Has anyone thought about quiting?

Well, currently I am on probation for a dui I got years ago (2007). I was running from it until December. My ex wife wanted revenge for divorcing her and tracked me down and turned me in. I was wrong and own up to it. But the point is, I am on probation for a drinking offense, but I am supposed to live a law abiding life and they are making sure by giving me random urinalysis. I am looking at options to go back to smoking, but cannot believe that I have to prove I don't smoke weed to these guys. It really pisses me off. I could go medical too, but I am against going that route and my court ordered counseling prohibits medical marijuana. That is another thorn in my side because they do not prohibit prescribed xanax or insulin. I was actually advised by my Probation Officer to get on Xanax or something.

I just hope that in the next 5 years or so, society will start to except it a little more and I can be more open about it without having people make me feel like I'm doing something wrong...

Oh yeah, one more thing, I think growing is more addicting than smoking the shit...I feel like I "NEED" to always grow and learn new things about it and to be honest, it takes up a good amount of my free time....

I'm the same, growing is fun, reduces CO2 in the air, and the product makes people happy, its a triple win situation. :yummy:

And with people looking down on you, it was the same for me until I took the time to explain and convince them that theres nothing wrong with it . Then they have no problem with me smoking but they still say "its not for me" and thats that and life goes on

-stay blazin :smokin:

I thought about quitting, but then I smoked and forgot what I was thinking about....lmao....

quit for about 25 years for family and work went on disability in 07 found it worked better than the meds they gave me felt bad about smoking at home got busted in 10 had to go thru drug program finished up in may. Vaporize at home now their not overjoyed why would you think about quitting your happiness and well being are more important. :peace:

i medicate at home behind closed doors, iguess iam a home body . i pose no treat or try to influnce any one . as an american i see no wrong in this. sorry to hear about your bust, my youngest got busted about 2 yrs. ago and he went thru the same program and got his charges droped for clean urine wich is a good thing, i hope you had good outcome to .:peace:

I'm pretty sure that society is what makes people think you have to stay away from marijuana to be a respectable father and family man...I would guess that you were a good dad either way, but had made a choice to stop to satisfy others and their views, I may be wrong...I have never known a person who smoked to be effected by it in a negative fashion like people are effected by alcohol, meth, cocaine, and other things of that nature...i have a child who is almost 6 now, I do not promote or show her marijuana, nor do I feel it would accomplish anything by doing so, but when she is older, I will not frown on it or lead her to believe it is wrong...I use it medically and just for the simple fact that I enjoy it too, I just hope that in the next 5 years or so, society will start to except it a little more and I can be more open about it without having people make me feel like I'm doing something wrong...Oh yeah, one more thing, I think growing is more addicting than smoking the shit...I feel like I "NEED" to always grow and learn new things about it and to be honest, it takes up a good amount of my free time....I dream about it, I love it, enjoy it, and think it is one of the funnest hobbies anyone can have, but that is just my opinion!!! I was not trying to put you on the spot and say your decision wasn't warranted and that you made the wrong choice, I just feel like society makes people feel like they are doing something wrong and that then makes a big impact on decision making when you are trying to raise a family "responsibly", you know...Anyways my friend, keep it green and smoke it up, you have a lot of time to make up for!!!!:peacetwo:

well said indeed.:bravo:

its official!
im no longer able to afford to grow the cannabis plant. sadest part is i have to rely on the pharmacy. their medicine never has quite done the trick. kill the pain without makin me a waste of space.
we will see.

he replied.. I bet you would choose your weed over me.. and
I said
HELL YES!:blalol:

I've been on both sides of this. I toked for many years & have suffered horrifically at the hands of people who judged me for self-medicating. On the other hand, my ex seriously put his toking (and pursuit thereof) ahead of everyone/everything & it contributed to the deterioration of his role in our family. I never judged him for smoking, but rather that his loved ones were never his top priority. (I quit smoking 6 years ago to keep my kids safe.)

If toking makes you happy & it's not fucking up your life (or the lives of your loved ones) then fuck those people. However... you seem to be having doubts yourself over whether you're taking things too far or not... It's all about what matters most to you & you can see things pretty well all on your own.

If you love your boyfriend, you never should have told him you'd choose _anything_ over him & you need to rethink your priorities. Maybe quit or reach a compromise while reassuring him that he does mean more to you than toking, but that it's important to you. Your feelings matter, too.

If you're not that serious about him & your decisions aren't mutually beneficial, then maybe you should consider ending things & finding someone more compatible to your lifestyle choices.

I've been on both sides of this. I toked for many years & have suffered horrifically at the hands of people who judged me for self-medicating. On the other hand, my ex seriously put his toking (and pursuit thereof) ahead of everyone/everything & it contributed to the deterioration of his role in our family. I never judged him for smoking, but rather that his loved ones were never his top priority. (I quit smoking 6 years ago to keep my kids safe.)

If toking makes you happy & it's not fucking up your life (or the lives of your loved ones) then fuck those people. However... you seem to be having doubts yourself over whether you're taking things too far or not... It's all about what matters most to you & you can see things pretty well all on your own.

If you love your boyfriend, you never should have told him you'd choose _anything_ over him & you need to rethink your priorities. Maybe quit or reach a compromise while reassuring him that he does mean more to you than toking, but that it's important to you. Your feelings matter, too.

If you're not that serious about him & your decisions aren't mutually beneficial, then maybe you should consider ending things & finding someone more compatible to your lifestyle choices.

I absoutely agree with you, and I know it's all up to me and what matters to me the most, and I never did tell him I would leave him for my herbs but he insinuated I would, so me being sarcastic told him that I would. But I do see where your coming from but cannot relate since I have no kids or major responsibilties in life as of now.

But your right.... am at a point where I believe am taking my medication a bit to far and... it is effecting my love ones and people around me. But hey 'what can I do'.. and I can't quit or slow it down for that matter.. I get things done, I work, I pay my rent, I pay my bills.. I feel that am very reponsible at my age considering the majority of young adults in the US still depend on mommy.. so yeah... like I was saying -- it does effect my love ones.. it does effect my boyfriend, it does effect people around me.. but I just dont give a shit.. they dont pay my bills, they dont put clothes on my back.. it basicly comes down to.. should I consider there feelings? should I consider there advice or warnings from what the media propaganda is flling there heads with? should I quit to make them happy? this is what totally screws with my mind, they want to fit in with the rest of world, there basicly embarrased to have a girlfriend or daughter who's a pot head.

am sure other people can relate.

it does effect my love ones.. it does effect my boyfriend, it does effect people around me.. but I just dont give a shit.. they dont pay my bills, they dont put clothes on my back.. it basicly comes down to.. should I consider there feelings? should I consider there advice or warnings from what the media propaganda is flling there heads with? should I quit to make them happy? this is what totally screws with my mind, they want to fit in with the rest of world, there basicly embarrased to have a girlfriend or daughter who's a pot head.
am sure other people can relate.

Should always try to be mindful of peoples' feelings, without sublimating your own feelings/needs. Do they have legitimate complaints concerning a negative impact on your behavior, or is it more about keeping up appearances? If it's just the latter, then the problem is on their heads, not yours... Still, you love them & whether admitting it or not, people tend to want loved ones to appreciate & accept us as we are.

Your best bet of trying to ease that tension is through educating people. Cannabis is a seriously maligned beneficial herb... If your loved ones are swallowing the garbage propaganda, when they try to challenge your affections for them because of your toking, challenge theirs for you by insisting they educate themselves & quit judging you for a lifestyle choice.

If they are too stubborn to meet you halfway & learn more, they may come around in time. If not, just do whatever you feel is best for you... always remembering... You can't reason with unreasonable people. :Namaste:

Should always try to be mindful of peoples' feelings, without sublimating your own feelings/needs. Do they have legitimate complaints concerning a negative impact on your behavior, or is it more about keeping up appearances? If it's just the latter, then the problem is on their heads, not yours... Still, you love them & whether admitting it or not, people tend to want loved ones to appreciate & accept us as we are.

Your best bet of trying to ease that tension is through educating people. Cannabis is a seriously maligned beneficial herb... If your loved ones are swallowing the garbage propaganda, when they try to challenge your affections for them because of your toking, challenge theirs for you by insisting they educate themselves & quit judging you for a lifestyle choice.

If they are too stubborn to meet you halfway & learn more, they may come around in time. If not, just do whatever you feel is best for you... always remembering... You can't reason with unreasonable people. :Namaste:

Sorry for the late reply.. :)
I really do believe my behavior has change, I have to admit my personality has change'd, not for the worst or better, but just changed... if that makes any sense lol -- I read your profile and you mention you stop'ed smoking?. May I ask why? am thinking about stopping for just a few weeks and see if there is a difference on how my behavior or moods effects me. As am typing now and getting ready to smoke a fatty with a few friends and can't help to think.. how awesome it would be to smoke one and have this convo lol...am reading your replies and dammit you make so much sense it's not even
funny!. I had a similar conversation with a person who have stop'ed and tell me "since I've stoped, I have had more open doors along my way" and i get to thinking... that makes so much sense.. sometimes you have to live among society and not againts it.

it's all about balance.

Don't forget you are the balance master.

that is a key role!

balance!

smoke one on monday, wait till wednsday, roll one on saturday then right back at it on Monday! :Namaste:

I have no kids or major responsibilties in life as of now.

Would you have if you were not consuming cannabis (or at least not at your current rate)?

am thinking about stopping for just a few weeks and see if there is a difference on how my behavior or moods effects me. As am typing now and getting ready to smoke a fatty with a few friends and can't help to think.. how awesome it would be to smoke one and have this convo lol.

When contemplating quitting/taking a break, do you find yourself reaching for "just one more?"

When doing an activity - that logic tells you that you should enjoy - that you can not consume while doing or when around the people there, do you find that you are in fact NOT enjoying it and that you really just want to go toke up instead?

I read your profile and you mention you stop'ed smoking?. May I ask why?

I had a similar conversation with a person who have stop'ed and tell me "since I've stoped, I have had more open doors along my way" and i get to thinking... that makes so much sense.. sometimes you have to live among society and not againts it.

I have children that range from 5 to 12 & am pregnant now... I quit years ago, because I feared my toking was too risky for my kids. Texas is harsh, & while I've heard their CPS has lightened up somewhat, I've seen what they can do.

You can live your life doing everything as close to right as you can, but if you toke, one allegation from a malicious person is all it takes to set the system in motion to try to steal your kids. A failed drug test can do it, particularly if you're naive enough to believe they really have your childrens best interests at heart. There are a few who care, but it's mostly a disgusting business where the employees will do & say the most god awful things, blatantly lying & going out of their way to shatter families. (The system gets BIG federal incentives to take as many kids as they can, drug them with questionable/dangerous prescriptions, & adopt them out to new families.)

If things were different, I'd be happy to join some of my loved ones in toking, as I really miss that & I know it'd help some of my issues so much. It makes me sick that people who toke get judged & persecuted as they do, but at this point, it's just the way it is, so it's safer for my family to abstain.

Your friend is right about the open doors. It's not so much that I'd say quitting will open doors for you, because any choice you make will open some doors & close others, but there are definitely a lot of doors that are considerably easier to get through if you don't toke. ;) Abstaining also lessens your chances of being a target, but you just have to do what's right for you.

Ha....haddy..ha......UMMMM WHAT......its WHAT...oooppppps wrong thread... quiting ......haaaaaaaaa.......

When we feel our tolerances are building up we stop for a month or two and then restart. I must say the high the first week or two after restarting is amazing.

I've smoked for over 40 years. In all that time I've quit when times were hard, when my kids were small, for a job, or when I was too busy to care if had any. I've personally never had a problem stopping for a month or a year or two.

The only real advice I can offer is never let anyone else talk you into doing something you don't wish to do. You and you alone know yourself, you capacity and your lifestyle. :peacetwo:

I wish we were next door. I'd be joining you whenever possible. :)

Has anyone thought about quiting?
am at a stage where most of the people I see in a daily basis look down on me., work, friends,family, boyfriend... they litteraly talk down on me, saying I have a problem.. that I smoke too much. Before I never really smoked as much as I do now, it used to be only on the weekends... but maybe there right.. I mean, I start to think that.. shit am blazed out everyday now.. have I lost the old me? have I changed? has my persona/personality changed?

has anyone been through this?
I don't want to quit smoking and sure enough I never will. like I told my b/friend, this is who I am now.. so tough!

he replied.. I bet you would choose your weed over me.. and
I said
HELL YES!:blalol:

Back
Top Bottom