Having some issues- brown hairs, purple stems :(

phiGweed

Hey, so I’m in week 4 of flower starting today but starting last week, some of my hairs started turning orangish/brown. I feel like that is entirely too early. The leaves of my plants are purple and I’m just completely lost overall. My soils pH is 6.4. Ppm runoff was at 2600-2800. I flushed her and got it down to 1200 ppm. (Fed her a lower nute intake today-around 500-600ppm) I’m using FFOF and Flora Series nutes as well as botanicare calmag. Any ideas or suggestions that could help me possibly get her back on track and suggestions on how to prevent anything from getting worse. Pics below:

purple stems

D199E060-20E1-4D3B-829A-7A0DC50BD6CE.png

Orange/brown hairs - week 4
8B9A4B2D-298E-4F96-8204-B61DDC82E7CD.jpeg
image.jpg

Some smaller buds even have some hairs turning brown.
WEEK 4 of Flower:
Any Advice please!

The hairs turning colors looks like a leaf getting blown up against the bud. Nothing to worry about. As far as the ppm of your run off. You are wasting your time checking that since you are growing in soil. There is no way to get an accurate reading from runoff. If your water's ph is 6.4 AFTER you add your nutes you are good to go. Just follow your nutrient lines schedule. If they are synthetic nutes make sure you have a good runoff amount so you don't get salt build up in your soil.

The hairs turning colors looks like a leaf getting blown up against the bud. Nothing to worry about. As far as the ppm of your run off. You are wasting your time checking that since you are growing in soil. There is no way to get an accurate reading from runoff. If your water's ph is 6.4 AFTER you add your nutes you are good to go. Just follow your nutrient lines schedule. If they are synthetic nutes make sure you have a good runoff amount so you don't get salt build up in your soil.
Thank you so much! I was told they look like they were “dying” so I definitely feel better! Still new and every thing is just making me paranoid at this point. Especially seeing I made it this far with her!

Runoff contains chemical salts from your nutes and fine sediments from the media, it’s an inflated number anyway. To check the ph of your soil requires a slurry test using distilled water. Here is where many new growers hit the wall.... they check runoff ph or ppms and freak out then go tweaking the ph or ppms of the input nute mix to get a different / lower / higher number in runoff. Don’t chase that - it leads nowhere good. Worry about your input numbers - forget the runoff numbers.

pretty girl nice and fluffy, yep I’d hit that.... when she grows up that is. :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you so much! I was told they look like they were “dying” so I definitely feel better! Still new and every thing is just making me paranoid at this point. Especially seeing I made it this far with her!
Welcome! I’m new too & the most important thing I’ve learned so far is to not panic. I still panic every day, but then my girls do something amazing. This activity calms me & stresses me at the same time. I’ve achieved balance!!

Runoff contains chemical salts from your nutes and fine sediments from the media, it’s an inflated number anyway. To check the ph of your soil requires a slurry test using distilled water. Here is where many new growers hit the wall.... they check runoff ph or ppms and freak out then go tweaking the ph of the input mix to get a different / lower / higher number in runoff. Don’t chase that - it leads nowhere goor. Worry about your input numbers forget the runoff numbers.

pretty girl nice and fluffy, yep I’d hit that.... when she grows up that is. :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:
Thank you! I remember being told this but seeing the purple stems made me assume something was wrong. As well as the orange hairs forming already. Was totally freaked!

No problem. Here to help

Hey everyone!! I just wanted to give an update and say thank you to everyone that has helped me along this journey! Im in week 6 and and loving everything! Not sure what to expect out of weight but Thank you again! I’ve learned soooo much! This strain takes about 8-9 weeks to flower so I’m hoping these last few weeks are just as great!

C923B97D-42D7-4F50-89B4-89811C26717A.png

6F3F12E0-F46E-42CC-902F-7753BA9078A3.jpeg
4DBCFA58-1A7B-4E18-A454-27A334E70998.jpeg
8AD167E6-1D50-49E7-9DAD-C96A3508819E.jpeg

2B57B043-0F8A-4EC1-9850-D135AC4A6A96.jpeg
296339B1-6ED7-4C6F-A0B7-3DEFB89E6FFA.jpeg
F8D2BD62-2D64-4A35-9420-85303E74F83E.jpeg

03273909-5DFD-40A8-81BE-CE437172D9CB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom