedding Gelato (wedding cake x gelato x gelato 33)
and I agree totally without looking down and my garden id probably have shot myself in boredom lol

wedding Gelato weed 4 1/2
Oh man, so sorry to hear that, I am glad you have something to ease the pain. That wedding Gelato looks amazing, beautiful canopy going on there. I grew my wife some Girl Scout cookies for her anxiety, I am happy to say she has been of her strong chemical medicine for 2 months now, she has been micro dosing Oil that I had made for her with the harvest. Fingers crossed she has enough to get me to the end of this Gorilla harvest so I can make her some more.

SA Represent! LOL, nice, Us SA folks work hard. That sounds perfectly right about the Pheno expressions, That sounds so awesome, Pheno Expressions. We do indeed, even the small country inside SA, Swazi Gold homeland. Durban Poison is still a Liiitttlllleee toooo strong for me at the moment. Thank you so much for the post, send regards to the SA folks.

uuuh ok. ya might got a tad mixed on my response. i'm from canada lol .. :cheesygrinsmiley:
it's awesome to have you here though.

uuuh ok. ya might got a tad mixed on my response. i'm from canada lol .. :cheesygrinsmiley:
it's awesome to have you here though.
LOL, sorry I though you meant there were people from SA working there by you. Thank you, its been great being on the forum so far. I have learnt much more here than trying to find out info on my own, way to much contradicting info on the www.

Hi, I am a new grower from Cape Town in South Africa. I am currently playing around with different strains to learn some of the different ways to grow medicine. I have a great passion for the plants and love the process and watching the plants grow and mature. Obviously for the lovely harvests they bring as well. Looking forward to learning a lot from this site and make some green friends.
Welcome. Nice to see someone from SA starting here. Im from Langebaan. Hope to see some journals going.

Welcome. Nice to see someone from SA starting here. Im from Langebaan. Hope to see some journals going.
Hi @Skottelgoed Spons thanks for the welcome, Love Langebaan, I live in Sunningdale (Blouberg). I will start grow journals as soon as I start my Purple Opium, White Widow and Trumps cookie jar. Looking forward to that grow.

Oh man, so sorry to hear that, I am glad you have something to ease the pain. That wedding Gelato looks amazing, beautiful canopy going on there. I grew my wife some Girl Scout cookies for her anxiety, I am happy to say she has been of her strong chemical medicine for 2 months now, she has been micro dosing Oil that I had made for her with the harvest. Fingers crossed she has enough to get me to the end of this Gorilla harvest so I can make her some more.
Eh it's all good after i had a seizure from all the opiates i was prescribed i stopped started smoking bud again and i barely take painkillers anymore at.all unless i have a specific situation where I've done something silly. Is incredible. Doctors still just look at.me like a junkie though i hate it. I find if i mix BHO/rosin/RSO into MCT oil, my concentration is about 100mg/ml but that's apparently really strong or something. It works slot.shorter than normal orsl cannabis like 4-6 hours and is.my.favourite way to dose cannabis for.medicinal benifits.

yeah bit of advice take alot of information with a grain of salt. a lot of the info is either from a company trying to sell you their products, or is totally not scientific research lol a good source of info is dr bruce bugsy.
myths debunked or explained
some of the most non biased info you'll find :)
I just watched the cardinal parameters for optimal plant growth. Very informative. Some of the basic things are making much more sense now, rather than going in blind. I know for a fact that light pollution during night cycles is something I am gonna have to have a look at.

Eh it's all good after i had a seizure from all the opiates i was prescribed i stopped started smoking bud again and i barely take painkillers anymore at.all unless i have a specific situation where I've done something silly. Is incredible. Doctors still just look at.me like a junkie though i hate it. I find if i mix BHO/rosin/RSO into MCT oil, my concentration is about 100mg/ml but that's apparently really strong or something. It works slot.shorter than normal orsl cannabis like 4-6 hours and is.my.favourite way to dose cannabis for.medicinal benifits.
That is something hey, I will surely have a look at a strain that could help me with my lower back issues. Its a shame that doctors judge on this, but hey, its probably because they loosing their cash incentives from the pharma companies when they lose an opiate patient that is supposed to be on long term medication.

Hi @Skottelgoed Spons thanks for the welcome, Love Langebaan, I live in Sunningdale (Blouberg). I will start grow journals as soon as I start my Purple Opium, White Widow and Trumps cookie jar. Looking forward to that grow.
Noice! Around the corner from each other. Will keep an eye out for those journals.

I just watched the cardinal parameters for optimal plant growth. Very informative. Some of the basic things are making much more sense now, rather than going in blind. I know for a fact that light pollution during night cycles is something I am gonna have to have a look at.
I love Bruce because the only products he self are scientific measurement devices. They will make zero difference to your plants health and i believe his interest is that of a scientist he even says they use the same 20-10-20 fertilizer they use for all other plants just with vermiculite for silica there's so many myths, like nutrients don't build.up in flowers, plants regulate flowers nutrient content very tightly that's why they'll let all the leaves die.... so flushing actually does nothing, except reduce terpene content, don't get me wrong bad nutrients and bad water mean your plant can store heavy metals and other pesticides and such, but flushing isn't going to change that either. Sure same yourself some money on nutrients..but I use them in such low concentrations it's not an issue...
That is something hey, I will surely have a look at a strain that could help me with my lower back issues. Its a shame that doctors judge on this, but hey, its probably because they loosing their cash incentives from the pharma companies when they lose an opiate patient that is supposed to be on long term medication.
And I'm almost covered head to toe in tattoos, doesn't usually help, ywzhstrong indicas but they work as preventative not as pain management for me weed has almost 0 effect on pain

Welcome to the forum! I commend you for joining TI and diving head first into the research and learning. Proud of you man. Keep going and don't ever stop learning.
I know for a fact that light pollution during night cycles is something I am gonna have to have a look at.
Yeah, that's a current dilemma for me. I have an outside vent that let's in too much light. I use it for my passive air intake though so I can't just cover it up. Got to get my lazy ass to attach a vent coupling. Then install some ducting to eliminate the need to have any passive vents open at the bottom of my tent.
Man...everything about this hits home for me. Except for the seizure. I'm thankful I did not have to experience that. It does suck that some medical professionals frown upon or judge our choice to self medicate with a plant. I refuse pain meds for a reason because I'm scared of the possibility of getting addicted. It's tough to live with pain. I can relate to that man. I also make oil that I have tested at roughly 100mg/mL and yes, that is strong! LOL! Blessings Curb!

Hi BarnacleBill, LOL yes there is in Colorado, they give in-class and online training, Interpening is currently my favorite course subject, I love the anatomy on the cannabis plant, at this present point I am still fresh in my studies, but I really love the plant, it grows aggressive if treated well. Love it
dont forget, we know VERY little about plant physiology actually. regardless of what plant that is. hell some of them have 8 chromosome pairs. they can do practically anything...

Back
Top Bottom